Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the P0010 and P0011 errors twice this year and decided to replace the actuator solenoids.

For the most part it went smoothly, but when removing one of the fasteners, it flew off somewhere toward the front right headlight, and I have not been able to find it inside the front of the car. (It didn't fall onto the ground underneath, unfortunately.)

I've been searching the forum, parts sites, and the Internet in general, and so forth to try to find if it's an available part, but I'm not entirely sure what it's called.

Two part question:

1) Is it safe to drive with this missing? I'm guessing so, but figured I'd check.

2) Anyone know what the part is called/what its part number is (if any) and if it's easily replaced?

I suppose I could try to scan and 3d print a replacement, but that would require me to finally get around to buying a 3d printer, and I can't imagine being the only person to ever lose one of these. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
If I am looking at your picture correctly you are asking about the clip that snaps in under the connector release lever. That part is called a Connector Position Assurance piece and is intended to make it impossible to accidently release the locking tab.

Under normal circumstances the connector latch will not release with that missing, and it is safe to drive without it. Just confirm that the connector latch is actually latched and that you cannot pull the connector apart. Then don't accidentally push on the lever to unlatch it.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That seems right - the piece I'm talking about is the gray piece on the left.

I checked to make sure it's fully seated, and with the engine cover on, it'll be very hard to accidentally dislodge it.

And knowing the actual name, it looks like there is a part for it (Aptiv/Delphi 15317832). It's only 27 cents, plus $14.99 shipping, from Del City. But Mouser also has it for only $7.99 shipping, and Amazon has a 10 pack for $8.46 with free Prime shipping.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Mine has been missing for years, no biggie. When I open the hood (oil change or whatever) I usually just make sure it is still seated right -- never even had it loose. They seem very easy to snap.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts