Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, First, I'm another new guy! Placed my order at my Southern Maryland Saturn Dealer on May 20, 2006. They have provided me the VOM (KDTBWD), but not much additional information other than I am currently number 21 on the waiting list and they have a monthly allocation of 3, pushing for 4 Skys.
A couple of questions... 1) when exactly does my vehicle get "imaged" and what does that mean? 2) when does the VOM begin generating "even codes"?

I've been browsing your site for a couple of days and I have to tell you, I'm still a little confused about some of the terms and the overall sequence of events. Has anyone thought of creating an "glossary of terms" and a basic "sequence of events" for rookies like myself?

I think the work that you all are doing and the information you're providing is invaluable, so keep it up!

I'm not sure how I am going to cope with the months of waiting that lie ahead??? Never thought I'd be anxious to see a "Gray Sky."

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
flyguy115 said:
Okay, First, I'm another new guy! Placed my order at my Southern Maryland Saturn Dealer on May 20, 2006. They have provided me the VOM (KDTBWD), but not much additional information other than I am currently number 21 on the waiting list and they have a monthly allocation of 3, pushing for 4 Skys.
A couple of questions... 1) when exactly does my vehicle get "imaged" and what does that mean? 2) when does the VOM begin generating "even codes"?

I've been browsing your site for a couple of days and I have to tell you, I'm still a little confused about some of the terms and the overall sequence of events. Has anyone thought of creating an "glossary of terms" and a basic "sequence of events" for rookies like myself?

I think the work that you all are doing and the information you're providing is invaluable, so keep it up!

I'm not sure how I am going to cope with the months of waiting that lie ahead??? Never thought I'd be anxious to see a "Gray Sky."
You dealer has to tell you when you get imaged -- what did they say?
Once you are imgaed you will get status codes -- The dealer has to get them.

Think of your order, KDTBWD, as a description of the car you want -- the image then is accepted by GM (imaging) and once you get the 3000 it means the oder (picture=image) has been accepted to build -- that means your car will be built. Then you have to wait it through the steps untill delivery...
Look at my signature for the time line... It is getting faster and faster too...:thumbs:

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm not sure how I am going to cope with the months of waiting that lie ahead??? Never thought I'd be anxious to see a "Gray Sky."[/QUOTE]

Hey wait a minute. What's wrong with a "gray sky" LOL

·
Registered
151 Posts
flyguy115, have you tried the Sales, Ordering, & Allocation FAQ section under this forum? There is a lot of great information there, including the event/status codes and what they mean. Maybe that will answer some of your questions. This whole site has been a big help to me!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'm just hoping I have mine by the end of the year.... I placed my deposit at the end of March and am currently like #16 on the waiting list. Ugh. :banghead:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How long does it normally take from writing the deposit check until the order is actually accepted at GM?:confused:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
flyguy115 said:
How long does it normally take from writing the deposit check until the order is actually accepted at GM?:confused:
That depends.... How many are waiting before you and how many images are processed a month?
Them having a check and GM accepting an order have zero connection.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SKYtime said:
I'm just hoping I have mine by the end of the year.... I placed my deposit at the end of March and am currently like #16 on the waiting list. Ugh. :banghead:
Being 16 on the list isn't bad because Saturn only has around 450 dealerships, so it should go pretty fast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts