Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hi there. Time to move on from my MINI Cooper and get serious about buying a good low mileage SKY Redline likely with an automatic because my wife will want to drive it too. Preferred colours are silver, forest green, bluestone and possibly charcoal along with the 2 tone interior. And yes, the 'Hydro Blue" and "Ruby Red" are nice. I'm not interested in black, white, yellow or even red as my buddy has a red 2009 Solstice & i dont want to be 'twins' :) I'm not afraid of importing from the USA if the right car comes along at the right price.

·
Super Moderator
5,729 Posts
I'm not sure how I missed this post for 3 days, but welcome to the forum, and good luck in your search.

I think what you are calling charcoal is officially named Carbon Flash.

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
hi there. Time to move on from my MINI Cooper and get serious about buying a good low mileage SKY Redline likely with an automatic because my wife will want to drive it too. Preferred colours are silver, forest green, bluestone and possibly charcoal along with the 2 tone interior. And yes, the 'Hydro Blue" and "Ruby Red" are nice. I'm not interested in black, white, yellow or even red as my buddy has a red 2009 Solstice & i dont want to be 'twins' :) I'm not afraid of importing from the USA if the right car comes along at the right price.
The "Charcoal" is called Carbon Flash and it is only available in the Carbon Flash Limited Edition (LE) model with the silver and black interior. I think it's a 2008 only option.

The Hydro Blue is also a SE only color and I believe 2009 MY only. Less than 90 were made in that color and not all of those were Redlines so they tend to go for a considerable amount more than the other colors. It had black interior with blue stitching I believe.

Ruby Red was also offered in an SE just like the Hydro Blue but it was also a color option for non-SE cars. This makes it a bit easier to find and a bit cheaper as well.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Search for a Sky that appeals to me (read "calls my name") has been difficult to date. I dont really want to have to import one (and deal with the required changes to meet Canadian rules) but if something doesn't show up here in Canada I may have to if i want one. 'Burgundy' rather than the 'Chilli Pepper Red' has been added to my colour list. And a two tone interior....

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
Search for a Sky that appeals to me (read "calls my name") has been difficult to date. I dont really want to have to import one (and deal with the required changes to meet Canadian rules) but if something doesn't show up here in Canada I may have to if i want one. 'Burgundy' rather than the 'Chilli Pepper Red' has been added to my colour list. And a two tone interior....
Ruby Red Metallic is the darker red the Sky was offered in and I don't know of any other reds than that and Chili Pepper Red. Also, I THINK the Ruby Red was offered with the Tan top and tan/charcoal interior. That is going to be hard to find though...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're right, the car i saw is a 2009 Ruby Red Metallic but the dealer has it advertised as 'Burgundy'.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like I've finally found mine. 2008 Redline, silver with black/red interior, 38,000 kms (about 23,500 miles) on it. Made an offer that was accepted and now to finalize the deal and await delivery from out of province. Looking foward to it!

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
Looks like I've finally found mine. 2008 Redline, silver with black/red interior, 38,000 kms (about 23,500 miles) on it. Made an offer that was accepted and now to finalize the deal and await delivery from out of province. Looking foward to it!
Can't wait to see pictures.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts