Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

Registered
IT is certainly a different look for our Sky. Little too tall for my taste, it does sit a bit to far
forward on the trunk lid as well, when compared to the stock version. I don't consider my
stock set up as a wing in general, more like an air foil. It might look cool, but does it have
any real effect? I would say no here- unless you are at high speed for most of the time.
Does it create any down force, under hard braking maneuvers- not likely. Color match is
spot on. Had this been a carbon fiber wingage- with an LED strip running the full length
across the wing, as a third brake light then... it would look Fast & it might be Furious if
Vin Diesel was driving it.

The added ribs to the side vents- are pretty cool too. The fact that you & the wife like it
must piss your son off big time, since he doesn't like it. Does he own the Sky? No. Does
he pay the insurance on the Sky? Does he do the upkeep and maintain the Sky? Probbly
not would be my guess here. Does he drive it? U can pry these keys from my cold dead fingers but- so long as I own it, pay for it maintain it- it's mine.
That is all that matters- not our opinions or your sons for that matter.
My name is on the title and so long as it is I'll do whatever I damn well please to it
while I own it. I rest my case your Honor.
Can I leave the courtroom now- I've got a 2 hour drive home on some real deal twisty sections of asphalt- I gotta go like now.

* After a quick look outside my window- my brother has the stock GM wing on his
Impala-09. Little shorter in height, sits back on the trunk lid. If anything here- I would
shorten the height just a bit- but that brings into play the view or blocked view out of
the rear view mirror for you? fwiw that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

LAC

Registered
IT is certainly a different look for our Sky. Little too tall for my taste, it does sit a bit to far
forward on the trunk lid as well, when compared to the stock version. I don't consider my
stock set up as a wing in general, more like an air foil. It might look cool, but does it have
any real effect? I would say no here- unless you are at high speed for most of the time.
Does it create any down force, under hard braking maneuvers- not likely. Color match is
spot on. Had this been a carbon fiber wingage- with an LED strip running the full length
across the wing, as a third brake light then... it would look Fast & it might be Furious if
Vin Diesel was driving it.

The added ribs to the side vents- are pretty cool too. The fact that you & the wife like it
must piss your son off big time, since he doesn't like it. Does he own the Sky? No. Does
he pay the insurance on the Sky? Does he do the upkeep and maintain the Sky? Probbly
not would be my guess here. Does he drive it? U can pry these keys from my cold dead fingers
but- so long as I own it, pay for it maintain it- it's mine. That is all that matters- not our opinions or
your sons for that matter. My name is on the title and I'll do whatever I damn well please to it
while I own it. I rest my case your Honor. Can I leave the courtroom now- I got a 2 hour drive
home on some real deal twisty sections of asphalt- I gotta go like now.

LAC
You forgot to add the line 鈥淵ou can鈥檛 handle the truth!!鈥 馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
Since we are talking rear spoilers here....

Do you like what the rear OEM rear spoiler does for the Sky better than what the OEM rear spoiler does for the Solstice? Here are the two.

Sky With OEM Rear Spoiler
Resting on the deck lid looks "added" rather than integrated, yet looks nice.
I like it but I like "without" it just a little bit better.

Sky Without Rear OEM Spoiler

Solstice With OEM Rear Spoiler
I "flip" concerning the Solstice, thinking it's rear spoiler does it a little bit better.
But again, both look great.

Solstice Without OEM Rear Spoiler

Registered
You forgot to add the line 鈥淵ou can鈥檛 handle the truth!!鈥 馃嚭馃嚫
Boy I laughed at that line. I'm an old movie head and yes
a line from Jack err Col. Nathan R. Jessep would have been a good one here.
Voice over-
I run my unit how I run my unit. You want to investigate me, roll the dice and take your chances.
I eat breakfast 300 yards from 4000 Cubans who are trained to kill me, so don't think for one second that you can come down here, flash a badge, and make me nervous.
A very Big stick and an armored tank column too plus a cold shower- just say'n.
What do you want to ask me next- what's my favorite color is the fastest one too- Midnite Blue?

LAC

Registered
Since we are talking rear spoilers here....

Do you like what the rear OEM rear spoiler does for the Sky better than what the OEM rear spoiler does for the Solstice? Here are the two.

Sky With OEM Rear Spoiler
Resting on the deck lid looks "added" rather than integrated, yet looks nice.
I like it but I like "without" it just a little bit better.
View attachment 115139
Sky Without Rear OEM Spoiler
View attachment 115141

Solstice With OEM Rear Spoiler
I "flip" concerning the Solstice, thinking it's rear spoiler does it a little bit better.
But again, both look great.
View attachment 115142

Solstice Without OEM Rear Spoiler
View attachment 115143
Big difference. With or without. Sleeker body lines without it imo.
The Solstice is more of a lip- a tail attached to the rear bumper where as
the Sky version is more a wing or foil attached to the trunk lid.
Both are cool, no matter the version or model thereof.
U either have it or you don't. U can add one or not to both models.
Personal choice I guess. U could play around with Photoshop and
experiment with different versions to see before hand. When u do buy
u get what you pay for unless you search very hard and then the choices
might become limited for your personal tastes.

LAC

Registered
I guess I鈥檓 influenced from when my Dad brought home a Pantera in the early 70鈥檚, it鈥檚 lines to me futuristic and sexy. My dad left his Pantera unmolested, with the exception of curing its overheating/running hot problems.
During its evolution more was added to the original style and to me, more didn鈥檛 equate to better. A wing was added amongst other add-ons. I just appreciated the purity of its original design. I feel the same way about the Sky.
I鈥檓 not saying I鈥檓 right and respect your opinion if you disagree. Just explaining my reasoning.

Registered
Since you asked for an opinion.... I think it looks 'tacky' and significantly detracts from the looks of the car. I would probably avoid buying a car with a rear wing like that but thats my personal taste only.

Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Installed finally... Tell me first. Then I'll tell you what I think...
Personally, not my taste but I agree with the others, if you like it, that's all that matters. When I went looking for a sky I had a specific list of what I did and did not want. #1 on the list was "unmolested" 100% stock Sky's are becoming more and more rare.

Registered
It seems everyone wants praise for what they do to their car....it doesn't work that way in real life. Grow up!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #35
forward on the trunk lid as well, when compared to the stock version.
I'm unhappy with it so far forward. Tomorrow I'm going to ask the team to reinstall.
eh. It might be time to go with a more professional shop. It took those guys 4 weeks
to complete the job.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #36
spoiler not for me Emm,but i love your big mirrors.how do you like driving
with them over the small stock mirrors.i love my mirrors and like my factory spoiler. 馃槑 (y)馃嚚馃嚘
Yes. I'm happy with the big mirrors. Regarding the spoiler... my car has the Opel theme I was looking for a feature to make the car look different. But look stock.

I purchased side skirts too - but the guys couldn't figure out how to put them on.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #37
Personally, not my taste but I agree with the others, if you like it, that's all that matters. When I went looking for a sky I had a specific list of what I did and did not want. #1 on the list was "unmolested" 100% stock Sky's are becoming more and more rare.
You'll like that the engine is completely stock. No cold air intake or painted valve covers.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #38
It seems everyone wants praise for what they do to their car....it doesn't work that way in real life. Grow up!
I didn't want praise. I wanted to see if anyone noticed the install was bad. It's 25 millimeters too far forward.
It has to be reinstalled.

Registered
I didn't want praise. I wanted to see if anyone noticed the install was bad. It's 25 millimeters too far forward.
It has to be reinstalled.
It does need to be farther back. Here's the other photos that the new owner of my car sent. And get rid of the stupid OnStar antenna while you're repainting it for the third time. 馃嵒

Attachments

Registered
Aesthetically I don't like it. Too big. It makes the car look sort of generic, hiding the characterisric double hump. I would prefer a smaller one or none at all.

Does it improve handling at least?

21 - 40 of 69 Posts