Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to lease my Sky I was told wasnt happening yet..Solistice you can..WELL..I went to saturn site again yesterday..:) this time and you can calculate a lease as with Solistice...Time to order :)

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
You can calculate a lease on the web site, but in two publication Bob lutz has said all SKY, Solstice, and Vetts are sold out, my dealer own three dealerships none have SKYs to Lease, all of the images are spoken for. On the east coast most dealers stopped taken orders all ready, one dealer I talked with has 60 on their list:willy: I hope you find a lease, but I don't think you will..seal9:cheers:

·
Registered
337 Posts
No Sky for you...SORRY

I'm sorry man.....Not only will you not be able to lease a Sky...If you are not in the system by now to buy one already you won't be buying one either....

The Sky is sold out...meaning they are all accounted for.....Sorry.

Gm doesn't have to Lease the Sky because they know everyone will buy the production of Skys they supply. It's that simple.
RedSky

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
REDSKY said:
I'm sorry man.....Not only will you not be able to lease a Sky...If you are not in the system by now to buy one already you won't be buying one either....

The Sky is sold out...meaning they are all accounted for.....Sorry.

Gm doesn't have to Lease the Sky because they know everyone will buy the production of Skys they supply. It's that simple.
RedSky
Actually, that is not completely true. They are sold - out to dealers, but some dealers are not taking orders and selling the cars as they come in. It is possible for you still get one, though it will more than likely will either have a ton of add-ons or several thousand dollars markup.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I think that is the game my dealer is playing. They have a waiting list, but are selling the rest of their allotment with mark ups. So you can buy one, but it will be "have it their way". I stopped at a Saturn dealer last nite to show my son the sky. The security guard ran us off but said this is the first time he has had to do that since he started working there. Too much demand to lease or resist the mark-up apparently.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Why lease

Chili Pepper Girl said:
Why would you want to lease a car that is already so inexpensive?
It depends on a number of factors - maybe you can get a better monthly payment on a lease by $50 or $100 per month. Maybe you want to get a new one every two or three years and you don't like having to sell cars yourself.

·
Registered
122 Posts
actually you can lease a sky.

most dealers DO have deposits on a their Sky allotments for the year, but not all of those are going to be purchases. I have a few customers who are going to be leasing their Skys.

plus, as someone already said, there are still several dealerships who ordered cars themselves and have them to sell for whoever wants them. also, there are always going to be people who get cold feet when they see the total price of the car and walk away.

but, the lease rates right now are not attractive at all (at least through GMAC, but even most other banks are using pretty much standard rates).

people leasing their Skys will enjoy them for 2-3 years, and then when they are sick of them, they can just get another car. not for everybody, but for some it makes perfect sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts