Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got rid of the less than optimal HID install that was on my Sky when I got her, and went back to regular bulbs. A previous owner got rid of the low beam light caps on both left and right. The high beam cover doesn’t have a part number on it, and I’ve searched a couple of salvage yards locally with no help. Any ideas on where to go from here, brain trust? :laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
So, I got rid of the less than optimal HID install that was on my Sky when I got her, and went back to regular bulbs. A previous owner got rid of the low beam light caps on both left and right. The high beam cover doesn’t have a part number on it, and I’ve searched a couple of salvage yards locally with no help. Any ideas on where to go from here, brain trust? :laugh:
I don't think they are available. If you find a source please post a link.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Although I'm not one of them, there are several people on this forum that will probably have some suggestions for you, but you might have to wait a couple of days before they see your post. Be patient and they will respond. Good luck in finding the caps.

In the meantime, some Gorilla tape would keep the dirt and moisture out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
I think I have one extra, also think they are the same piece for low and high beam. And for both sides. Not sure. And if you promise the Dawgs will beat bama this year I will send it to you for free. lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I have one extra, also think they are the same piece for low and high beam. And for both sides. Not sure. And if you promise the Dawgs will beat bama this year I will send it to you for free. lol
I can’t lie to you skersfan. I wish I could! Those guys are flat unstoppable. I ordered a couple of caps from GM. They will probably be here on the stage next Thursday or so. I’m out in the country now. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
Life long Husker fan, but have always loved the Dawgs. I don't mind Bama or Saben, but I just hate their fans it seems.

Hard to say they aren't the best team though. But all of our National Championships have been undefeated seasons, and they weren't the South Side baking soda National Championship, or something similar that Bama claims. lol That should stir them up.

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
I think I have one extra, also think they are the same piece for low and high beam. And for both sides. Not sure.
High and low beam caps are the same but they are specific to left side of the car or right side of the car. Had to get one when I...uh...melted one of mine...Long story involving LED install...

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
They may be numbered different, but I think they fit either side, The little flat spot is supposed to fit around the fender. I know when I got the green car they had them screwed up, but did not hit the inner fender. Of course this from memory over two years ago, so certainly could be wrong.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They may be numbered different, but I think they fit either side, The little flat spot is supposed to fit around the fender. I know when I got the green car they had them screwed up, but did not hit the inner fender. Of course this from memory over two years ago, so certainly could be wrong.
We’ll find out shortly. Ordered “right side” caps a few days ago, and I got the “shipped” email today. I’ll let you guys know what happens when they get here. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts