Saturn Sky Forum banner

Love my Sky; need some expertise

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Goldielocks 
#1 ·
Greetings fellow Saturn Sky lovers. I admired the Skys on the road before I knew what they were. Lucky enough to find my own previously owned 2008 Sky a few years back. Couple years ago I installed a windscreen according to directions. Not sure it made much difference in the cockpit. After that a water leak developed in the trunk. The windscreen since broke and I removed, but I'm stuck with the leak. Is this common? My local mechanic didn't have any ideas (but charged me $100 to look around), then went to a convertible shop that was 'reasonably sure' it was due to a tear in this rubber pflange inside the lid {that forms the seal?).

If any of you can recommend a windscreen that works well...but meanwhile I need to get the leak fixed... Ideas?

Except for this, all my days behind the wheel of my Sky Land vehicle Vehicle Car Convertible Sports car
are Good ones.

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure which 'wind screen' you had previously installed (your pic doesn't show it) but the "Windrestrictor" Type 2 seems to be the best one out there. Buy directly from the vendor or thru DDM Works

#3 ·
No wind deflector is going to work very well, and they pretty much don't work at all unless the windows are up. In my opinion they are mainly for decoration.

Your only option for fixing the leak may be to find a salvage deck lid to get the seal from, unless someone here has a part number and a source for a new one.
I actually have a damaged deck lid that may have a good seal. I will check it out and let you know.

And, welcome to the forum!

#4 ·
My suggestions:

1. See if there is visible damage to the seal(s) (if not it may not be the issue).
2. Check that the drains that line up with holes for the buttress pegs are clear (not plugged further down) and align correctly when the trunk is closed.
3. Check that the lid is flush with the trunk and not bent or mis-adjusted so that the seals can't seal properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.