Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
acdelcotds.com. I paid 4€ for an hour of access--you can see the service manuals for any GM vehicle worldwide, which includes the Opel GT.

It's not like it's my first time using that website for manuals or software, either, no idea why it didn't occur to me to look there earlier.
Excellent information, thank you.

You may already have the RPO codes for a GT, but if you don't:
Capture.PNG
The ones highlighted in yellow are the ones that look to me like they will be important to you.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Update on this after having some time to play with it today. It occurred to me that trying to get the Sky BCM to behave like an Opel BCM using the Tech2 software for the Sky made no sense--I had to use the actual Opel GT Tech2 software. So, I was able to get my hands on a copy of that and try to do a BCM setup...unfortunately, the GT Tech2 software does some type of a VIN check, and when I go to do a BCM setup, I get a "VIN not supported" error message. Certainly this can be overcome, but the amount of effort required remains to be seen--also, even if I am able to get the Tech2 to load the Opel GT software with a Sky VIN, I'm not sure if the image itself will have some kind of further check that causes issues once it's on there. I'll keep tinkering and we'll find out, I suppose.

The second, much smaller issue, is that I don't know if the Sky instrument cluster has an actual indicator for the rear fog lamp, even though the Sky Tech2 software makes references to a rear fog lamp. When I do the diagnostic test to light up the cluster, there's a gap where the rear fog lamp indicator would be. I don't think this is a BCM software limitation either, as this occurs when using the direct instrument panel diagnostics. Not the end of the world, I can just install a separate circuit with a switch for the rear fog light, but it would have been nice to put the Opel OEM rear fog switch in and have a real factory look about it. Interestingly, it does have an air pressure warning lamp, even though the car does not have an OEM TPMS system fitted.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
OK, did a little more looking--nevermind, that's where the security light is, which does work on my cluster, but doesn't show up during the test, for whatever reason. I don't know where the rear fog light indicator would be on a GT, but either way it's not there on the Sky.

edit: Looks like it replaces the low fuel warning lamp on the GT. Now I wonder if I can get the Opel GT software onto the BCM, will the low fuel lamp light up when the rear fog light is triggered.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Is there a warning light in the fuel gauge?

It seems reasonable that the same light position would light.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Is there a warning light in the fuel gauge?

It seems reasonable that the same light position would light.
It doesn't appear so, I don't have a GT cluster, I just found the owner's manual on the web. I think it depends on the signaling between the BCM and the cluster, and if the cluster software is looking for a "illuminate position X" or if it's looking for a "illuminate fog lamp indicator," type of thing. It really could go either way.

The bigger problem is going to be seeing if I can get the Tech2 to program the Sky BCM while using the Opel GT software. I got started and did about an hour's worth of work on that tonight and it's going to take quite a while longer. The Tech2 images look like they're easy to dump and read, but they're native 68332 code and I have no real experience with 68K architecture, or the Tech2 hardware itself, nor do I have an easy way to attach a debugger to it while it's running, so, there will be some learning curve. Again, it will be a test of my attention span and how much the rest of my life gets in the way, or if someone just comes and buys the car as it is.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts