Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the Sols forum and a poster Solli4me came up with a pretty neat solution to traveling with luggage. I kinda like the idea and with some proper padding could work out well.

Noticed that Kappasphere had a rack for the Sol, interested in what the Sky one will look like?






http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17930&page=4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
If I am staying more than a couple of days... Ship the luggage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
Maverick said:
The KappaSphere rack looks more substantial than the Saturn rack.

:agree: That Kappasphere rack actually looks like it might be functional. The Sky luggage rack looks like it's perfect for...as somebody else put it...grilling a couple of ribeye steaks. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
746 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sports car

The Kappashpere may seem more substantial but between the duffles Kappa sells and the Saturn version you should have enough space for travel. I think this one looks better.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
Time to "Think Outside the Box"

There was no room to fit a spare tire in the SKY, so the solution was to fit a device to allow for the emergency re-inflation of tires.

I think the solution is to fit a device in the other side of the trunk that shrinks cargo down to a couple of cubic inches so that it can fit in the trunk, and then restore it to its original size once you reach the destination.

And, admit it folks, there would be thousands of uses for that gizmo! Think how many cars Saturn would sell.

And be honest - which would you rather have? A shink-o / restore-o size adjuster, or a lame power top?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
746 Posts
Infomercial

jdigiant said:
I think the solution is to fit a device in the other side of the trunk that shrinks cargo down to a couple of cubic inches so that it can fit in the trunk, and then restore it to its original size once you reach the destination.

And, admit it folks, there would be thousands of uses for that gizmo! Think how many cars Saturn would sell.

And be honest - which would you rather have? A shink-o / restore-o size adjuster, or a lame power top?
What you are describing sounds like the space saver bags I see advertised at 2AM.
Product Food storage containers
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
With or without

Blue Sky said:
View attachment 3201

The Kappashpere may seem more substantial but between the duffles Kappa sells and the Saturn version you should have enough space for travel. I think this one looks better.
It may look better with out luggage, but I am sure they look about the same with the luggage.
It is just "How Much You Want To Take" along with you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Blue Sky said:
View attachment 3201

The Kappashpere may seem more substantial but between the duffles Kappa sells and the Saturn version you should have enough space for travel. I think this one looks better.
:agree:

It's really good looking and you can fix your purse upon that little thingy for a longer travel :jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
A couple of duffle bags worked fine for me. As stated before, if going on long trips, take 20 to 40 bucks and ship the luggage. Every destination has a address, and the US mail, Fed-Ex and UPS all deliver. :thumbs: Plus no extra weight on my trunk lid to cause problems or dents and who wants wet luggage on their new car. :nono:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,279 Posts
ggccg said:
This doesn't look like it will work with a Sky with a spoiler.
COME ON NOW JUST SHIP IT....................:thumbs:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
803 Posts
[/QUOTE]


Isn't this rack on backwards? :confused:
When this type of luggage rack is used with the old MG's & Triumph's the part that goes up, is at the rear so that your luggage lean against it. The way they have that one mounted if you straps came lose your bag would fall right off the rear end of your SKY and you would have your undies all over the highway.:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
Blue Sky said:
What you are describing sounds like the space saver bags I see advertised at 2AM.
View attachment 3202
Works great if you don't mind that "slept-in, wrinkled" look or don't mind ironing everything you packed. I agree with Rick...just ship it!
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top