Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did someone had this package installed and test?
LNF Power Pak by DDMWorks
Include :
DDMWorks LNF Cold Air intake, DDMWorks Charge tubes, and Trifecta Remote Tune ...

They advertise 70 to 80 at the wheel.

Just to mention that I will have the stage II turbo kit (GM) Install in the next week.

I read somewhere here that someone had issue with Trifecta, is that a common problem?

Thanks all in advance

·
Premium Member
5,298 Posts
I have never heard of anyone having issues with Trifecta tunes. Have heard they sometimes take awhile to upgrade. Waiting on mine now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a great thing about the Trifecta

I found for the price and having an extra "80 HP" look great ratio $ vs HP

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
If you go with the GM Performance LNF Turbo Upgrade (part# 19212670 or 19369111) you should make sure you get the plug & play connectors versus the cut and crimp or solder connectors. If you go thru Crate Engine Depot you can request the ready made connectors for an additional fee. Trust me, it is worth every penny. The Kappa threads are flooded with people that have crimped or soldered the connectors and are now having CEL problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did order it ( 19369111 ) from a GM dealer and I'm located in Ontario, Canada and GM retired. So with my employes price iti had a very good price if I compare 650$ usd.

I will be sure to have the quick connect connector install for a proper job.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I could let you know in a few weeks (or longer knowing my luck!). I just put my order in for the LNF Power Pak about a week ago :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could let you know in a few weeks (or longer knowing my luck!). I just put my order in for the LNF Power Pak about a week ago /forums/images/smilies/smile5.gif

Oh please, that will be very appreciated for sure.

Do you will install it yourself?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Oh please, that will be very appreciated for sure.

Do you will install it yourself?
Unlikely. While I will DIY a lot of stuff, I feel like this is the kind of thing I'd pay someone to do right. I may change my mind after going through the instructions, but leaning toward no for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
If you go with the GM Performance LNF Turbo Upgrade (part# 19212670 or 19369111)Trust me, it is worth every penny. The Kappa threads are flooded with people that have crimped or soldered the connectors and are now having CEL problems.
That. I chased intermittent limp mode issues for a couple years, through multiple (worthless) dealer visits, before I dismantled the Saturn-dealer installed sensor splices and re-did them. Zero issues since.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Instructions look quite easy but I had bad experienceand realize during installation that it could be much harder.

I can do brakes and oil changes but not good at change an entire engine lol just saying

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Someone told me that
DDM Intakes tend to skew the fuel trims and require extra Trifecta Tuning and an upgrade to the $350 USD Custom Tune.

A K&N Intake does not require extra Tuning

Is that true?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Get either the GMPP tune or the Trifecta, not both or you are wasting money. The Trifecta costs a lot less and gives you a lot more power - your choice.

Some CAI packages do cause issues - I am not aware that the DDM version does, however.

Just to be clear, the part of the DDM power pack that actually adds power is the tune. The other two components clean up the engine bay and make it look nice but won't add any power.

I have the GMPP as my base tune because I did it when the car was still under warranty. I then added a switchable Trifecta and can confirm that the difference between the two is considerable.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really.... the GMPP give and extra 30hp right?

So if I understand properly, having the Trifecta tune that claim and extra 70hp and the GMPP that claim 30hp... If I had both I will not gain 100hp?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Really.... the GMPP give and extra 30hp right?

So if I understand properly, having the Trifecta tune that claim and extra 70hp and the GMPP that claim 30hp... If I had both I will not gain 100hp?
Absolutely not. The GMPP tune made more sense when the cars still had a warranty on them and you could get a boost/no learn down while keeping your warranty. Trifecta is the better choice now IMO. But to answer your question you basically can pick one or the other, they don't add onto each other much/if at all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
?
I'm desappointed now lol

I bought the GMPP at the dealer last week and get it install next week. And that will give 30hp

So now if I want to gain some more hp what are my best $/hp option?

·
Registered
134 Posts
?
I'm desappointed now lol

I bought the GMPP at the dealer last week and get it install next week. And that will give 30hp

So now if I want to gain some more hp what are my best $/hp option?
Assuming you can't return it/start over, I am not sure there is a better $/hp option than just retuning with Trifecta as that would still give you like 40hp more for a few hundred dollars. But that would mean you essentially wasted most/all of what you paid for GMPP. Perhaps someone else could chime in but I don't think you can get that much of an HP boost from any other "upgrade" in that price range. You'd probably have to spring a few thousand for something like down pipe + performance exhaust. But that's a question better suited to others :)

·
Super Moderator
11,270 Posts
Oh well
Thanks for that information I do appreciate.
I guess I will call that learning curve
With the 2.0 turbo engines, a good tune gives you a lot of power and no other single upgrade will give that much of a bump at that price range.

Exhaust is limited. The stock exhaust is actually already pretty good. It's a 2.5" pipe from the cat back to the muffler and there are few bends. Until you're over 400 whp 2.5" is just fine. A high flow cat or a cat-less down pipe will free up some power.

At the end of the day, you need to start by figuring out where you want to be power wise. From there, you can figure out what is the best route to get there. After a tune and down pipe, a turbo swap is going to be your next step to more power and those can be fairly expensive.

Or a motor swap but that's even more expensive than the turbo.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Assuming you can't return it/start over, I am not sure there is a better $/hp option than just retuning with Trifecta as that would still give you like 40hp more for a few hundred dollars. But that would mean you essentially wasted most/all of what you paid for GMPP. Perhaps someone else could chime in but I don't think you can get that much of an HP boost from any other "upgrade" in that price range. You'd probably have to spring a few thousand for something like down pipe + performance exhaust. But that's a question better suited to others :)

What is a “down pipe”?

·
Registered
134 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts