Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm in search of a high flow cat down pipe, new or one in nice used condition for my 09 saturn sky redline. thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Hello, I'm in search of a high flow cat down pipe, new or one in nice used condition for my 09 saturn sky redline. thanks
For new, all our major vendors carry high flow cats. Check out Performance Auto Werks, DDM Works, RPM Motorsports, or Hahn Racecraft. I believe all of them offer a high flow cat.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I have the Solo product and recommend it.

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
I am looking for an OEM Sky Redline catalytic converter.
I have one but it has a second O2 bung in it since I had it on my 2.4 turbo setup. You can put a plug in it if you wanted to (or just use the old narrow band O2 sensor I still have sitting in it as a plug).

·
Super Moderator
5,105 Posts
Unless there is something really special about your car, or you have the same mental deficiency that @Robotech has, you would be better off trading for a RedLine. But you probably already know this.

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
My desire is to add a stock Redline turbo to my 2.4.
Then this is the set up you'll want to have. Let's you install a wide band O2 in order to accurately monitor Air Fuel Ratio. This is critical at WOT since the 2.4 uses an open loop system that ignores the factory Narrow Band O2 sensor when under heavy load conditions. I may have some other parts you are interested in too since I just pulled the K04 turbo (this is the factory turbo that comes on the LNF 2.0 Redlines) off my 2.4 for a bigger unit. I also have some 60# injectors (you need at least 42# on the LE5 for a turbo), the big wheel K04 turbo RPM sells, and an oil return setup that doesn't require you to drill into the block. I don't think I still have all the oil and water lines...I'd have to look.

Unless there is something really special about your car, or you have the same mental deficiency that @Robotech has, you would be better off trading for a RedLine. But you probably already know this.
JohnWR is partially right. All depends on circumstances. The price of a 2.4 plus a turbo kit that lets you hit tuned Redline numbers is going to cost more than a Redline and the Redline tune. However, if you are going to put the kit together part by part over time and get some generous donations (like I did...I got an entire LNF with the turbo and all the intercooler parts for free...) then it can be cheaper. However, modifying a car is an adventure all its own and not for everyone.

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
So you do share Robotech's mental deficiency. In that case, enjoy the adventure!
Hey now, I resemble that remark. LOL

PS, drove the car into work today and have the biggest, dopiest looking grin on my face all day. She drove really well. Still not 100%, but close.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I could use the bigger injectors also. I have almost everything else leftover from my upgrades on the Redlines. Now that I think about it, I could also use the oem Redline intake filter box and hose to the turbo.

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
I could use the bigger injectors also. I have almost everything else leftover from my upgrades on the Redlines. Now that I think about it, I could also use the oem Redline intake filter box and hose to the turbo.
That is one thing I didn't use.

I kept the MAF in the same area that it is in now for the 2.4 and just made it a blow through MAF tune rather than a suck through MAF like the Redline's. that means I didn't use the Redline intake since it has the MAF bung in it and that PVC line with the check valve. The 2.4 doesn't use that setup anyway.

You have to make a new cold side pipe for the 2.4 also because the throttle body is oriented differently on the 2.4 than it is on the 2.0. Of course, you could be using the LNF's intake manifold and throttle body too in which case you would need to extend the MAF wiring and use the Redline intake. For me it was just easier to go with a new cold side pipe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts