Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a Sky to buy.
-Must be Ruby Red, Forest Green, Hydro Blue, Bluestone, Evening Blue or a custom paint color
-Must be Automatic
-Must have a Black Soft Top

-Would prefer a Redline
-Would prefer 30k-70k miles
-Would prefer within 500 miles of central Nebraska

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm looking for a Sky to buy.
-Must be Ruby Red, Forest Green, Hydro Blue, Bluestone, Evening Blue or a custom paint color
-Must be Automatic
-Must have a Black Soft Top

-Would prefer a Redline
-Would prefer 30k-70k miles
-Would prefer within 500 miles of central Nebraska
-Budget is around $14k
If you don't find the Sky you are looking for, I have an 08 Sky Redline that meets all your criteria except for color.

08 Sky Redline, 65k automatic, Monsoon stereo, WindRestrictor.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
why an automatic? You can get a lot more turbo fun out of a 5 speed.
There are numerous reasons to prefer an automatic, and I have never seen credible evidence that a manual makes the turbo more fun.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Actually, back in the day, tests showed the auto had a better 1/4 mile time...

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Actually, back in the day, tests showed the auto had a better 1/4 mile time...
True, but that was primarily due to the requirement to make a shift just before hitting 60. For most speed ranges the automatic and manual cars are dead even in acceleration times.

Reactions: Kansas Bill

·
Registered
122 Posts
True, but that was primarily due to the requirement to make a shift just before hitting 60. For most speed ranges the automatic and manual cars are dead even in acceleration times.
That is a good excuse for 0-60 times, but iirc stock redlines ran about 14 seconds at 99 mph in the 1/4, and road tests showed the automatic slightly faster than the manual.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’m trying to imagine how to replicate the experience of shifting into third at the top of the highway entrance ramp, and stomping down on the gas pedal while watching the turbo boost gauge tick up. How do you do that with an automatic?

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
I’m trying to imagine how to replicate the experience of shifting into third at the top of the highway entrance ramp, and stomping down on the gas pedal while watching the turbo boost gauge tick up. How do you do that with an automatic?
You shouldn't be watching the boost gauge while merging onto the highway.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Put it in "L", stomp the gas whenever, and the boost gauge ticks up, but I don't normally watch it when accelerating or merging. Yeah, I was always a stick shift guy,, but sometimes there is a reason for an auto.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Life is more fun with 3 pedals IMO.

There's something about hitting that third pedal, rowing the gears on your own, and feeling like a part of the car rather than just an occupant.

It's the fun factor that gets me. I could care less about a fraction of a second. I want the experience.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I found one I might buy but it’s not close. It’s at least 1000 miles away from me. I’ve contacted the seller and trying to figure out how to get it.
Hope it all works out.…
mine was about 700 miles away, and because it was getting on in the fall brought it home on a trailer. it was still on the original tire, and not knowing the car it seemed like the best way to go.
made for one heck of a long day, but being able to throw eyes on it was worth the trip.
realize not everyone can do that, but if you have any friends with a diesel pickup and up for a road trip, it might be fun

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Life is more fun with 3 pedals IMO.

There's something about hitting that third pedal, rowing the gears on your own, and feeling like a part of the car rather than just an occupant.

It's the fun factor that gets me. I could care less about a fraction of a second. I want the experience.
Some find shifting fun, while others consider it a chore, or may be unable to do it due to a physical disability.

I can see both sides being valid, and am glad that both options are available.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hope it all works out.…
mine was about 700 miles away, and because it was getting on in the fall brought it home on a trailer. it was still on the original tire, and not knowing the car it seemed like the best way to go.
made for one heck of a long day, but being able to throw eyes on it was worth the trip.
realize not everyone can do that, but if you have any friends with a diesel pickup and up for a road trip, it might be fun
I was talking to a guy today that picked up a new C8 from Ohio yesterday and drove it to south Florida. He said he enjoyed every minute of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hope it all works out.…
I decided to back out. Just too far at 16 hours away, looked at several options, but travel cost and time involved was too much.

So back to looking within about 2 States away from Nebraska.

·
Registered
176 Posts
number one thing is you have to be comfortable with the decision to buy. it‘s still a big decision.
hopefully you will find one in your search area that’s right for you. as we’re getting into fall, the price may swing to your side. I got mine out of Wisconsin in the middle of October with around 19k miles. being able to see what the car‘s condition was a great plus, and the only “surprise” that surfaced was the radio had a few sticky buttons which the faceplate trick fixed in no time.
there‘s one out there calling your name…

1 - 20 of 30 Posts