Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know sometimes it's hard for people to figure out where parts are located on the engine because they go by various names and the engine seems like a maze of things. I'm going to start trying to put together some images with various popular parts labeled for easier reference. Feel free to reuse these in posts when answering questions regarding our engines.

Note that currently I only have this first image but will be working on others. Except for the turbo specific parts, these labels are the same for the LE5 as well, the engine just looks a little different without the turbo on it. I will try to add more pictures in the future. If anyone knows of any images like this for the LE5 or any other back/driver's side images for either the LNF or LE5, please forward them to me. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Great post Robo. I appreciate this picture a lot as I was never sure about all the various parts and their zip codes in the engine bay. I have saved this in my ever-growing information folder :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
"Great post Robo. I appreciate this picture a lot as I was never sure about all the various parts and their zip codes in the engine bay. I have saved this in my ever-growing information folder "

Ditto.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
OK,which way is Forward??

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Where the belts are is the front of the engine and the front of the car.
Thanks...........These days with electric fans and either end drive, its not always obvious...LOL

·
7,052 Posts
"Great post Robo. I appreciate this picture a lot as I was never sure about all the various parts and their zip codes in the engine bay. I have saved this in my ever-growing information folder "

Ditto.
"I have saved this in my ever-growing information folder"

:confused: For some reason to me this guy BlueRL is sounding a lot like Lilfly - Larry also a white headed top who collected and carried lots of Kappa information in his folder....
MarlboroMike, chime in on this please!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Found a typo and an arrow pointing to the wrong part. Will fix tomorrow but thank you.

EDIT: Fixed...until I find something else wrong with it. LOL
Ok, so you made this a fun puzzle to figure out what you had changed (cause you didnt say!) and I spotted the change to the oil drain plug verbiage and pointer, plus the typo change to the turbo oil feed line.

One more typo Robo, locate "Heat Sheild" and correct spelling. Can you also scan for "Turbo" and replace it with "freakin awesome Turbo" :)

I am still looking for Waldo, is he hiding under the EcoTec cover plate?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
"I have saved this in my ever-growing information folder"

:confused: For some reason to me this guy BlueRL is sounding a lot like Lilfly - Larry also a white headed top who collected and carried lots of Kappa information in his folder....
MarlboroMike, chime in on this please!
Actually. I was just posting a Ditto. Look closely at that post I just quoted jgassor. You still dont know who I am....LOL

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
I know sometimes it's hard for people to figure out where parts are located on the engine because they go by various names and the engine seems like a maze of things. I'm going to start trying to put together some images with various popular parts labeled for easier reference. Feel free to reuse these in posts when answering questions regarding our engines.

Note that currently I only have this first image but will be working on others. Except for the turbo specific parts, these labels are the same for the LE5 as well, the engine just looks a little different without the turbo on it. I will try to add more pictures in the future. If anyone knows of any images like this for the LE5 or any other back/driver's side images for either the LNF or LE5, please forward them to me. Thank you.

View attachment 114659
Sexy!

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
I am curious. In the diagram, there is a "water pump front access panel". Can the water pump be replaced through the opening?

I wonder why it is such a difficult and expensive project. I understand unrelated things getting in the way, but can't they be removed to gain access to the working area?
The front access panel will let you access the water pump gear ( connected to timing chain). When replacing the WP, you use a special tool to hold the water pump gear in place.

·
Registered
5 Posts

View attachment 114659
I came across this Driver's Side View of an LE5. Source file can be found @ https://i.pinimg.com/originals/90/89/06/9089067bc6026e4a7fe37b27a8176593.jpg

·
Premium Member
792 Posts

View attachment 114659
Love the pic!

Now that I'm elbow deep into my engine... I'm really starting to wonder why they have 2 belts and 2 chains... Seems like a lot of extra equipment for no reason.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts