Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG..:willy: ... i need to QUIT driving my baby.... 3400 miles.:banghead: . and i got her on the 21st of last month.... ugh.... but, i am addicted to driving her.... HELP.:confused: .. WHAT DO I DO??? SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
256 Posts
hmmmmm I saw it in Ferris Buehler a long time ago... PUt it up on blocks and run it in reverse till the miles come off.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Just keep on driving. Thats what there made for.......More Miles More Fun!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahhhh...... i need to first build the glass garage with the cool pink satin curtains!!!!!!!!........ i could try to put it up on blocks and do the miles off thing... but... not sure if it will work.. cuz...... i will feel really bad when it goes over the cliff... and i will put more miles on her first before i do that... UGH.... what a rock and a hard place..... or... i could just DRIVE.. DRIVE.. DRIVE...... in july, we are driving it to new york... anyone along the way from chicago to new york!!!??????? let us know and we will try to meet up with ya..... SkyBaby-07

·
Super Moderator
11,620 Posts
Are you driving your new Sky or Solstice almost constantly? When you walk away from your new Sky or Solstice, do you feel anxious, nervous and depressed? Do you dream of driving your new Sky or Solstice only to wake up sitting in your Sky or Solstice in your Pajamas?

You're not alone. Thousands (okay, maybe just over a thousand) suffer from this same afliction. Sky/Solstice Motoring Infectious and Lingering Enjoyment Syndrome (SSMILES) is not your fault. The onset of SSMILES can even happen to those who have yet to purchase a Saturn Sky or Pontiac Solstice. Loss of sleep, loss of productivity at work, and a newfound drive to...well...drive are all symptoms of SSMILES.

The good news is, there is help. SSMILES support groups are begining to spring up across the country. These groups, using the name "car clubs" to reduce the stigma associated with joining a support group, can help you feel better about your SSMILES because you can share your SSMILES with others that have SSMILES. When joining these SSMILES groups, you will find the time to appreciate and bask in the fellow SSMILES members' Skys and Solstices while reducing the amount of time you spend driving your own Sky or Solstice.

Yes, many suffer blissfully unaware from SSMILES every day. While there is no cure and we doubt any SSMILES sufferes would accept one even if there was, SSMILES support groups...I mean "Car Clubs" around the country are becoming available and helping SSMILES patients around the country every day.

Isn't it time you got help with your SSMILES?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WHERE DO I SIGN UP?????? no one wants to meet up with me........ BOO HOO HOO... so , i will have TO SSMILES myself some more...SkyBaby-07

point me to the nearest "group" OOPSY... car club!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Robotech said:
Isn't it time you got help with your SSMILES?
This is hilarious! Yet, there's so much truth to it, my car is all I ever think about anymore. I live in the DC area where the traffic is a nightmare. My 22 mile commute to work generally takes an hour and a half, each way. I used to dread it and have such road rage. Since I got my SKY only a month ago, I look forward to my commute now, actually, thinking about my ride home from work is what gets me through the day lately. I put almost 2K miles on my baby in the last 4 weeks.

I say, DRIVE and ENJOY! Dont worry about the miles!

·
Super Moderator
11,620 Posts
SkyBaby said:
WHERE DO I SIGN UP?????? no one wants to meet up with me........ BOO HOO HOO... so , i will have TO SSMILES myself some more...SkyBaby-07

point me to the nearest "group" OOPSY... car club!!!
I'm sure we could scroung up a couple of people out here to meet up with you...but it's a bit of a drive. LOL

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
SkyBaby said:
OMG..:willy: ... i need to QUIT driving my baby.... 3400 miles.:banghead: . and i got her on the 21st of last month.... ugh.... but, i am addicted to driving her.... HELP.:confused: .. WHAT DO I DO??? SkyBaby-07
sounds like we are on about the same pace, but I now have slacked off a little, but mine has 6260 miles in 2 months and 2 days...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SSMILES-- don't they make a cream for that? :jester:

·
Registered
256 Posts
No kidding... I actually opened my garage door 3 times last night to look at it. At one point I actually went out there to sit in the car and my wife came out and laughed at me.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Just be thankful you didn't lease! :lol:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
MrJester said:
At one point I actually went out there to sit in the car and my wife came out and laughed at me.
I wonder why.... :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
MrJester said:
hmmmmm I saw it in Ferris Buehler a long time ago... PUt it up on blocks and run it in reverse till the miles come off.
Dammit, now I'm dying to watch Ferris Buehler....:lol:

Save Ferris!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
belletire said:
Dammit, now I'm dying to watch Ferris Buehler....:lol:

Save Ferris!
only thing is it didn't work on ferris buehler.. and with today's odometers it does not matter if you are in froward or reverse, the mile will still go UP!. It counts pulses and cannot tell which way you are going....

·
Registered
154 Posts
no one wants to meet up with me........ BOO HOO HOO... so , i will have TO SSMILES myself some more...SkyBaby-07

Let me know when you are going to be in New York. My wife & I might be able to drive down & meet you somewhere. Maybe some other Sky owners from NE would be able to join us. That would be fun.:)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
MrJester said:
No kidding... I actually opened my garage door 3 times last night to look at it. At one point I actually went out there to sit in the car and my wife came out and laughed at me.
We must be related. Same thing happened to me. My wife just giggled and giggled.:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
MrJester said:

I'll be sitting on my couch watching tv and all of a sudden jump up and do something to my car. Last night I was watching TV, and in the middle of the Lost finale (which I couldn't wait to see) I thought about my car sitting out there so I grabbed a clean rag and leather conditioner and cleaned my seats. It's like a sickness. I can't stop. I find myself getting up to just look out the window at her when i'm home or at work. I need professional help.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
SkyBaby said:
I have 1300 km ( 800 mi.) on mine and picked it up last friday can't keep out of her rain or shine :lol:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts