Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I have been looking for a lower radiator house for my 2008 Sky 2.0. Rock auto has them, because of how colorado wants them to collect taxes they will not ship to us. The other places I have placed an order with say thy are out.
So who knows or has a ldad where they are all hiding at.

Thanks for your help with this.
KG

·
Super Moderator
5,296 Posts
It appears that they are all at Rock Auto, where they know they are safe, at least from shipment to you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd say ship it to family or friend that lives in a state that works, and have them then ship it to you. I too live in Colorado and had the same issue with a different part.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd say ship it to family or friend that lives in a state that works, and have them then ship it to you. I too live in Colorado and had the same issue with a different part.
I would if I had that choice I certainly would got hat route.
So where are you at in Colorado maye we can work something out.

·
Super Moderator
5,296 Posts
Have you tried a parts store? They may not have one in stock, but should be able to get one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you tried a parts store? They may not have one in stock, but should be able to get one.
Yes Sir I have.
I am a shop foreman where I have access to the commercial accounts with all the major parts chains, dealerships and independents. None of them show it, they show all of the other hoses including the 2.4 lower hose.

·
Super Moderator
11,193 Posts
Yes Sir I have.
I am a shop foreman where I have access to the commercial accounts with all the major parts chains, dealerships and independents. None of them show it, they show all of the other hoses including the 2.4 lower hose.
I'm going to double check this but I cannot think of a reason why the 2.0 lower radiator hose would differ from the 2.4 lower radiator hose.

·
Super Moderator
11,193 Posts
@Nasher part number is 19129921 and I see it listed for sale on eBay and GMPartsDirect. Looks like a different part number from the 2.4 but I haven't seen what it looks like in the engine bay to compare it to the 2.4 to see what the actual differences are. Starting location and ending location on both engines is identical so it must be a routing or design difference between those two spots.

·
Super Moderator
5,296 Posts
These pictures are not definitive, but it looks like the branch hose is the difference.

2.0.PNG
2.4.PNG

·
Super Moderator
11,193 Posts
These pictures are not definitive, but it looks like the branch hose is the difference.
I'd agree John. While the images have the part oriented 180 degrees from one another, it even looks like the Tee connection is on the same spot on both lower hoses and only that branch hose is different. Looks like, in a pinch, you could use the 2.4 hose if that branch hose is in good shape on your current setup. Otherwise you would need the 2.0 hose specific or make that branch hose from regular bulk coolant hose.

I wonder where that branch hose goes to...overflow tank perhaps? Would be my guess.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw the one on eBay almost 200. If I have to I will bite the bullet.
gm just discontinued them.
This is the email I received from them.

Thank you for your recent order. We however do not have the part in stock and it has been discontinued by General Motors. So it is no longer available to us.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused. I have cancelled your order and voided your payment. “

They look really close. I wonder if the ID might be different on the engine side.

·
Super Moderator
11,193 Posts
I saw the one on eBay almost 200. If I have to I will bite the bullet.
gm just discontinued them.
This is the email I received from them.

Thank you for your recent order. We however do not have the part in stock and it has been discontinued by General Motors. So it is no longer available to us.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused. I have cancelled your order and voided your payment. “

They look really close. I wonder if the ID might be different on the engine side.
I can tell you they are not different on the engine side. Only difference between the thermostat housing between the two engines is the hole for the turbo's water feed line...and you have the relief for it on the 2.4 where you would be able to drill and tap it. I have a 2.0 thermostat housing on my 2.4 with the 2.4 lower radiator hose. No fitment issue what so ever.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We are going to see more of this with the lower hose for both Sky and Solstice. Do the math on the age alone. When I had DDM change the water pump on my GXP I asked about doing the lower hose as I went with all silicone hoses for the top pieces. Dave did not want to touch it as it's such a pain to replace, so I have mine on the parts shelf, waiting for a lazy day to hoist the motor and hoping I am still around, when and if that happens. And, yes, the photos do show the difference in construction of the middle tube.

Richard Snipes

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I finally got the lower hose😁 4501 you are correct there is failure due to age. with the hose being such a pain to do do it on your time not when the hose decides to fail. Always remember Murphy’s Law. From what I see it looks like you can replace it without lifting the engine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you find out that is true, please post the steps you do to make the replacement. I'm sure it will be appreciated. Who knows, maybe the longer "tee" hose for the Sky makes it easier. That would be nice for Sky owners.

Richard Snipes

1 - 16 of 16 Posts