Saturn Sky Forum banner

Loud, Rapid Clicking from Cooling Fan/Front of the Engine

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  JohnWR 
#1 ·
Hello,

For the past few days now, there has been a mild clicking sound coming from the front end of the engine. As I drive for longer periods of time the clicking gets louder. I've checked the coolant levels. They seem to be fine. The coolant temp has been higher than usual, running at around 205 - 220f, but not any higher. In addition, I've notice that when I turn the engine off the cooling fan doesn't seem to stay on as it normally does, to cool the engine down. Not really educated when it comes to mechanics. Any insight would be appreciated.

Saturn Sky Redline 2007

Thanks

#2 ·
Man, wish someone had answered this...getting the same issue with my car now. I'm assuming the cooling fan is dying but was hoping to find a little insight here.

So if anyone runs across this, I've got the same issue. Looks like I'll get a spare fan and look into it on the upcoming Mod Day (what is it with Mod Days and fan replacements?!?) and have it on hand to swap it out if necessary. I started off NA and am turbo now so at least I can use the cheaper NA fan. :)

#7 ·
Man, wish someone had answered this...getting the same issue with my car now. I'm assuming the cooling fan is dying but was hoping to find a little insight here.

So if anyone runs across this, I've got the same issue. Looks like I'll get a spare fan and look into it on the upcoming Mod Day (what is it with Mod Days and fan replacements?!?) and have it on hand to swap it out if necessary. I started off NA and am turbo now so at least I can use the cheaper NA fan. :)
How did you resolve this?

#4 ·
I would guess timing chain and/or balancer chain.....How many miles do you have? What year is your car? Early or late in the year production?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.