Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a license plate frame that looks good. I'm very curious what everyone's frame looks like. I think the a chrome or black frame will look out of place on my sky. If you have pictures of your license plates frames, could you please post them. Hopefully it shows the whole back end of the car so I can see how it looks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I got a pair of smoke plastic license covers and installed some black weather striping along the out side edge. It makes plate look smaller but also blends in with my midnight blue paint. Added bonus it keeps dust and water from getting in between license and frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
I went with 2 different types. The front plate cover is a smoked plastic with a slight convex shape to it. The smoked appearance matches the smoked headlights of the Redline.
The back plate holder is just a plain chrome holder that matches up well with the chrome on the car and doesn't look cheesy.
I'll post a couple of photos ASAP.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just keep in mind, many states have a law against smoked plate covers. You may want to look into it before making your choice. It would be a bummer to get pulled over at an inopportuned time!

We have black holder on the front and chrome on the back. Chrome on the front made it look too busy.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here's mine
There is way to much going on in that one for me. I want just a normal, clean look and just having the license plate makes it look weird to me.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Smoked covers are illegal in Oregon. Clear covers with no stirations(sp) are generally allowed by law enforcement for the front only.

·
Registered
16 Posts
oregon troopers will always find a problem

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Smoked covers are illegal in Oregon. Clear covers with no stirations(sp) are generally allowed by law enforcement for the front only.
The troupers can always find a problem with your ride or the way you drive.Find a holder for your plate that you like and stick to it (legality be damned)My main concern was my w/r led color. I look at the vetts going down the the road with no front plate at all ,and wonder why they get a pass?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Im still pimping my Dealerships plate.
Normally I take them off immediately, but the've been great, so I don't mind giving them free advertising until I run into a plate I like.

tgrlily24
With such an elaborate cover, you need to make sure your sticker is aligned properly next year
:jester:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Minimal chrome

Rear plate only... I'll take my chances. On the rear, we've got a chrome plate frame with slim edges. The plate drops down into the frame. Just a very minimal amount of chrome around it and a pair of small clear silicon bumpers underneath to keep the assembly off the paint.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
:cool:I changed mine to black frames yesterday...it has a silver Pegasus emblem to match the theme of my SKY...
But I Really like Tigerlilys....but I can't find it in black..:banghead:

:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
:cool:I changed mine to black frames yesterday...it has a silver Pegasus emblem to match the theme of my SKY...
But I Really like Tigerlilys....but I can't find it in black..:banghead:

:cheers:
Wow, that is a nice plate Tammy....I will pist pictures of mine later....I saw one last night on the way home that was digital and had a short message on it ....:cool:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's mine...
I think this one would look perfect on the silver graphite. Where did you get it from? It almost looks like a carbon fiber print.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I think this one would look perfect on the silver graphite. Where did you get it from? It almost looks like a carbon fiber print.
The frame itself is the one from Kappashere. It is chrome or chrome looking. I wrapped it with the carbon fiber print vinyl that ASAP Graphics sells. It is the same stuff for the windshield surround kit.

·
Registered
254 Posts
New frame arrived today!

Chrome plated solid brass......no rust! :woo: Engraved and filled in with color of your choice!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I had a BMW Z4 in front of me at a light with the Roadster frame and I really liked it so I ordered one off of Ebay. I figured I deserved to wear it more so then the Z4 because I smoked his a** when both of us gunned it to out run the approaching thunderstorms. Life is good especially when no one knows what's under the hood. :cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts