Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 914 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Hey Tony. Don't forget to add that lipstick will be a daily drivin car! And your plan will be ok with everyday driving! The set-up your doing is 1 of a kind! And to make it a daily driven car is a huge bonus! Just a little fyi! Lol. U know my number! I'm commin for ya!:lol::thumbs::cheers:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
thanks guys!

yes, I will keep the 2 liter displacement. I don't need to add any more displacement......because I have the "compound turbo" set-up.

it will act like a V8 displacement (2 liter engine plus gt28 turbo).......then you add the gt40 turbo. So its almost like a v8 engine with a big turbo :) That's the good thing about a compound turbo set-up.

its a 600hp build daily driven and very stout engine that can handle up to 1000 hp.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
UPDATE:

since, I'm very cautious about using a tubular manifold that will crack later on. Burnsstainless.com will be providing BTF 321 stainless steel to use for the manifold fabricating. 321 stainless steel tubing is one of the most desirable materials for exhaust systems because of its excellent resistance to fatigue and cracking at elevated temperatures. It is usually the material of choice for high temperature turbo applications.

On top of that, I talked to the manager/metallurgist of Nitrofreeze about having the 321 stainless steel manifold cryo-treated since I really want the BTF tubular manifold to last and not crack due to heat cycles.

Ryan told me that a 321 stainless steel is 17-19% carbon. It would benefit from cryo-treatment. the manifold will undergo stress relieving. This helps remove stresses that will develop intro cracks as the part ages. Retained austenite will convert to martensite making the manifold less susceptible to cracking.

So Nitrofreeze.com, one of my sponsors recommended to have my 321 tubular manifold, dp, and other hot parts be cryo-treated first.....before going to swaintech for ceramic coating.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I wonder how much this would cost some one like me. With -0- sponsors.
I personally will not be able to afford all of these upgrades if I don't get help by these companies. But Jeb, it's not all glamorous being sponsored. I have all obligations and contracts to fullfill.

That's why I always strive to go to unchartered territories ....... to make sure my car is always at the top and different. That's how my car gets noticed and sponsored......

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
284 Posts
Congrats on the project man! Hope it works out smoothly. As to those inquiring minds regarding price I can vouch for the engine build since I did one myself it's roughly 8.5K including parts.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
:agree:

Thats what I was thinking. probably close to the value of the car.... or more.:rolleyes:

20k-30k for a joe-schmo?

uhhhhmmmm....let see some guestimates here:

sleeved block & aftermarket parts = $6k
ported head & aftermarket parts = $3k
Werks Race IC = $1.5k
GT4094r = $1.8k
GT2871r w/ Tial housing = $1.5k
Compound kit = $3k
cryo-treatment of engine & tranny =$3k
spec stage 3 clutch =$1.2k
swaintech coating =$1k
AEM meth kit =$0.3k
Blitz boost controller =$0.5k
DDM walbro fuel pump =$0.35k
labor fees =$3-4k
dyno tuning =$0.5k
TOTAL = roughly around $27-28k ????

about the same price of a Mallet conversion :confused:

so if you have $30k.......you pick which route you take :confused:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
pocket change.

·
Registered
284 Posts
sleeved block & aftermarket parts = $6k
ported head & aftermarket parts = $3k
Werks Race IC = $1.5k
$1.5k
Compound kit = $3k

spec stage 3 clutch =$1.2k
These prices are making me go ?? I can't vouch for some of the other stuff but I used almost all brand name stuff and didn't pay close to 30k? Like for instance my Spec Stage 3 plus lightweight flywheel came out to less than 1.2k! An intercooler for 1.5k?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
These prices are making me go ?? I can't vouch for some of the other stuff but I used almost all brand name stuff and didn't pay close to 30k? Like for instance my Spec Stage 3 plus lightweight flywheel came out to less than 1.2k! An intercooler for 1.5k?
Actually the werks race Intercooler will probably cost more since someone has to pay about $60 shipping.

Your spec stage 3 is cheaper than stage 3+. Monadzback got it for $850 since I think he receives 10% discount or sumthin. Without discount, plus shipping, it will be around $1100 or so depending on where u buy it.

That's y I said, guestimates....

If a person does his research And get the lowest price, he might save $5000.

Dyno time is another key. More tuning time, more money....

I know you didn't spend as much money, but look at the parts listed on my first post, I bet u don't have as much upgrades internally, drivetrain services and labor......

·
Registered
259 Posts
Did someone say 600 whp EVO? :cool: Yea baby :thumbs::thumbs:
Tony, my friend, why even bother. I learned my lesson from the few pics you posted of our cars together.
Your real friends are happy for you and wish you the best.
Does anyone make an intercooler delete pipe for your car :lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Did someone say 600 whp EVO? :cool: Yea baby :thumbs::thumbs:
Tony, my friend, why even bother. I learned my lesson from the few pics you posted of our cars together.
Your real friends are happy for you and wish you the best.
Does anyone make an intercooler delete pipe for your car :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Why would you want that? :confused:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Tony, thank you for saying "I have the right to criticize" however I never would. Everyone has their own style, taste, pocketbook etc. Even with vehicles that do not fit my taste, I can appreciate the amount of hard work and dedication and money that went into building them. So I appreciate them for what they are and for how proud their owners are of them. And most importantly KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT. But thats just me. I try to learn form every vehicle and every owners expierence and gain knowledge from them.
For those of you that don't know, I own a 624whp, 512wtq on 93 pump gas EVO ( not stock internals )and a SKY Redline. Tony posted some pics a few months ago of our cars together at a charity car show and I got ripped apart on this site. They are very different cars. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So lets wish Tony the best! There will always be someone faster or better that what each of us owns. Remember opnions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and alot of them are $hitty :lol:

P.S. The intercooler delete pipe is an inside joke between Tony and I. I am buying his current intercooler once this build starts. It has been pushed off several times so I am just teasing about a delete pipe so I can get that intercooler.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
**** I run my car. Got 12 people at Nationals plus pictures to prove it.
Even got my own theme song
Running with the Devil by VH

It's hard to race our cars outside of AutoX. You can mod them like crazy, get insane power, seriously improve the handling, but until you weld in a roll cage, most places won't let you on their track. There are a couple that allow you to use what I consider an extremely dangerous style bar, but IMHO, that's just asking for murphy to b1tch slap you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Drag racing proves nothing but acceleration.
Sports cars are all about handling.
Racing for the pinks is a fools bet. Anyone can miss a shift or foul a plug.
Autocross doesn't require horsepower, it requires driving skill and flat cornering. You never even get out of second gear!

All this venom is childish bull$hit. Talk is cheap, trash talk is cheapening.
And to boot, you guys can't spell worth a damn or construct a clear thought into a sentence, which makes you all look even more ridiculous.

Try to remember this: when you argue with a fool, bystanders can't tell who is the fool.

Go build your cars and then we'll see who's who.

21 - 40 of 914 Posts