Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife's Mustang has fake air scoops on the side (see photo) similar to the Sky's, except the Mustang's face forward and the Sky's to the rear.

Anyway... on the Mustang, Ford installed plastic or rubber inserts that make it look like the scoops might actually be functional.

I'm thinking that a similar solution on the Sky would look good.

Anybody know where I might find some rubber/plastic material that looks similar to the Mustang inserts (and don't say Legos :nono: )

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
That is cool..... let us know if you find what you are looking for.... love the idea...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Here's an idea

Look at the grill of the SKY.
It would be great to have a mesh/screen like that, so it matched.... Now, where to find it:confused:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I think your best (and cheapest) bet may lie in finding a rubber floor mat or welcome mat you can cut up to fit in the spaces.

Here is one I found that looks somewhat like your wife's stang: http://www.allscion.com/Lloyd_car_mats_all_weather.html (a bit expensive since it is custom fit for a Scion)

·
Registered
540 Posts
ask a professional body shop guy. They are great at this sort of thing.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Rubber dip maybe?

http://www.caswellplating.com/aids/plastidip.html

You could tkae a piece of plastic or other material and drill, punch or stamp holes in it, cut it to fit snuggly, then use a liquid rubber material that dries on to the part you fabricate - then the part you make might stay in place with friction alone - but you might want to make some kind of retaining clip to prevent it from falling out.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Why not paint the back of the ducting flat black and leave the louvers body color. This will add depth and it will be hard to tell if it is functional.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Maverick said:
Why not paint the back of the ducting flat black and leave the louvers body color. This will add depth and it will be hard to tell if it is functional.
This is what I was thinking of doing before I got the car. Now that I have the car, the Silver Graphite doesn't look so bad as is, and it doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as I expected.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts