Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Looking for an 2008 Saturn sky redline engine harness but been told that an 09 redline harness should work too.
If you or know someone that might have one, it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi,
Looking for an 2008 Saturn sky redline engine harness but been told that an 09 redline harness should work too.
If you or know someone that might have one, it would be appreciated.
I did a replacement of my wiring harness in Feb.
Couple of lessons:
1) 09 IS NOT THE SAME as the 08
2) Turbo car has to get a harness from another turbo
3) Transmission HAS TO BE THE SAME - Manual has to have a harness from Manual

They are hard to come by but can be found. Check the following:
1) Junkyards - There was a junkyard in PA or GA that had one - They were asking about 350 but you would have to go there to get it out yourself
Try this site for your search: Search Results
2) I went this route - I purchased a salvaged sky - exact same specs as I had - 08, manual, turbo. Was well worth it in the end as I got the harness, a lot of engine parts and then sold the remains for scrap metal - made all my money back. It did take me 12 months to win an auction as the insurance companies will just end auctions even if you win but they don't get the price they want
3) Try: www.eazyautoparts.com they may have what you need.
4) I did get a great quote from : Sintelautoparts.com - they were awesome and reliable. - BUT - they wanted $750

I also highly recommend taking the part # off your original harness and search that way. Should be on the harness itself near the connection to the fuse box ( if I recall correctly ) It's hidden but can be seen once you take the harness off
If you need any assistance taking off or putting on let me know - it takes a lot of time and removing the panel below windshield helps a lot

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info. Might go with buying a salvaged one since I also need other cosmetic things that are hard to find.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have an 08 turbo manual harness that was cut off at the firewall. Fuse box cover is also missing. Do you want a piece to splice in?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an 08 turbo manual harness that was cut off at the firewall. Fuse box cover is also missing. Do you want a piece to splice in?
Sorry for the late reply. Do you have any pictures of them. Does your harness contain the connectors to sensors behind the turbo and the wiring to the ignition coils?

·
Registered
507 Posts
'06 and '07 should work together (NA has to be NA and turbo, turbo as well as manual trans vs. auto) and '08, '09 and '10 should be same (NA has to be NA and turbo, turbo as well as manual trans vs. auto). They changed internals of the ECM from '07 to '08, but did not change harness to my knowledge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts