Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there have the lighter and ashtray option in their Sky? And if so, where exactly is it located. I don't smoke but I though it might be a good idea to have an "extra plug-in" where the lighter is (and ashtray to hold change) I might want to plug in my cell and maybe a radar dector at the same time...your comments and thoughts are appreciated, as always.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I just did a quick glance at the saturn site, it says ashtray (including lighter)
"The easy-to-insert and easy-to-remove smokers package fits perfectly into the cupholder" sounds to me more like you do not gain anything only lose a cupholder.:eek:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
DARZSKY said:
Does anyone out there have the lighter and ashtray option in their Sky? And if so, where exactly is it located. I don't smoke but I though it might be a good idea to have an "extra plug-in" where the lighter is (and ashtray to hold change) I might want to plug in my cell and maybe a radar dector at the same time...your comments and thoughts are appreciated, as always.
Well I did not get the smokers package, but the lighter socket is to the right side of the console right in front of the cup holder on the lower dash, covered at the moment. I am sure it is working because if you get a flat you will need it to supply power for your air compressor--

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...so it sounds to me that you don't actually get another "outlet"...you just get a lighter, which you place into the ONE outlet that is there already and you get some kind of cup for the ashtray....this is not what I had in mind...Thanks, think I'll keep my $46.:D Glad I aked..thanks again.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
DARZSKY said:
Get a Y adapter to plug into the single outlet. The smoker's package has a lighter, a replacement receptacle, and an ash tray that fits in the cup holder.

You have to replace the existing power outlet with the one that comes with the smokers package.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SolWhat (love the name)....Thanks!
p.s. where do I buy one of those....I know you can get splitters for cable hookup at radio shack....how about one of these?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
DARZSKY said:
SolWhat (love the name)....Thanks!
p.s. where do I buy one of those....I know you can get splitters for cable hookup at radio shack....how about one of these?
I would think you could pick one up at almost any place that has auto supplies/accessories. The one I have is probably 30 years old, plugs into the cigar lighter socket and has 3 outlet sockets on it.

I use it for the cell phone and to power this rig.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts