Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saturn dealer called today,said redline will be in the show room sometime in september.more info next week after NY car show.:willy: :willy:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
That is very exciting news, but I do have to wonder how 'on target' Saturn will be with that September date, considering the backlog of regular Skys now.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
That is very exciting news, but I do have to wonder how 'on target' Saturn will be with that September date, considering the backlog of regular Skys now.
Saturn is right on Schedule.. They said they'd introduce the SKY in Spring of 2006. They hit that target. Was any other schedule mentioned? To me they are doing fine. So I bet they will put redlines in the showroom when they say....
Are they implying anything more? (like delivery?) I don't see that.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Saturn is right on Schedule.. They said they'd introduce the SKY in Spring of 2006. They hit that target. Was any other schedule mentioned? To me they are doing fine. So I bet they will put redlines in the showroom when they say....
Are they implying anything more? (like delivery?) I don't see that.
I hear ya, Rick...but wouldn't "in the showroom" equate to Redlines being delivered by that date? :confused:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
by then ,could almost taste it,after waiting about 150 days or 3600 hours what the heck ,a few more days or a few more hours...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
I hear ya, Rick...but wouldn't "in the showroom" equate to Redlines being delivered by that date? :confused:
The first SKYs would have hit the deadline.... They were "In the showroom" so to speak. Since teh lines are running they could build and send out enough so just about any showroom that wanted one would get one... Key word - one.
At the same time since the lines are running with skys -- integrating the actual build would be easier that starting up the SKY like originally.

If we all stop and read what Saturn said they would do -- they have delivered everything as promised. It is our own wants and expectations that frustrate.. (I feel like the monk in the old Carradine TV show -- Ah little grasshopper...)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
The first SKYs would have hit the deadline.... They were "In the showroom" so to speak. Since teh lines are running they could build and send out enough so just about any showroom that wanted one would get one... Key word - one.
At the same time since the lines are running with skys -- integrating the actual build would be easier that starting up the SKY like originally.

If we all stop and read what Saturn said they would do -- they have delivered everything as promised. It is our own wants and expectations that frustrate.. (I feel like the monk in the old Carradine TV show -- Ah little grasshopper...)
Ahh...I understand what you're saying now. I neglected to take into account that the build would be easier with the line already in full swing...instead of starting from scratch.

So with that in mind...is there any word on when dealers will actually begin taking orders (imaging) for Redlines? I'm assuming like maybe July or August?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
beats spring of 2007...remember not to long ago.just jokeing word is, orders taken weeks before will start to be delievered.you are correct the time line has speed up do to the demand for the redline an their ability to put the cars together much faster.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think you could be in the ball park...will keep you posted.we should know a lot more after the NY auto show next weekend.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am not saying you are wrong, because they said Fall of this year (September-December) but I will wait until next week to hear the official word :)

Or I will go check out some other message boards and come back to agree with you...... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts