Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a Locking Gas Cap...(but not the Saturn A/M one).. any other A/M gas cap that locks and may have a lanyard attached. Anyone know of any?

Need names & #s please. :thumbs:

Thanks

PS Thought I saw a post a while back but couldn't find it... so excuse me if this is an old querry.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm looking for a Locking Gas Cap...(but not the Saturn A/M one).. any other A/M gas cap that locks and may have a lanyard attached. Anyone know of any?

Need names & #s please. :thumbs:

Thanks

PS Thought I saw a post a while back but couldn't find it... so excuse me if this is an old querry.
Good question. I'd like to know. BTW Rahn love your choice of color and interior. I have seen the graphite but not with the red trim inside. Is it awesome? Gotta know!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good question. I'd like to know. BTW Rahn love your choice of color and interior. I have seen the graphite but not with the red trim inside. Is it awesome? Gotta know!

Yes! :yesnod:

I'd post a pic but haven't quite figured out how. :confused:

I also need a better pic of the interior & smaller pics. My pics are over 3 Megs. :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes! :yesnod:

I'd post a pic but haven't quite figured out how. :confused:

I also need a better pic of the interior & smaller pics. My pics are over 3 Megs. :D
Go into "Microsoft Office Tools" and click on "Microsoft Photo Editor", click upper left to open folders, find your picture, resize it to 2500 pixels or less, it'll work for you.

Larry

·
Super Moderator
6,566 Posts
I am just curious, but what do you not like about the Saturn locking cap ?

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Locking Cap

He doesn't like the same thing as me....no plastic lanyard to hold it when fueling. I'm still looking for one....:rolleyes: maybe I will make something and pass it on....invention, gotta love it:thumbs:

·
Registered
149 Posts
If the reason you want the lanyard is because you are worried you will drive off without your cap, do what I do, I leave the keys in the cap when I remove it, can't drive off without the keys and the keys are in the cap.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Nothing other than cost, but it appears that no one else out there has purchased an aftermarket cap so I guess I will just pay the extra $20 & be happy

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nothing other than cost, but it appears that no one else out there has purchased an aftermarket cap so I guess I will just pay the extra $20 & be happy
You really do not need it. Saturn has a bladder in the fill area so you cannot siphon out the gas. Make sure you turn your cap at least 3 times to keep the engine light from coming on.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was worried about someone putting something in the tank.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Has anyone found a gas cap w/tether yet? After class this evening I decided I'd much rather not chance someone trying something "funny" with my gas tank while I'm at school.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
I have the Saturn one at it works fine, not sure if there is a aftermarket one....I don't trust anybody around here myself...End of Line

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Yeah I've been googling for one that keeps the tether, but haven't found anything other than the Saturn one. Don't really feel like waiting to long to get one, so I guess I'm getting the Saturn one.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Opels come standard with a locking gas cap, but there isn't a lanyard on it.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Well I ordered the Saturn one. Guess I'll just have to rig some sort of lanyard up.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Duck tape be workin rite nice for that job...Skip....:):D:)

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Duck tape be workin rite nice for that job...Skip....:):D:)
C'mon, that's a given. What doesn't duct tape work on? Used to keep a roll in the truck as a "just in case" thing. Shoot, if I start driving the Sky on any type of long distance run a roll will be found in it's trunk as well. :cheers:

I was thinking more along the lines of drilling a hole in the cap handle and rigging something up with one of those steel ball type chains.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
C'mon, that's a given. What doesn't duct tape work on? Used to keep a roll in the truck as a "just in case" thing. Shoot, if I start driving the Sky on any type of long distance run a roll will be found in it's trunk as well. :cheers:

I was thinking more along the lines of drilling a hole in the cap handle and rigging something up with one of those steel ball type chains.
Your a person after my own heart...sniff sniff...Skip....:):D:)

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
It's called make your own little bracket to fit on the car. You can use rope or plastic or the original piece.

I don't use anything because mine will hang from the handle on the gas door.

What you want is a quality locking mechanism. If you get a crappy one they break after 6 months of use.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Did you read the entire thread? I've already ordered the Saturn locking gas cap, and have a plan for a tether, if needed. :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts