Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Welcome to the forum rubyredsky09. We have very similar roadsters.

I am guessing sahein is correct, it is the fender you seek. Good luck trying to find an OEM part, my understanding is that they've been sold out for several (many?) years due to so many inexperienced people attempting to lift our cars incorrectly. "Wow" was the reaction I got from a DDM tech at NASSM 2014 when he saw mine WEREN'T cracked.

IIRC, there are (is?) some (a?) aftermarket fenders (Norm's?) available, but I believe they are all unpainted. Barring finding a gem at a junkyard you are probably facing an uphill battle.

My knowledge is limited in this regard and others may (correctly) refute what I've written.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Genuine GM Parts - Saturn
SKU: 25803441
Positions: Left
Other Names: Fender Kit
Condition: New
List Price: $686.47
You Save: $211.86 (30.90% off)
Sale Price: $474.61

GM Parts Store

So, the fender, NOT the quarter panel.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts

For car parts my dude

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
To what extent is the damage to the quarter panel?
Is there a big chunk missing or is it just stress cracks?

Finding an OEM panel in your color is possible- but limited.
Finding an OEM panel, unpainted is available but has limitations.

If the panel can be found- for the price suggested here- then there
are shipping costs, with possible damage occurred in transit to consider.
Add in painting costs to match the color requested increases panel cost.

If you can find the panel, in your color choice undamaged, and not damaged
in transit to your location, the swap out by you should be easy with no extra
added costs- to the purchase price. 7-8 bolts, maybe an 1 hours worth of time.

The other option would be to take your car to several body shops for estimates
on repairing the damage to the panel, with respray. This would eliminate shipping
costs and transit, plus buying the new panel OEM unpainted from a source and waiting on
delivery, then having to wait for it to be painted and installed. Repairing the old panel in place
locally where you could monitor its progress, as opposed to the wait time for the order of
a new panel, and it still needs to be painted.

IF you want the repair done now- go the body shop repair route would be my suggestion.
If you want to wait... tick tock tick tock-for the OEM panel in that color, delivered to your door
so you can install it yourself without body shops costs- it might take awhile just say'n.

Luck with it.
LAC

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To what extent is the damage to the quarter panel?
Is there a big chunk missing or is it just stress cracks?

Finding an OEM panel in your color is possible- but limited.
Finding an OEM panel, unpainted is available but has limitations.

If the panel can be found- for the price suggested here- then there
are shipping costs, with possible damage occurred in transit to consider.
Add in painting costs to match the color requested increases panel cost.

If you can find the panel, in your color choice undamaged, and not damaged
in transit to your location, the swap out by you should be easy with no extra
added costs- to the purchase price. 7-8 bolts, maybe an 1 hours worth of time.

The other option would be to take your car to several body shops for estimates
on repairing the damage to the panel, with respray. This would eliminate shipping
costs and transit, plus buying the new panel OEM unpainted from a source and waiting on
delivery, then having to wait for it to be painted and installed. Repairing the old panel in place
locally where you could monitor its progress, as opposed to the wait time for the order of
a new panel, and it still needs to be painted.

IF you want the repair done now- go the body shop repair route would be my suggestion.
If you want to wait... tick tock tick tock-for the OEM panel in that color, delivered to your door
so you can install it yourself without body shops costs- it might take awhile just say'n.

Luck with it.
LAC
good stuff--thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a cracked driver side quarter panel/fender on my 2009 Ruby Red base Sky and would appreciate any leads for possibly finding that part already painted in the Ruby Red color. Thanks!
Ouch. Sorry that happened. I will share with you what my experience and note that it has been several years. There was a recall on some part so I scheduled the appointment with the local dealer. When I picked up the car the head guy pulled me aside and said "when one of the shop guys was moving the car he drove over the lift footing and it cracked the bottom of the front left quarter panel". He was surprised I didn't go ballistic. I know you'll fix it so let's get it done. They ordered the part. It comes unpainted and the dealer had it color matched and installed. You can't even tell a difference.
From the damage on yours, I'm not sure it could be repaired. It's right at a connection point. There will be vibrations and such that could compromise a repair. Might be better to find a panel and get it painted or find an OEM piece and get it painted. Best of luck. Love the Ruby Red color. I wanted one but could not locate one on the market.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts