Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at posts from RadRiv. He was by the plant on business and took pictures.

When he first went by plant he said he saw two GXP's and one Redline Sky on the lot. When he got back with camera he took picture of one GXP(others were gone).

The GXP had protective pads and plastic wrap just like a production model.

Some say there are ones built off line for test purposes. Why would they go throughthe trouble of protective pads and plastic wrap? Makes you think doesn't?

Sortof like there are no Skys built in late January. When pictures of the plant are posted it the posters stories change to those are all test mules. Then when pictures are posted of hundreds of them in the lot, those are percert cars that will not be available for sale.

Then mine is delivered in march and posters still claim none are available for delivery til at least March.

I say a picture says a thousand words.

A picture of a GXP in protective pads and plastic wrap says plenty.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Eye on Sky said:

When he first went by plant he said he saw two GXP's and one Redline Sky on the lot. When he got back with camera he took picture of one GXP(others were gone).

Some say there are ones built off line for test purposes. Why would they go throughthe trouble of protective pads and plastic wrap? Makes you think doesn't?

Sortof like there are no Skys built in late January. When pictures of the plant are posted it the posters stories change to those are all test mules. Then when pictures are posted of hundreds of them in the lot, those are percert cars that will not be available for sale.

Then mine is delivered in march and posters still claim none are available for delivery til at least March.

oohhh, interesting :cool: sure wish he would have had a camera the day hhe saw the 2 GXP's and the Redline Sky :willy: But I think its pretty interesting stuff, why would they put pads on a mule ??????? Maybe we will start seeing some more RedLine pics in different color schemes ASAP. :D Even if these are for the "special people" it makes us all one step closer to getting a production RedLine!! yeah

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
could they be getting ready to ship it to a hot or cold climate for endurance testing? Say Alaska or Arizona? just wondering....but I do believe that the Solstice GXP will hit the market first... so it may be sooner than we thing...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeap, more than likely they will be shipped to alaska or somewhere cold for testing.
Same thing happened here in Ontario Canada. They shipped a few solstices to Kapuskasking to give them a run. That happened about 2-3 months before they started hitting the roads.
So maybe... you may see your GXP's and Redlines around mid september to mid october. No earlier.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Eye on Sky said:

These are pre-production GXP's. They are for testing and the engineer's and big shot's to drive around. They still have to get shipped, that's why they are protected.

Why do you make up these thing's ???

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why are you such a pessimist?

Deluke

First off I made up nothing I point out the obvious.
The obvious I see now is someone who thinks they are connected but often backtracks when other info is exposed.

I have never once said I had inside info and have never once dismissed anyones opinion from a position that I know it all.

Look in the mirror before you make yourself look more foolish.

I am not here to argue but to give opinion and observation, I would think you as a long time member would follow the rules of decorum.

If everything that you say turns out to be true, i will post a thank you you were, right. I cannot say that you would do the same.
You would somehow try to twist it onehundred and eighty and say i knew that because my inside source told me that a week ago.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Spanking Time

OK CHILDREN...if you don't go back to your room and play nice you're going to get a SPANKING! :lol: :nono:

I don't want to see you two fighting back and forth like two year olds...Someone always wants to get the last word!

If you are both MEN and NOT children this BACK and FORTH CRAP will end with my post.

ANYWAY...back on Subject....my friend is a higher up at a FL dealership...he's already test drove a REDLINE...higher ups are getting these things to test drive here and there....they are being shipped here and there as well....THEY ARE FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY....

END of STORY.

:cool:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
Deluke

First off I made up nothing I point out the obvious.
The obvious I see now is someone who thinks they are connected but often backtracks when other info is exposed.

I have never once said I had inside info and have never once dismissed anyones opinion from a position that I know it all.

Look in the mirror before you make yourself look more foolish.

I am not here to argue but to give opinion and observation, I would think you as a long time member would follow the rules of decorum.

If everything that you say turns out to be true, i will post a thank you you were, right. I cannot say that you would do the same.
You would somehow try to twist it onehundred and eighty and say i knew that because my inside source told me that a week ago.
I don't back track anything, I've been telling you most of this info for a couple of week's but you and other's of other's don't listen. I can't tell you how many time people have said they are going to have their Red Line in July or August.

I told you a week ago that they were making 3 mor pre-production GXP"S and 3 Red Line's this past week. Go back and read my post !!!!!!

When I mentioned about making thing's up, I was talking about you saying that these car's are production car's. they are NOT !!!!!

I don't twist anything around, I have all the info I need and I just about gave up telling most of you guy's because you don't listen. I just PM some people with more important info instead of posting it. You hate to think that I have more info then you, well it's true, like it or not. And I'm a girl, that must even tick you off more.

Go back and read my past post. Alot of this info was given to you 2 week's ago . But you and other's don't want to believe.:D :D .

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
REDSKY said:
OK CHILDREN...if you don't go back to your room and play nice you're going to get a SPANKING! :lol: :nono:

I don't want to see you two fighting back and forth like two year olds...Someone always wants to get the last word!

If you are both MEN and NOT children this BACK and FORTH CRAP will end with my post.

ANYWAY...back on Subject....my friend is a higher up at a FL dealership...he's already test drove a REDLINE...higher ups are getting these things to test drive here and there....they are being shipped here and there as well....THEY ARE FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY....

END of STORY.

Now this is where I'll stop. Sorry, but it's a woman thing, had to speek my mind first.:) :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Listen to Deluke, she is the path to the Jedi.

Internet heresay is the path to the dark side. The rumors can sense your fear.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Eye on Sky said:

Some say there are ones built off line for test purposes. Why would they go throughthe trouble of protective pads and plastic wrap? Makes you think doesn't
It is also possible that it is still just a production test run. Even the portion of the factory process that involves adding pads and plastic wrap needs to be tested out, I would think.

You wouldn't want a lack of practice-makes-perfect to result in your Sky accidentally shipping with no pads.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Deluke is correct... she has been correct about these things for a long time...
afterall, she was the one who would give us updates why our cars were held up at the plant for 2 months back in september-novemberish.

Deluke is god.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
Why would they go throughthe trouble of protective pads and plastic wrap? Makes you think doesn't?
We're all passionate about our cars. GM produces millions of them and to them they're commodities. When cars run down an assembly line there are no "special cars." They are simply codes which translate in to parts which then become a car. Someone on the line has no idea where a car is going after it's built. Cars for testing, executives, the auto show circuit, etc., are built just like all the others. I wouldn't read a lot in to spotting cars at the factory with shipping materials as to somehow meaning production has secretly started. Some of the allocation information posted recently would certainly indicate that anticipated July allocations couldn't possibly be built until mid-August based on the typical timing of the GM build cycle.

·
Registered
162 Posts
deluke said:
REDSKY said:

END of STORY.

Now this is where I'll stop. Sorry, but it's a woman thing, had to speek my mind first.:) :)
Whats the matter deluke? redsky asked that the comments stop at his post. But you had to get the last word in, that was just wrong. You couldnt keep your fingers off the keyboard could you. Next time, just be quiet, and let it go.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
BarryH said:
We're all passionate about our cars. GM produces millions of them and to them they're commodities. When cars run down an assembly line there are no "special cars." They are simply codes which translate in to parts which then become a car. Someone on the line has no idea where a car is going after it's built. Cars for testing, executives, the auto show circuit, etc., are built just like all the others. I wouldn't read a lot in to spotting cars at the factory with shipping materials as to somehow meaning production has secretly started. Some of the allocation information posted recently would certainly indicate that anticipated July allocations couldn't possibly be built until mid-August based on the typical timing of the GM build cycle.
The people on the line in Willmington know if the car's are production or pre-production ! Don't forget word does get around in a small factory's. Also your talking about a plant that make's only 35,000 car's ,not 100,000 or more.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
drbob said:
deluke said:
Whats the matter deluke? redsky asked that the comments stop at his post. But you had to get the last word in, that was just wrong. You couldnt keep your fingers off the keyboard could you. Next time, just be quiet, and let it go.
They stopped after my post. And yes, I had to get the last word, I said that in my reply to redsky. I don't think it was wrong, and next time I still won't be quiet. You know why ?? Because you said so.:) Who are you ?

Now if you suggest, that's different, I might listen. But nobody tell's me what to do, not even my husband. Because then I will do the opposite. Been this way all my life and I'm 52 and I'm not going to change now. That's how I got to be a supervisor in the construction field, I don't take BS from no one expecially when I'm right.

Now this is the end of this discussion with you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
No it's not! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts