Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the Sky and have one on order but there is one problem. The seating is way too low for me. I'm only 5'5 and can barely see over the windshield. Does anyone know how I can fix this (other than not getting it)?

I am going to look pretty silly riding in childs booster seat. If anyone has any info..please pass on!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
ousoonersgirl said:
I love the Sky and have one on order but there is one problem. The seating is way too low for me. I'm only 5'5 and can barely see over the windshield. Does anyone know how I can fix this (other than not getting it)?

I am going to look pretty silly riding in childs booster seat. If anyone has any info..please pass on!
My dealer said he has a lady customer with the same problem, he told her they can put spacers and longer seat bolts in to raise the seat up for her, of course that would make it a car just for her, but if she is the only one driving it it will not matter... same could be done for you, discuss it with your dealer before ordering...
PS why would you want to see OVER the windshield? My wife is 5'4" and she has no problem seeing...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,782 Posts
obus

Obus makes a wonderful seat cushion that should bring you up high enough, plus it is ergonomic and good for your butt!!!!

Obus can be found online or in some drug stores.


Kimberly
ChiliSky
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
My friend who is even shorter than you said the same thing when she sat in the Sol back at the DC auto show.... she was like "If the Sky is this low I couldn't handle it" -- I think Saturn should think about a more adjustable seat because you aren't alone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
802 Posts
ousoonersgirl said:
I love the Sky and have one on order but there is one problem. The seating is way too low for me. I'm only 5'5 and can barely see over the windshield. Does anyone know how I can fix this (other than not getting it)?

I am going to look pretty silly riding in childs booster seat. If anyone has
any info..please pass on!
Is this the first time you have had this problem? I think not. My wife is 5'2" and sits on a pillow in any of our cars. Even the ones with good visibilty require her hind end to be up and her nose on the windshield. Just the way she thinks she should drive. She uses a pillow even with power seats. The Sky puts you closer to the ground hence visibilty is not as good anyway..You might try for a little firmer pillow, but don't get too high or visibilty from the upper windshield frame will be a problem.
Here is a link for a inexpensive booster:
http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/jump.jsp?itemID=6084&itemType=PRODUCT&searchid=inceptor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
This is a common complaint about the vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Good idea on the seat booster. At a little over 5 feet, my wife will definitely need one. That's why she likes to drive my full size Dodge pickup.
:cheers:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
830 Posts
If it's not going to work for you, can I have it...Seal9:cheers: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
My dealer said he has a lady customer with the same problem, he told her they can put spacers and longer seat bolts in to raise the seat up for her, of course that would make it a car just for her, but if she is the only one driving it it will not matter... same could be done for you, discuss it with your dealer before ordering...
PS why would you want to see OVER the windshield? My wife is 5'4" and she has no problem seeing...

I was planning on making a special cushion, but now that I read about the spacers and seat bolts, I think I'll talk to them about doing that. No one else is really going to drive it except in an emergency. Though the longer I drive the car and get more used to it, the lowness bothers me almost not at all now.:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
The Solstice gets an upgraded seat in 2007; power height adjuster, forth and aft. Hopefully, this will be available next model year on the Sky as well. I believe it will be on the Redline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
My dealer said he has a lady customer with the same problem, he told her they can put spacers and longer seat bolts in to raise the seat up for her, ...
The only thing that bothers me about that solution is, what happens in an accident? Are all the safety concerns taken care of?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Delnari said:
The Solstice gets an upgraded seat in 2007; power height adjuster, forth and aft. Hopefully, this will be available next model year on the Sky as well. I believe it will be on the Redline.
Yeah, for those who don't know yet this change is for the base and GXP model starting with the 07 MY cars being made soon.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top