Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you guys wondering about low vin #'s, my neighbor brought home a "captured fleet car" vin # 011 ! It is red with black top/interior. He brought it home from the GM center in Detroit.

I found out,

Someone closed the hood with the doors half open (neigbor did not know why the car had chips on the sides of the door).

The vents on the hood were slightly elevated (like they were coming up from the front to the back)

Someone ate Mcdonalds in the car!! (fries all over behind the seats)

That's all I could find wrong with it! This combo is awesome! I was stuck between red and silver pearl...I hope mine looks this good!

·
Registered
18,281 Posts
Cloning

You and I have the same car on order...have u seen the silver pearl in person...and if u have...how does it look...

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
57 Posts
what's the deal with not being able to close hood with the doors open? Is this something that can be corrected? It's going to happen to every car, eventually. Some idiot checking the oil, changing the battery.... Sounds like this is happening with the people that built the car? :willy: I'll have to place a big decal on the hood "DO NOT CLOSE WITH DOORS OPEN" ???

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
marlboromike said:
You and I have the same car on order...have u seen the silver pearl in person...and if u have...how does it look...

MarlboroMike
Not only have I seen it...I took pictures of it in the photo gallery (woodward cruise) I really was stuck between the red and the silver pearl...and I truely believe any color looks great on this car, but I went for the silver pearl. Granted their are a lot of silver cars...but here was my problem. 40 years old (mid life crisis) and Italian, me in a red car would have been so "typical"!

Now put that same person in a silver car, now it comes across more "American, Classy"...(ha,ha, so I hope)

No, the car looks kick ass in silver pearl and it wont look as dirty here in Michigan where the roads suck and the weather is even worse!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
Hey all you guys wondering about low vin #'s, my neighbor brought home a "captured fleet car" vin # 011 ! It is red with black top/interior. He brought it home from the GM center in Detroit.

I found out,

Someone closed the hood with the doors half open (neigbor did not know why the car had chips on the sides of the door).

The vents on the hood were slightly elevated (like they were coming up from the front to the back)

Someone ate Mcdonalds in the car!! (fries all over behind the seats)

That's all I could find wrong with it! This combo is awesome! I was stuck between red and silver pearl...I hope mine looks this good!
i hate to rain on your parade, but you need to check the entire VIN number, the pre production cars had a different sequence number that looked like a regular production car and it even ended in low numbers, this was noticed on the Solstices that were being driven around, I can't remember exactly the difference in the numbers but they were different... if they still have it compare the entire vin with a normal production car vin...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SkyMan 07 said:
i hate to rain on your parade, but you need to check the entire VIN number, the pre production cars had a different sequence number that looked like a regular production car and it even ended in low numbers, this was noticed on the Solstices that were being driven around, I can't remember exactly the difference in the numbers but they were different... if they still have it compare the entire vin with a normal production car vin...
Will do....It looked the same as mine...but I will check! Be right back, he lives 4 houses down!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
what's the deal with not being able to close hood with the doors open? Is this something that can be corrected? It's going to happen to every car, eventually. Some idiot checking the oil, changing the battery.... Sounds like this is happening with the people that built the car? :willy: I'll have to place a big decal on the hood "DO NOT CLOSE WITH DOORS OPEN" ???
pssst The simple answer to that is never let an idiot work on your car:nono: ....either take it to Saturn, do it yourself or ask before anyone touches it if they know the special procedures envolved...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What an idiot I am...I thought he would be home!! He's out cruisin..I will catch him when he gets back!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
You can open/close the hood with the doors open -- just not open to the first latch -- either all the way open or all the way closed.
Did hear there was a fix for this... but I don't know for sure

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
marlboromike said:

MarlboroMike
I've seen the Silver Pearl...just this weekend a dealer had one with red/black leather, chrome wheels, 5-spd. It's absolutely breathtaking to see this car in person!! Words can simply not describe how beautiful this car really is. However I ordered mine with the black leather, painted alloys, and auto...but I think any combination of this car looks good to me. :thumbs:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Isn't this the vin 011, someone said it wasn't but it sure looks like it to me. Very similar to my vin?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lets try that again...Isn't this vin 011

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
Looks like 100011 to me. Remember the last SIX digits are the serial #.

Unless the 1st # has to be a 1.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
MORE IMPORTANTLY.... who ate friggen McDonalds in the car AND let fries get caught in the back seat?!?!?!? I seriously hope this person is on the forum, kicking his/herself!?!?! McDonalds.... for goodness sake, didn't you see SUPER SIZE ME????? That stuff is poison!!!

NO EATING IN MY CAR.... NO DRINKING OR SMOKING EITHER (unless it's organic anyway....)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
Isn't this the vin 011, someone said it wasn't but it sure looks like it to me. Very similar to my vin?
I think What I said was when the solstices were being run around by the engineers and others that worked for Gm they were pre production models and not production models, I can't remember what their VIN's started with but i am sure it was not a 1 like ours are on production models, sounds like that may truly be number 11, maybe Saturn actully took the first hundred or so as test cars...
When I know I am wrong I will admit it, and I was wrong....

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SkyMan 07 said:
I think What I said was when the solstices were being run around by the engineers and others that worked for Gm they were pre production models and not production models, I can't remember what their VIN's started with but i am sure it was not a 1 like ours are on production models, sounds like that may truly be number 11, maybe Saturn actully took the first hundred or so as test cars...
When I know I am wrong I will admit it, and I was wrong....
No right or wrong...Just was really curious if this was #11...Thanks !

·
Registered
623 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
MORE IMPORTANTLY.... who ate friggen McDonalds in the car AND let fries get caught in the back seat?!?!?!? I seriously hope this person is on the forum, kicking his/herself!?!?! McDonalds.... for goodness sake, didn't you see SUPER SIZE ME????? That stuff is poison!!!

NO EATING IN MY CAR.... NO DRINKING OR SMOKING EITHER (unless it's organic anyway....)
Spurlock is a whimp he couldn't hold down a Double Quarter Pounder Super Sized meal. I saw that movie, maybe if he wasn't a vegan prior to his McD's binge I'd have believed it more. I bet his body was craving the fat (from lack of it) and thus stored WAY to much.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
what movie

DuSpinnst said:
Spurlock is a whimp he couldn't hold down a Double Quarter Pounder Super Sized meal. I saw that movie, maybe if he wasn't a vegan prior to his McD's binge I'd have believed it more. I bet his body was craving the fat (from lack of it) and thus stored WAY to much.
I haven't seen the movie - but have heard about it - and I agree that it was a bit extreme - kinda like taking someone who drinks alcohol only very rarely and having them try to keep up with someone twice his size that drinks a lot. an amount of alcohol that woudl merely intoxitcate one person could kill another. Which is not to say that alcohol is or fast food in necessarily good or bad. But isn't the saying, everything in moderation.

the real queston is who let the slob in the car.

And regarding "so long as it is organic" - ins't tobacco made from a plant? and what about cyanide, that's organic, right?

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
skywatcher said:
If I read this correctly, I think Bob said it was fixed.

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=38099&postcount=15

When I looked at the dealer demo car yesterday the salesman said their service folks told them to also have the doors opened when you opened the hood, as well as making sure the doors were closed when you closed the hood. There are some very tight tolerances here.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts