Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In best William Shatner voice... "must hold on... must wait for Sky..."

My buddy owns a dealership and has a 2004 CTSV with 20,000 miles on it for less then $30k. I love CTSVs, 400 horsepower big brakes, great suspension, sport luxury at it's best, etc...

My wife is throwing a fit because she thinks it's an old man's car, she doesn't understand that a Caddy with a ZO6 motor is NOT an old man's car.

Yeah yeah the Sky is gorgeous and all but a family cruiser that can hit a 4.9 0-60 and high 12s in the 1/4 miles is gorgeous in another way. Yes it does have 20,000 miles but it also has a 50,000 mile factory warrantee.

It does have a sunroof.

Sky Pros-
"Dead Sexy"-Fat Bastard
Good Mileage 30 MPG on the highway
Good resale value,
Pretty Fast
Won't hold any kids
Cheap to maintain
Sky Cons-
Will be coming in Dec-Feb which is a freaking long time to wait
Possible problems with rear diff, water leaks, body panels, etc..
Won't hold kids
Not necessarily good winter driver 9no heated seats mirrors)
Girl Car Stigma

CTSV-Pros
LS6 400 horsepower
6-speed
Brembo Brakes
okay mileage @ 25 MPG
can buy cheap (new ones are $54k)
Holds four people and has a big trunk
Corvette fast
Very nice interior- one of the coolest interiors with heated seats/sunroof power everything, DVD Naviagtion
Excellent Qaulity
Pretty Good looking
Would sound totally wicked with a pair of headers and a magnaflow cat back

CTSV Cons-
Old Man Car
Used
Expensive tires/brakes
Boring Silver

What do you Guys say, yea or nay?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Whatever makes momma happy. You know that and we know that so look at her eyes and ask politly "What do you want little darlin?" And then do it....Skip...learned a long time ago when I was married to do what she wants....thats a good reason why I tant married today....:lol: :lol: :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Awesome car!!! you would absolutely love it. I currently drive a '04 CTS V6 sport (wish it was the Vette motor...) great car though. so great I am keeping it when I get my Redline. Another con is they are redesigning the CTS for 2008. Not a biggie but the current body style is on the way out.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did think of that and the new CTS does look sweet but still $54K is a little too much for my single income household.

Your right Skip, the woman is right. She just told me, "If you don't buy the Sky, I'm going to buy it for myself... with your money!" Shoulda listened to Mama, "that girl's the devil!"

CTS arw great cars and the CTSV is such a fun car but the Sky redline is just as good. 400 horses/practicallity vs. Sexy Bodied Roadster... :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
77 Posts
CTSV!!!!!!!!!! I would trade my truck in on that in a heart beat! That is deffinently not an old mans car. Prtety much nothing but young professionals buy that car. I have driven two different ctsv and both times it was very hard to hand the keys back over without crying. If you don't buy it give me the guys number and i am serious about trading in my 2006 Sierra SLT Z71 on it.

·
Registered
727 Posts
CTS-V's are awesome! My eyes have been wandering lately too! Drove a GTO earlier in the week. It is not easy to get those 400 horses out of my head!

:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Actually since that is a cadillac dealer that has it, it should be a certified pre-owned which in that case would mean it has a 100,000 mile warranty. 24,839 miles for 33.5k is pretty good. If he is willing to give it to you for what they have in it (sub 30k) then that would be a steal.

Oh and they have it listed as an 05.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Sorry, but I agree with your wife, it looks like a old mans car to me also.

And it's not an eye catcher like the Sky.

·
Registered
574 Posts
There is some talk of a very limited product due out..

...soon called the BradyBlinder it is a set of goggles that only allow forward vision and allow the viewer to view one car at a time per day! :D

But seriously the caddie is a sweet ride! But the Sky Aint too bad either!

Hope you you find the right car for your family....It's not easy being a car nut!

ps there are 12 step groups out there for us....(hi I'm Chris and I love cars too much.....) :cool:

·
Registered
420 Posts
bradyb said:
Sky Cons-
Will be coming in Dec-Feb which is a freaking long time to wait
Possible problems with rear diff, water leaks, body panels, etc..
Won't hold kids
Not necessarily good winter driver 9no heated seats mirrors)
Girl Car Stigma

CTSV Cons-
Old Man Car
Used
Expensive tires/brakes
Boring Silver
QUOTE]

I don't agree with you on the "girl car stigma" for the Sky. :nono:
What made you come to that conclusion?
There have been many threads about this topic which has caused heated debate on this issue.
If you have heard others' opinions on this car, it is that the Sky turns everyones heads from old-timers, middle-agers, muscle car lovers, the import tuners crowd, teenagers, both male and female. The Sky appeals to everyone. Do not be afraid/ashamed of that fact and let it influence your decision.

As for the CTSV, it is also not an "old man car" due to it's slightly more agressive styling and performance over the stock CTS. I have seen females driving lots of CTS' so does that make it a "girl car"? Not really...based on from what I've said above. Cadillacs in general have that "old person" stigma IMHO.
Now if you got a 2002 Eldorado...:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts