Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
The sensor TPMS in the kappa is a PITA and issues are reported now with some regularity on the forums. It made my choice of an 07 kappa over an 08 model easy. The newer indirect TPMS you now see on many cars is sensorless. Much more appealing.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I've only owned two cars that had tire pressure monitoring systems--the systems were fantastic at notifying me that they had malfunctioned, but their utility in giving me information about tire pressure was dubious at best. I am happy to not have it on the Sky.
Favorite reason to get an '07, no TPMS.
Can change out sets of wheels without dashboard idiot light coming on.
Those unaware of their tire conditions should maybe be driving Honda sedans?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,101 Posts
Robo, you mentioned the twin cup holder in the earlier model Skys that my ‘09 doesn’t have. Is it possible to find those, and would they be interchangeable with my center console? Thanks!
I believe that you can put that unit into the cars that didn't have them but I'm not sure the process to do it.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
But the center console is not involved. It is the waterfall that has the cupholder that is absent from my '09 Solstice. Darn! Would be nice, but haven't looked into getting one. :wink:

·
Registered
3,952 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't think they are available in OEM condition, but possibly thru junk yards. I will have one available towards the winter months. I have a 2007 Sky that I will be parting out/making into a trailer then.
Skersfan, been scouring the local yards, but no luck. None of them even have a Sky. They are pretty rare around here. If it’s in good shape, I’d be interested in yours, when you get around to parting it out. :)

·
Premium Member
5,131 Posts
I can take a picture and send it to you via text or email. Just PM me. I think it is good, but have not really looked at it. I bought the car to make a trailer out of it so no real concerns, but the car seems to be in good condition other than the hood where it was hit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
skersfan

Will you be pulling the dash apart?
I need the plastic that covers the speedo and tach. The plastic over my tach is cracked and drives me crazy.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts