Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just learned today that my car is still holding at 3400. They haven't even started to build it. I orderd it on 3/31 so if you do the math, thats 69 days and its hasn't even been produced. I will be lucky to see it by the end of the month.:banghead:

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's a relatively short wait compared to what some of others have experienced. I ordered mine 4/17 and my dealer told me not to expect it until October at the earliest. Count your blessings that it appears you only have a three month wait instead of the 5 or 6 or more month wait some of us have.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normal image to delivery times are about 2-2 1/2 months right now. Your dealer may be telling you that so when it comes earlier you not expecting it. Not too many people here have ACTUALLY waited more then 3 months from image. I have been on a list since August 05' and it just frustraing to hear more and more time put on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
LOL I understand the frustration. Well, the reason my dealer is saying that long is because there are two dealerships ( El Paso and Las Cruces) and after they got my money, they combined the lists. So I went from being #5 on the Las Cruces list to #14 on the El Paso/Las Cruces list. A crock of s*** if you ask me, but there's not much I can do about it. Anyways, good luck and I hope it gets to you soon!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
FaerieKitty2 said:
LOL I understand the frustration. Well, the reason my dealer is saying that long is because there are two dealerships ( El Paso and Las Cruces) and after they got my money, they combined the lists. So I went from being #5 on the Las Cruces list to #14 on the El Paso/Las Cruces list. A crock of s*** if you ask me, but there's not much I can do about it. Anyways, good luck and I hope it gets to you soon!
See there is the difference -- FaerieKitty2 -- you have not ordered yet -- you are on the list to order Ruledawg actually is in the order sequence and at 3400... And that IS a long time --- But watch; it will pop up soon -- done, delivered and in your hands!!
Once you are 2500 or 3000, FaerieKitty2 you should be 8-10 weeks from a new SKY!
Combining the lists should not hurt your timing too much. For every ten cars on their allotment they order two a month (about) so combining the allotments really sounds like more people - but more cars are ordered:thumbs:

·
Registered
389 Posts
ruledawg said:
Normal image to delivery times are about 2-2 1/2 months right now. Your dealer may be telling you that so when it comes earlier you not expecting it. Not too many people here have ACTUALLY waited more then 3 months from image. I have been on a list since August 05' and it just frustraing to hear more and more time put on.
Chalk me up as one of the 3 month waiters. Took 2 months from image to produced. Tomorrow will be 1 month since it went to 3800 and the dealership has not even received any info that the car has shipped yet.
I tried to get on my dealer's list in August but they had not started a list yet. Got on the list at #4 in Oct. They have had 4 Sky's delivered so far and I am still waiting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts