Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
IMHO loaded means a majority of the available options, if not ALL of them. But that's just me and I live in the Motor City..... what do I know???

I placed an order for a Redline last night and the only thing I didn't order was XM radio...... sorry, I just can't bring myself to pay for what is supposed to be "commercial free" radio......

Remember when cable TV promised no commercials because you paid money for the subscription...... :banghead:

Sorry about the rant and going off topic...... back to your regularly scheduled discussions......

:D

HoldHard

·
Registered
351 Posts
My salesman described my Sky as "loaded" however IMO it is not loaded.
If I had ordered the car I would have ordered the LSD. Still haven't decided on the spoiler.

·
Super Moderator
6,585 Posts
In the grand old days of Detroit, "loaded" referred to a car having all of the appearance and convenience features. ie: The best sound system, all power options, and the high end interior. Performance features were a separate issue, so LSD, and a spoiler (OK that could be performance or appearance, there is room for debate) would not figure in to the "loaded" description. An auto transmission would have probably been included in "loaded", because a manual in a sedan is generally considered downmarket. In a sportscar, an auto is ....... Nope, won't go there. I have my opinion, as does everyone else, and that is fine with me. Really.

If someone described a Sky as being loaded to me, I would assume all power, and leather interior, maybe chrome wheels, and ask about everything else. No, I'd ask about everything, so I could be sure.

·
Registered
351 Posts
In the grand old days of Detroit, "loaded" referred to a car having all of the appearance and convenience features. ie: The best sound system, all power options, and the high end interior. Performance features were a separate issue, so LSD, and a spoiler (OK that could be performance or appearance, there is room for debate) would not figure in to the "loaded" description. An auto transmission would have probably been included in "loaded", because a manual in a sedan is generally considered downmarket. In a sportscar, an auto is ....... Nope, won't go there. I have my opinion, as does everyone else, and that is fine with me. Really.

If someone described a Sky as being loaded to me, I would assume all power, and leather interior, maybe chrome wheels, and ask about everything else. No, I'd ask about everything, so I could be sure.
Makes since to me.
The confusion may due to the fact that most cars come standard with what would have been high end options in the 60' and 70's. AM FM Stereo, Power windows, power mirrors, and air conditioning to name a few.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts