Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some expertise help...tried to remove the original ones that came with the car...what did they do? Glue them on....I am afraid if i twist them to hard, something will crack....I haven't used plyers yet....any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Yap they are glued, use hair dryer to heat them up and pull slow...Seal9:cheers:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I never would have figured that. Interesting guess.

·
Registered
18,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank u seal...I will definitely try it...but when u say pull it up...is it screwed on with glue...or just glued? Can u qualify? All my other cars were screwed on...

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Be careful putting the Lil Chromies on that you do not get the red adhesive on your paint finish or interior. Put the recommended 4 drops in, place it right next to the lock pull post, and then quickly flip it over and onto the post. Mine pretty much went right on; the driver's side got hung up a little about half way down which allowed some of the glue to make it out before I had it perfectly seated. So before putting any glue in the Chromies you might do a test fit first to make sure it seats all the way down. The glue is easy enough to clean up just have an absorbent rag on stand by. I am just passing on my experience in hopes of helping others.

·
Registered
669 Posts
marklynn70 said:
Be careful putting the Lil Chromies on that you do not get the red adhesive on your paint finish or interior. Put the recommended 4 drops in, place it right next to the lock pull post, and then quickly flip it over and onto the post. Mine pretty much went right on; the driver's side got hung up a little about half way down which allowed some of the glue to make it out before I had it perfectly seated. So before putting any glue in the Chromies you might do a test fit first to make sure it seats all the way down. The glue is easy enough to clean up just have an absorbent rag on stand by. I am just passing on my experience in hopes of helping others.
:agree: I got the red glue all over me...:) but I kept it off the car. Also be careful not to push down too hard, just twist clockwise with a little downward pressure. The "wire" can be pushed too far (yep, I did it) but you can pull it back out. Don't try to pull up until the glue dries...you'll just pull the Chromie off. Amazing the things you learn through first hand experience...:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts