Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I purchased the locking gas cap and installed it.

However, I noticed that it didn't come with the strap thingy like the stock gas cap does. Now we can't attach it to the fuel lid anymore, which I find a little inconvenient.

Has anyone else installed it and if so, where do you put the cap after you unlock it when filling up your tank?

On the trunk? (where it might roll off and scratch the paint)
On the roof? (where it might roll off and dent/scratch the paint)
In your pocket?? (then your pants will smell like gas later...LOL)

Design flaw or is it just me being picky about things? :lol:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
marklynn70 said:
On the gas pump where you will eventually forget it. :eek:
Not to worry. The service engine soon light will come on to remind you that you left your gas cap on the gas pump 30 miles back.:willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
GaryH said:
Not to worry. The service engine soon light will come on to remind you that you left your gas cap on the gas pump 30 miles back.:willy:
I can't resist Hehehehehehehehehehe Yes Murphy's law says it either rolls under the SKY or is left on top of the pump and you are long gone to notice.......Skip...been there done that......:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
GaryH said:
That is only after you have called OnStar to figure out what is wrong and they tell you to tighten the gas cap you realize you didn't put back in. :jester:

·
Registered
18,273 Posts
SUNNY_SKY said:
Today I purchased the locking gas cap and installed it.

However, I noticed that it didn't come with the strap thingy like the stock gas cap does. Now we can't attach it to the fuel lid anymore, which I find a little inconvenient.

Has anyone else installed it and if so, where do you put the cap after you unlock it when filling up your tank?

On the trunk? (where it might roll off and scratch the paint)
On the roof? (where it might roll off and dent/scratch the paint)
In your pocket?? (then your pants will smell like gas later...LOL)

Design flaw or is it just me being picky about things? :lol:
You are just being picky..if there was an attachment to the cap, u wouldn't be able to open it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
marklynn70 said:
That is only after you have called OnStar to figure out what is wrong and they tell you to tighten the gas cap you realize you didn't put back in.
You mean... you can't tell OnStar to come by and hand you a new locking gas cap so you can continue merrily on your way?

Well then, what the Hell good are they?

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Lost it

My wife lost her gas cap on a Fiero - I bought a new one and the next day I saw one in the middle of the road that was probably hers but far too busy an intersection to stop inthe middle of it to retrieve a probably already damaged gas cap.

My Civic has a little metal bracket inside the door that holds the cap while filling.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
jdigiant said:
You mean... you can't tell OnStar to come by and hand you a new locking gas cap so you can continue merrily on your way?

Well then, what the Hell good are they?
Nope they will just sent out a flat bed wrecker to come pick your SKY up and take you to the dealer to get a replacement.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
marklynn70 said:
Nope they will just sent out a flat bed wrecker to come pick your SKY up and take you to the dealer to get a replacement.
HAHA What a deal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Saw somthing interesting today. Is it available or maybe it will be soon, I would like to have the Chrome gas lid instead of the matching outside fuel door, It would also be nice to have a fuel door that releases from the inside. But Hey I am sure we can trade ours in, in a few years and get the upgrades, for now, I just want my ride so I can have all the fun stories to tell and experience just like all of you have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts