Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the new license plate frame from Kappasphere, pretty nice but a little high in my opinion.

I recieved my new R/L plate frames today, and I can tell you they are of high quality and less than the 'sphere's, inlcluding delivery. Also they have many choices for regular SKY's as well, It just doesn't make sense to pay 34.95 plus shipping for a Licensed GM license plate frame.:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have to agree, it looks nice but the price is too high for what it is. You can get one that looks the same on ebay for $9.50.

Very similar to the one on kappasphere.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I got one of the ebay ones a couple months ago... the one with SKY in a burnished aluminum on the polished frame. A bit subtler than the black lettering. Complete with the screw caps. Very happy with it.

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
Ernest,

can you post were you got your RL license plate frames from? Or just PM me with the details when you get the chance...Thanx:D

·
Registered
444 Posts
It is nice to know I am not alone on this!!!!!! Then I am not as crazy as I thought:willy: :cheers:
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

You are not crazy,,, just a fanatic like all of us!!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
It is nice to know I am not alone on this!!!!!! Then I am not as crazy as I thought:willy: :cheers:
H*// no you aren't alone Ernest. They defended the price of the Kapparoo with all the quality construction arguments and belittling the items we purchase at Wally world and online. Now 6 months after the release of the car their latest offering is a $40 after shipping license plate frame. Are we to believe they are using a precious metal, a special pressing process than any one else, or that it will last longer than any other on the market today? I purchased mine online 6 months ago on line for less than $15 delivered and it is just fine today with out the wait and the much adjusted price. Ernest just order 2 more to add to his ever growing collection. I attached the pictures for every else to see how you can even get custom writing on yours with very little wait and much less money.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,172 Posts
I can truly certify that Ernest is crazy...prove me wrong Mark...:lol: :lol:

By the way, I got the blackened one on e-bay and it is great looking. I believe robert will be coming out with something shortly...always love to see how his mind works...so creative.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah, that price is a bit high. I bought similar ones but with the name of my car on it from eBay, overtime I realized just going flat black metal frame was more of a clean look.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I can truly certify that Ernest is crazy...prove me wrong Mark...:lol: :lol:

By the way, I got the blackened one on e-bay and it is great looking. I believe robert will be coming out with something shortly...always love to see how his mind works...so creative.
I don't think I can prove you wrong, but if he is crazy what does that make me for hanging out with him because there is no better friend to be had and I wouldn’t trade him for anything in the world.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Ernest,

can you post were you got your RL license plate frames from? Or just PM me with the details when you get the chance...Thanx:D
Go to CafePress.com and search for Sky License Plates. There are some stuff for Solstices too!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Ernest has his SKY .... if crazy is what it takes ... then call me crazy .... :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :cool:

·
Registered
476 Posts
First I'd like to thank you for starting a new thread on this instead of posting in our release thread. :cheers:

Some of our products are not for everyone. It is difficult to make everyone happy, but we try our best. We do hold a high standard for quality. Just look at our sister companies.

www.sector111.com
www.rev111.com
www.arqray.com

Unfortunately we have to substitue price for quality and that is not everyone's priority. For some our license plate frame is perfect and well worth the money. Snowy weather will rust a simple chromed steal license plate frame. It has been done. Ours is stainless steal wich is going to cost more and our logos are Licensed by GM wich costs more. They are also engraved and painted where as alot of the ebay ones are just stickers that fade, crack, and peal off. Again not everyone's cup of tea and I understand. It is impossible to make everyone happy but we do try.

Thanks again for the imput. We are always looking for ways to lower cost without substituting quality.:thumbs:

Any suggestions to resolve the cost issue?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I looked into the cafepress ones too (since we had thrown around the idea of an official cafepress store so i did a lot of research), they're ok but I think the kappasphere one is much higher quality and will last in the long run. I'd have to shop around some more for others on the same level as theirs before I comment on the price though.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I don't understand why people put license plate frames on their cars that say what the car is...ie. "BMW" on a BMW...or "Sky" on a Sky...seriously, it looks ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts