Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I just saw the saturn sky and it looks awesome. I was wondering how long it would take to get one now. I plan on going to the local saturn dealership next week. But is the sky something i'm going to have to wait for? Atm I'm lookn at the sky and the miata mx-5. I love the look of the sky but after reading posts im worried i'll have to wait forever. I was hoping get it atlest before college starts up again in august but was hoping for like a week at most. I was also curious as to how good of gas mileage everyone was getting. I saw epa was 20 some but I read a review where they only got 16!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sw0l3n4t0r said:
Hey all I just saw the saturn sky and it looks awesome. I was wondering how long it would take to get one now. I plan on going to the local saturn dealership next week. But is the sky something i'm going to have to wait for? Atm I'm lookn at the sky and the miata mx-5. I love the look of the sky but after reading posts im worried i'll have to wait forever. I was hoping get it atlest before college starts up again in august but was hoping for like a week at most. I was also curious as to how good of gas mileage everyone was getting. I saw epa was 20 some but I read a review where they only got 16!!
When I last spoke to my dealer, their waiting time was 5 to 6 months on orders taken in the month of June. They also said they may stop taking orders the end of next month.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sw0l3n4t0r said:
I get 27 on the highway at 70 with my automatic Sky, with cruise on and A/C on. In town I get 20 when babying it (which is almost never) and 18 - 19 driving it like a true roadster. There is a wait for the Sky. Some dealers might have a few for sale. I walked in and bought mine in May off the showroom floor, no ordering! - had to show them I was serious and had the $$ right then.

If you just have to have a roadster before college this fall, you might want to check out the Pontiac Solstice over the Miata. I'd hold out for the Sky, though as it is IMHO the best looking car on the market right now.

Let us know your decision and welcome....

Jim

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn 5-6 months lol hopefully can find one on a lot somewhere to be shipped here. in pa btw... i looked at the solstice how i found out about the sky and personally i h8 the front on the solstice. miata looks kinda small to me. i usually drive around 50-60mph. mostly farm land around here. i saw one solstice around here zero skys 1 miata. I also saw something about a sky hardtop? I really wanna get the manual but will prob be forced get auto. Atm I have a 2003 toyota corolla s which I plan on trading in on something. Trying find something nice for around 23,000$ i priced out sky was like 24,690 which isn't bad just hope can find one and get good deal on it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Sw0l3n4t0r said:
Trying find something nice for around 23,000$ i priced out sky was like 24,690 which isn't bad just hope can find one and get good deal on it.

Well...the absolute BEST deal you'll get is MSRP, because Saturn doesn't sell below that...they have a 'no haggle' policy. Try and find a dealer that doesn't add thousands of dollars worth of "dealer add-ons"...that's where they get you. Good luck in your hunt for a Sky. :thumbs:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sw0l3n4t0r said:
damn 5-6 months lol hopefully can find one on a lot somewhere to be shipped here. in pa btw... i looked at the solstice how i found out about the sky and personally i h8 the front on the solstice. miata looks kinda small to me. i usually drive around 50-60mph. mostly farm land around here. i saw one solstice around here zero skys 1 miata. I also saw something about a sky hardtop? I really wanna get the manual but will prob be forced get auto. Atm I have a 2003 toyota corolla s which I plan on trading in on something. Trying find something nice for around 23,000$ i priced out sky was like 24,690 which isn't bad just hope can find one and get good deal on it.
Check around with the different dealers. Ask how many people are already on the order list and how many Skys they are allocated each month. Each dealer is a little different. You can do the math from there. We checked in both PA and MD, and there were none to be found on the lots.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Sw0l3n4t0r said:
I was hoping get it atlest before college starts up again in august but was hoping for like a week at most. I was also curious as to how good of gas mileage everyone was getting. I saw epa was 20 some but I read a review where they only got 16!!
For most of us here, excuse the silent laughter.:lol: A WEEK!:lol: Ok you might call every Saturn dealer within driving distance and score one that has been turned down or passed over. However if you plan to order one -- 6 months sounds about right.:thumbs:
I put my name on the list 10 months before delivery. It was 2.5 months from when the order was imaged to my car actually was delivered.
But, if you look hard you may be able to score one...:D

Oh gas milage -- on the highway -- with A/C on -- was averaging 25.7 mpg...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Mine is a 5 speed. I drive it like I stole it! 20 in town, and only 24 on the highway. I averaged 91 MPH coming home from SkyBaby's with the AC running. 22.7

Depends on how you drive.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea by deals i meant monthly payments and such that suite me. and yea a week hehe I didn't realize until i started checking these forums that theres so long a back order. Hopefully I'll get lucky and they will find one on a lot somewhere and ship it here. I know when my uncle bought a saleen mustang they found one in jersey shipped it up and had another in florida so hopefully there wille be one like I want around. I havn't decided on a color yet but I'm lookn at the base model with automatic which might be able find one them sitting around cause doesn't have all the fancy wheels and electronics. I'll be :mad: if I can't find one cause I love the look of the body style. I heard trunk is pathetic but I never use my trunk so don't care and I heard it's lacking a lil power but whatever it looks awesome I prob won't take it above 60mph anyways. Any other cars I should look into for 23,000 or less? I looked at the solstice I like it except the fronts lil too rounded for me. Also the vehicle has to be new. Has anyone encountered any mechanical problems or anything? I've never owned a saturn before and am not too familiar with the brand up until now I never considered one. The one person I talked to said his dad bought a sky and not to get one cause its a fake roadster... I'm assuming he means it doesn't have much power? Does anyone have any links to video or audio clips of the sky? I'm curious to how it sounds. I like the sound of v8 mustangs that deep throtty sound. I doubt sky will have that sound but if you would compare to sound to something what would it be?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Sw0l3n4t0r said:
means it doesn't have much power? Does anyone have any links to video or audio clips of the sky? I'm curious to how it sounds. I like the sound of v8 mustangs that deep throtty sound. I doubt sky will have that sound but if you would compare to sound to something what would it be?
For your own sanity and to help you find more info faster --- use the search feature here -- type in "sound clip" -- or "video"... Even try key words like "Problems"... You'll get scads of great info...

As far as quality -- the only reason I bought a first year run car is because it IS a Saturn.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SkyHi07 said:
Mine is a 5 speed. I drive it like I stole it! 20 in town, and only 24 on the highway. I averaged 91 MPH coming home from SkyBaby's with the AC running. 22.7

Depends on how you drive.
Thats how they say you should drive this car. Some at Willmington told me that about the Solstice.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a question about the antenna... I myself don't listen to the radio often in my car just pop in fav cd.. anyways the antenna looks weird I was wondering if it's able to be pushed down? I saw posts about those stubby ones but I'm curious about the standard

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Sw0l3n4t0r said:
I have a question about the antenna... I myself don't listen to the radio often in my car just pop in fav cd.. anyways the antenna looks weird I was wondering if it's able to be pushed down? I saw posts about those stubby ones but I'm curious about the standard
The standard is non-retractable. It is all the way up, all the time. It's a pain in the butt when loading cargo from the passenger side, too. Toss it and replace it with a stubby - particularly if you hardly ever listen to the radio. A great way to spend ten bucks and get your money's worth.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
does anyone know if the solstice is more easily obtainable? the more i look at it the less the front looks bad i'm thinking could be my backup if can't find a sky

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Sw0l3n4t0r said:
does anyone know if the solstice is more easily obtainable? the more i look at it the less the front looks bad i'm thinking could be my backup if can't find a sky
Well they are making 2x's as many -- I have heard they are a "little" easier to pick up from a dealer -- still requires some legwork -- visiting the dealers and such. You may just grab one!:thumbs:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts