Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Glad I found this forum. Thanks for all the posts...very informational
I am looking for a 2007-2009 Sky Red Line, colors: Any Blue color is my preference (def not red or yellow). Mileage: would like under 40K miles. I am finding out there are a lot of cars out there that are in the hands of dealers who want too much $ for the car. Would like to avoid that. I would like a stock Saturn Sky, no modifications, preferable a one car owner w documentation.
Am I being too picky? :)
If anyone has info or advice for me, I am all ears :) Thanks for listening,
Lisa

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Take a look at the section...“Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted“

It’s under the section titled “Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars”. Good luck and stay tuned.

Ken

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Hi,
I am looking for a 2007-2009 Sky Red Line, colors: Any Blue color is my preference (def not red or yellow). Mileage: would like under 40K miles. I am finding out there are a lot of cars out there that are in the hands of dealers who want too much $ for the car. Would like to avoid that. I would like a stock Saturn Sky, no modifications, preferable a one car owner w documentation.
Lisa
What state are you in? Are you okay with flying out to get it? Are you planning on having it shipped? Do you want manual or automatic?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What state are you in? Are you okay with flying out to get it? Are you planning on having it shipped? Do you want manual or automatic?
Hi, I am outside of DC, I would probably have it shipped if out of the area. I would prefer a manual, but will take either. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum. Take a look at the section...“Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted“

It’s under the section titled “Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars”. Good luck and stay tuned.

Ken
Thanks Ken, I will check it out. I have been checking Autotrader, EBAY, various other sites. Just finding a lot of dealers with cars that are overpriced and have shady histories on the Carfax.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Patience, adaptability, price, availability, and when to pull the trigger on the sale.

Any Blue color. That can be done, but they are rare sort of.
Under 40k that can be done too.
Dealers and profit margin to their bottom line. Tough here you get what you pay for.
Private seller might be the route but again, selection and availability come into question.

I waited a year before I pulled the trigger on mine, and I haven't looked back since.
Did I over pay some at the dealers? Yeah little bit. One owner car. No modifications. 17K miles.

In your price range? Adaptability and flexibility are key here.
Not many models out there, let alone the exact one you are looking for.
Maintenance costs after the sale is also key here, it can be expensive in some cases.

Learn from the forum members here all you can about our gem. Once in a while a member will post their car for sale here. AutoTrader, E-Bay, Cars.Com the many sites that might have your car but they will be out of the area, hence no test drive or visual inspection of the car on your part.

Let's say a White Sky RL auto with 45k with a two owner history shows up, no mods, with excellent history & documentation is just a 20 minute drive from your house, but is $3k over your price range.
Wait for your perfect one, or go for it and own one now?

The Blue one you do want is 1000 miles away, with some history might be one owner, is below your price point & mileage, including shipping cost, but you can't see it or drive it in person before the sale?
Buy or wait?

Luck with your search. Welcome to the forum.
LAC

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you're in the Beautiful Bay Area get this one...

Its very clean and a Redline. It has a clean title and it's only 6,000$. Financing is available ... and I'm guessing you could get it for 150$/month over 3 years.

It has 129K. That's more than the 40K limit you set for yourself. But the low price leaves you with 2K to put into making it like new.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi,
Lisa
I found mine via Facebook marketplace. There is also a Facebook classified group that seems to have a lot of cars that get posted close to your prerequisites. I’m not sure what your budget is, but they seem to vary in price and location. The low miles isn’t too hard to find and a lot of them are still stock or mildly modified like a wind restrictor that can always be removed. There is a very rare low miles Hydro Blue SE Red Line posted in Houston right now btw for $18k.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I believe you're being somewhat unreasonable if you want it in a specific time frame. But I'm the pessimist of the group. I was in the car business, and I can remember a customer that I had that wanted a NEW car in a specific color.... A 2011 Lincoln MKS in Silver. That was the year that FMC had an issue with silver because of Fukishima. All of the metal flake and materials for the silver Lincoln used that year were within 25 miles of Fukishima in a cave...and nobody was allowed to be there. For 6 months this guy begged and pleaded with me to get him a NEW MKS in silver. He even offered Lincoln Motors $7500 to put a special paint on it at the factory and they declined. He wound up buying a Mercedes instead. Even brought it over to show me it was....silver.

So back to your question....again, yes, if you want your car in a certain timeframe. With used cars especially, many times you have to take what you can get to meet a timeline/price/color/certain criteria. And to be as picky as you are being.... 1 owner cars are VERY rare now as these cars are over 12 years old. You might find a 1 owner car in silver or black....or a 1 owner car with 10,000 miles, but it's green...but to find what you are looking for is definitely going to take some time. You have about a 1% chance at finding what you're looking for...if someone else doesn't buy it first.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I found mine, a 2008 Base Silver Automatic two owner with under 17,000 miles on it. It was at a dealer that specializes in “collector” cars and was able to purchase a 4 year/40,000 mile warranty. I was actually looking for a C5 Corvette, and fell in love with a silver Sky.
I guess my point is....... if there is a point, leave yourself open to other possibilities. If I stayed rigid in my quest for a one owner C5, I would have missed out on the experience of owning/driving a Sky....... and missing out on the camaraderie of the fine folks in this forum.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I found mine, a 2008 Base Silver Automatic two owner with under 17,000 miles on it. It was at a dealer that specializes in “collector” cars and was able to purchase a 4 year/40,000 mile warranty. I was actually looking for a C5 Corvette, and fell in love with a silver Sky.
I guess my point is....... if there is a point, leave yourself open to other possibilities. If I stayed rigid in my quest for a one owner C5, I would have missed out on the experience of owning/driving a Sky....... and missing out on the camaraderie of the fine folks in this forum.
A C5 Corvette is a better car than a Sky. Faster. Better plastic.

But the pride-of-ownership of a Sky is better. Many people associate Corvettes with boomers. And Corvettes are common cars.

And I like how the Sky sends a message: I love driving a sports car - but the car is a Saturn - a mid-range brand. I'm not trying to impress anyone except car lovers who love great car design.

Lots of people say. Nice car! What is it?

Camaros are nice cars too. Better than a Sky cause it's bigger. And sooped up camaros are in their own league. No comparison.

But what I don't like about sooped up Camaros is that they are too noisy at less than 40 miles an hour. It send a message like "Hey everyone look at MEEEE".

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are still looking I have a 2007 Redline. Bluestone exterior black interior, manual with 30400 miles, garage kept. I live in Howard County MD.
Asking $11,800

·
Registered
28 Posts
Crack_the_Sky
Good group. Never got the recognition they deserved. Sometimes I miss my Maryland days. Sorry for the hijack...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you are still looking I have a 2007 Redline. Bluestone exterior black interior, manual with 30400 miles, garage kept. I live in Howard County MD.
Asking $11,800
Hello, can you email me some pics? Do you have it on any websites for sale? Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Cracked, can you please advise an email I can go direct to? Thanks, Lisa PS: I am in VA, Fairfax County.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I found mine via Facebook marketplace. There is also a Facebook classified group that seems to have a lot of cars that get posted close to your prerequisites. I’m not sure what your budget is, but they seem to vary in price and location. The low miles isn’t too hard to find and a lot of them are still stock or mildly modified like a wind restrictor that can always be removed. There is a very rare low miles Hydro Blue SE Red Line posted in Houston right now btw for $18k.
Hi,
Lisa
Hi,
Lisa
Try Looking up
2009 Redline for sale
in the new posts...Car is in Jacksonville Florida
jbpatents posted a blue Redline in original condition for sale 14 days ago.
it has almost 58K miles on it...50% more than you said you would like...so it may not work for you....
Good luck finding your Sky!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Try Looking up
2009 Redline for sale
in the new posts...Car is in Jacksonville Florida
jbpatents posted a blue Redline in original condition for sale 14 days ago.
it has almost 58K miles on it...50% more than you said you would like...so it may not work for you....
Good luck finding your Sky!
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
14 Posts
def not ... yellow
:(
I just got my base model a couple of months ago. I love the yellow which is why I noticed the Sky in the first place and why I bought it on a whim. Now having read on the forum about the Redline (didn't know it existed, such a rookie move) I would love to move up. Don't settle for a base if you want performance. If you change your mind about yellow PM me. I am keeping my eye open for the right Redline.

·
Registered
515 Posts
If you.have the proper tools available, you can change the high pressure fuel pump in about 10 minutes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts