Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and Gals,

Okay I know A LOT of you are still waiting or your cars, but who has been waiting longer? I just wanted to start a thread that listed when Saturn submitted your image, when the vehicle was produced, last 6 of VIN and when it was released to carrier?

For me it would be:
Imaged 1/11/06
Produced 2/27/06
VIN: 100324
Released to Carrier 3/16/06 (as of today 25 days-17 business-since RTC)

For those who have already received your SKYs you can just go back to dreaming about the second you get off work and take your baby for a spin :banghead:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I feel for you, especially with the weather report here in the area this week. My Vin is 627 and it hit the dealer on 3/15. I have no idea where yours is. I also believe mine was built on 3/9, so it arrived very quickly. In fact, the dealer was surprised..it was two weeks early.

Hang in there:willy:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
ordered...... image 3/15/06.....30 3/22/06.....136 3/23/06....should go to 33 today.....Seal9:cheers:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Looks like there are quite a few cars being held for re-do's. We had the same situation with our Solstice cars; some waited 3 months after the car was built before delivery was made. My dealer had their car build a week before mine, and they are stilling waiting for it. As we all know these cars are not your typical assembly line, mass built cars. They do require a lot of human contact to make it out the door.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You have a point, since some Skys (including mine) had an alignment problem and the rear wheels rubbed the wheel well, they may be realigning all of the cars before they are shipped. Better be safe than sorry :D

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Ordered: March 10th, 2005
Imaged: August 28th, 2005
Built: Septh 18th, 2005
Arrived: Oct 18th, 2005

AND mine was one of the quicker ones since mine made it through before the dreaded water/roof seal incedent.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Black car...Red/Black interior..Chrome wheels...Manual trans

Ordered..Imaged... 01/09/06

Recieved vin 1202...03/29/06

Dealer invoiced 4/10/06

No car.....Really a Bad experiance

·
Registered
277 Posts
For those of you who don't have your car yet, did the dealer choose to order the first 1 or 2 images for demos? Not sure if this is a factory issue or a dealer issue.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I recieved my dealers first image...the second came in 2 weeks ago...I believe the third will be in before mine as well....Very Poor management by Saturn, I do not blame the Dealership..they have been great..........G.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Buddy --

We were ready to pull our hair out weeks ago when we hadn't gotten our Skys yet. I'm beyond amazed you have made it now over 10 days longer than I did.

But our VINs were within 2, our dealerships are within the same area code, you'd think there would be no difference in the delivery time.

Maybe see if your dealer can make sure its not waiting at one of the distribution depots for a truck... I think thats what my dealer suspected the hold up was. (Of course, it was only a guess)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
pphjj5 said:
I recieved my dealers first image...the second came in 2 weeks ago...I believe the third will be in before mine as well....Very Poor management by Saturn, I do not blame the Dealership..they have been great..........G.
Maybe we'll get ours together...:D
I know you have to be :banghead: :mad: :brentil:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I cant help but believe that yours is possibly siting ina rail hub awaiting enough other Saturns to fill the cars to head to your area. I think mine sat in the wating for a build up before hedaing from Kansas City (a known Saturn mainhub) to Texas. My reasoning is that for several weeks my dealer recieved none of his ordered Saturns, all models, then the week mine came to dealer, 2-3 transports arrived everyday, full of Saturns, and of course the last delivery that week was my SKY, came in on a transport all by itself. Could be the answer but my theory only.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmm I certainly hope so and I see where several have gotten their SKY's around my VIN (324 for me) and that leads me to believe that the ones around mine were fine why should mine not be okay too? The dealer ordered mine off their demo car image (so they said and that was back in January). In the meantime they used #2 to order their own demo car and then another for a lady that works at the dealership and those 2 have come in since (white VIN 215 and blue VIN 882). I am seriously about at the end with this, all I want to know is where it is I'm not asking to have it today! There si no reason why this car cannot be tracked down.

This past Friday night I had a few too many drinks so I called Saturn 800 told the Roadside assistance that I lost my SKY and asked him if he I could have him call Onstar to locate it :D My friends were laughing and it was childish but I was plum pissed off and serious!

I as well DO NOT blame my dealership but with me being first in line I should have been first to take mine home. I think GM should eat the Destination Charge for putting me through this waiting game!! :banghead:

·
Registered
410 Posts
You stated it was released to carrier on the 16th of March. My new car manager told me that the carrier has 4 days to pick it up. This would drive me crazy:banghead: When I went to the factory 2 weeks ago, I think I have a photo of the carriers. Will post soon. I do remember that their were 4 loaded rigs with 8 cars each. The rigs were a company from Atlanta Ga. by the name of Allied Delivery Systems. Could not get to close due to the fence, but got a pretty good look.:cool:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
IslandHopper I got a pic of the carrier lastweek!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/tiger20005/DVC00006.jpg

I know it sounds like I bitch a lot everyone but it is a pain in the ass when I told my dealer in the first place I wasn't concerned in being #1 and they said oh but you are and you will and the promise gets broken and I am sitting back watching someone else get their cars first at my dealership. I trust my dealership BUT I don't think they are doing what they can to locate this car and let me know what is going on. There has got to be a person that knows a person that knows a person they could talk to. What got my gut tight in a knot was when I visited them the other daya nd they said they ordered mine again from a new image they received just in the event this car doesn't show up. Inside I felt well boy isn't that a kick to the nutz but like I said I do believe my dealership because they are good people and 2 of my good friends work there as well and if I was getting screwed they would tell me. I am going to give it until Wed/Thur afternoon then I am going to have to go into the dealership and have a word or two because I have been MORE than patient (as I never call them I wait for them to call). I want an answer if they don't have it by midweek and if I don't get it I will have to go elsewhere to find it! I REALLY want this car BAD and like I said I know I am not the onyl one waiting but damn there have been so many broken prmises thus far! You can bet if that car comes in soon I will be the happiest mofo this side of the states :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Ordered 7 Jan
Imaged 2 Mar
040 24 Mar
VIN 998
042 27 Mar
Impatiently waiting, currently!:willy: :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts