Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the ever perpetual working on my car bug. Now that I've done a major overhaul of the engine, I'm looking at low cost things I can do to my Redline. Suggestions are most welcome. Eventually I will get an improved radiator and intercooler (living in Arizona basically requires as much).

For now though these are some of the things I'm looking at:

• The HHR rearview mirror (already have it, just have to install and run the wire).
  • LED lights (replacing old incandescents).
  • LED light strip in each headlight.

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
What u need but cannot acquire are the kappasphere passenger mirror and kappasphere metal door pop ups....I forgot what they are called but it is what u manually pull up/push down to lock or unlock your door. The plastic GM OEMs are cheap looking.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
........door pop ups....I forgot what they are called but it is what u manually pull up/push down to lock or unlock your door. The plastic GM OEMs are cheap looking.

As interior colored the manual door locks are nearly invisible; and almost never used. It's the lil chromies that are odd and look out of place

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
As interior colored the manual door locks are nearly invisible; and almost never used. It's the lil chromies that are odd and look out of place
That's it...the Lil chromies...although almost never used...it was my first mod. I thought it did look good. When I first got the car, that was the first thing that looked cheap. It had to be changed...for me, anyway. Not cheap if u think about it...I believe it was 30 dollars including shipping.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's it...the Lil chromies...although almost never used...it was my first mod. I thought it did look good. When I first got the car, that was the first thing that looked cheap. It had to be changed...for me, anyway. Not cheap if u think about it...I believe it was 30 dollars including shipping.
I appreciate the suggestion!
I'm trying to remove all chrome from my Sky.
I want it to blend in a little. When I upgrade the exhaust, it will be to something on the quieter side. Essentially if I just so happen to accidentally be going over the speed limit, the less I stick out, the better.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of my favorite cheap mods was swapping out chrome door handles for black door handles from the Cobalt.

·
Registered
2007 emerald green 2.4
57 Posts
Most of my chrome was shot, too many years of Florida sun, got black door handles and painted them to match the car color. Looks much "cleaner".

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I personally appreciate all the chrome appointments along with the chrome wheels. I only wish mine didn't get scratched up by a previous female owner who always wore a diamond ring (s). It took some doing (and money) to replace all the chrome but I got it done.

If you wonder, I know it was a female with diamond rings because of the other female things I found under the driver seat like bobby pins, lipstick, and a few other female items. Don't let your imagine run wild, nothing was weird. I was hoping she accidentally left a diamond ring for me to pawn to cover my costs because the $7.57 in change I did find didn't cover it.

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
I personally appreciate all the chrome appointments along with the chrome wheels. I only wish mine didn't get scratched up by a previous female owner who always wore a diamond ring (s). It took some doing (and money) to replace all the chrome but I got it done.

If you wonder, I know it was a female with diamond rings because of the other female things I found under the driver seat like bobby pins, lipstick, and a few other female items. Don't let your imagine run wild, nothing was weird. I was hoping she accidentally left a diamond ring for me to pawn to cover my costs because the $7.57 in change I did find didn't cover it.
Here is my contribution to chrome....u can now see your speakers and door. Only 15 dollars at auto zone.
mr7.jpg

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Very nice Mike. I like that a lot. What exactly did you buy from Autozone? Door edge molding?

What is that silver rectangular thing above your glove box? A "Restored By" plaque?

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
That is not my car...it is someone who copied mine....it is not door edge molding. You can either purchase the 1/8 inch or 1/4 inch strip. I used 1/4 inch. I cannot recall the name but if u look around u will find it...it is round and in a circle....the speakers are quite easy because they have a sleeve. It fits right inside...the door can be a problem. Although it has a 3m adhesive...it doesn't adhere well to the door. I needed to put an epoxy to make it a permanent fit.

Pep Boys also carries it...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
That is not my car...it is someone who copied mine....it is not door edge molding. You can either purchase the 1/8 inch or 1/4 inch strip. I used 1/4 inch. I cannot recall the name but if u look around u will find it...it is round and in a circle....the speakers are quite easy because they have a sleeve. It fits right inside...the door can be a problem. Although it has a 3m adhesive...it doesn't adhere well to the door. I needed to put an epoxy to make it a permanent fit.

Pep Boys also carries it...
Thanks! The next time I am near an AutoZone, I will check that out....and thanks for the warning on the adhesive challenge for the door.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Here is my contribution to chrome....u can now see your speakers and door. Only 15 dollars at auto zone. View attachment 116026 View attachment 116026
I think I like the trim around the speakers. It ties in really well with the rest of the cars interior. It really looks like GM would of done it. I've seen your posts before about this and now I need to figure out what it is and where to find it.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I am not normally into "bling", but that really looks nice and complimentary to the stock Sky interior.

·
Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline
77 Posts
I have the ever perpetual working on my car bug. Now that I've done a major overhaul of the engine, I'm looking at low cost things I can do to my Redline. Suggestions are most welcome. Eventually I will get an improved radiator and intercooler (living in Arizona basically requires as much).

For now though these are some of the things I'm looking at:

• The HHR rearview mirror (already have it, just have to install and run the wire).
  • LED lights (replacing old incandescents).
  • LED light strip in each headlight.
Fuzzy dice for the new rear view 😖 ducks

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hmmm….low cost 💲 mods. How about the little doggie 🐶 with the head that bobs up and down, side to side too…. with the eyes 👀 that blink as turn signals.
That could be the first for both the Forum and for a Sky. Let’s check with a higher authority…..Marlboromike…. we need a fact check. 🥸

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
Hmmm….low cost 💲 mods. How about the little doggie 🐶 with the head that bobs up and down, side to side too…. with the eyes 👀 that blink as turn signals.
That could be the first for both the Forum and for a Sky. Let’s check with a higher authority…..Marlboromike…. we need a fact check. 🥸
That will be a first...no one has yet been brave enough to purchase and install it in our SKY....let's ask Robo. He is the left coast guru.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts