Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about Saturn.com's Locate Vehicle. Chatted online with their rep today. Asked about Sky VINs displayed on Locate Vehicle feature and when in the process they are posted. "We do not have information on the listings they come from the facilities." Added "They [VINs] don't ever have to be listed online that is up to the location as to what is listed." So it appears that the VINs listed on each dealer's Locate a Vehicle feature @ saturn.com are only those the dealership decides to list! Our dealer listed their 1st 3 Skys - all dealer orders. Jack's will be the 4th order and the 1st ordered for a specific customer. Until today I assumed that eventually his Sky's VIN would show up on the saturn.com website.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I talked to two dealers today that had VIN numbers posted on their websites and both stated that those vehicles are sold. One dealer has an "owned by customer" Sky sitting on the showroom floor AND the vin # of that vehicle posted on their website as available.

Who knows!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I had figured this was the case for some time now. It just seemed odd to me, that not ALL of the SKYs within my dealership's network (6 dealerships/1 owner) were showing up on the vehicle locator, even though I know for a fact that the cars were sitting on the showroom floors. Awhile back, somebody posted here that the VIN's would show up on the vehicle locator as soon as they were rolling off the assembly...which can't possibly be true. The inventory on those dealer websites are maintained by the dealership...most likely the "internet manager". I'm sure some don't update their sites as frequently as they should...hence the reason many of those SKYs sitting on showroom floors aren't showing up in the online inventory.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
I had figured this was the case for some time now. It just seemed odd to me, that not ALL of the SKYs within my dealership's network (6 dealerships/1 owner) were showing up on the vehicle locator, even though I know for a fact that the cars were sitting on the showroom floors. Awhile back, somebody posted here that the VIN's would show up on the vehicle locator as soon as they were rolling off the assembly...which can't possibly be true. The inventory on those dealer websites are maintained by the dealership...most likely the "internet manager". I'm sure some don't update their sites as frequently as they should...hence the reason many of those SKYs sitting on showroom floors aren't showing up in the online inventory.
Plus the obvious fact that: Why would a Saturn Store post the VIN of a car that is, for all intents and purposes, sold already? :confused: So the only VINs you would see might be the ones unsold.... if those.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Plus the obvious fact that: Why would a Saturn Store post the VIN of a car that is, for all intents and purposes, sold already? :confused: So the only VINs you would see might be the ones unsold.... if those.

Well yeah...you would think that would make sense...however, ALL of the VIN's that have been posted in 'our' dealership network...were all spoken for. So go figure...:confused:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
Well yeah...you would think that would make sense...however, ALL of the VIN's that have been posted in 'our' dealership network...were all spoken for. So go figure...:confused:
I have only seen one and it was sold -- but the deal went south, so it was up for grabs..

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I have only seen one and it was sold -- but the deal went south, so it was up for grabs..
Oh...didn't know about that one. But the 2 Silver and 1 Midnight Blue that came in to my dealer were posted on their website...all 3 were presold. And yet, you hear of cars coming in at other dealerships that are "available" but when I check those dealer's websites, they are nowhere to be found. :confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
SkyHope said:
I'm curious about Saturn.com's Locate Vehicle. Chatted online with their rep today. Asked about Sky VINs displayed on Locate Vehicle feature and when in the process they are posted. "We do not have information on the listings they come from the facilities." Added "They [VINs] don't ever have to be listed online that is up to the location as to what is listed." So it appears that the VINs listed on each dealer's Locate a Vehicle feature @ saturn.com are only those the dealership decides to list! Our dealer listed their 1st 3 Skys - all dealer orders. Jack's will be the 4th order and the 1st ordered for a specific customer. Until today I assumed that eventually his Sky's VIN would show up on the saturn.com website.

Interesting - I chatted about the internet search feature and the VIN's that I was seeing with two local deaalers here in Canada close to me and both were surprised that the VIN's were on the web site. In fact one said that the site had more information on the status of an order than he had on his " internal" tracking system.

·
Registered
90 Posts
There is a dealer about 30 minutes from me that is showing that is has two, but only lists the vins - no other info on the cars.

What is the Vin # break down?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts