Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know some of you are curious to see numbers ... here you go:

2007 Saturn Sky 2.4L 5 speed manual(3000 miles)

Stock Rating (GMpowertrain.com):
177 HP @ 6600 RPM
166 lb-ft @ 4800 RPM

Stock Tested (DynoJet 248C):
145 HP @ 5800 RPM
145 lb-ft @ 4900 RPM

MagnaFlow Equiped (DynoJet 248C):
152 HP @ 5800 RPM
151 HP @ 4800 RPM

Peak Gains:
Horsepower: 7
Torque: 6 lb-ft

Max Gains: (cursor on dyno)
Horsepower: 14
Torque: 11 lb-ft

·
Super Moderator
11,550 Posts
Loving the sound of this exhaust guys! Very nice!

For those interested in it...

<Content removed by moderation staff.>

(got the link off the Sol Forums...I'm assuming a supported vender there is okay to post here)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Robotech said:
(got the link off the Sol Forums...I'm assuming a supported vender there is okay to post here)
Technically no, since the two forums are independent of each other.

Which reminds me, you need to poke your people btlfed1500 about becoming Supporters here. :D

·
Super Moderator
11,550 Posts
brentil said:

Which reminds me, you need to poke your people btlfed1500 about becoming Supporters here. :D
Did not know that...thanks for the info. I'll give them a buzz about that. I'm willing to bet they think the same thing I did.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brentil said:

Handled!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Robotech said:
Sweet...

Hey Btlfed, you think you guys would have time to add that second tip tomorrow morning if I get this valance taken care of tonight? :)
I could schedule you next week but we book all appointments at least a week in advance for all development. Please feel free to contact myself or Gabe to facilitate getting the dual fitment completed. We are as excited as you are. The dual dual wil have a truely unique appeal.

We will be looking to release pricing and avialability of the dual and single Sky kits when our sponsorship has formalized.

·
Super Moderator
11,550 Posts
I left a message on Gabe's line today so when he gets back to me we'll set that up. I just don't want to drive around with a big friggen hole in the back of my vallance waiting to get it done, you know? LOL

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Robotech said:
I just don't want to drive around with a big friggen hole in the back of my vallance waiting to get it done, you know? LOL
Two holes, two pipes. Duh! Isn't it obvious?

:smash: A hack saw, some duct tape, and some PVC from Home Depot and you should be good to go!

·
Super Moderator
11,550 Posts
jdigiant said:
Two holes, two pipes. Duh! Isn't it obvious?

:smash: A hack saw, some duct tape, and some PVC from Home Depot and you should be good to go!
Uhhhhhhhhhhh....

...no.

I'm thinking more along the lines of an X-acto blade in a soldering iron and the tip from Magnaflow.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Robotech said:
I'm thinking more along the lines of an X-acto blade in a soldering iron and the tip from Magnaflow.
If it was me, I'd use a roto-zip to rough it out, then follow that up with a grinder in a dremel to smooth it off. Keep it at low RPM to keep from melting the plastic.

Hey, you get to see mine up-close-and-personal on Sunday, so maybe you should wait until then anyway if you can't schedule the tip. Bring along a sheet of cardboard and a marker and some scissors and you can cut a template by tracing my hole...

·
Super Moderator
11,550 Posts
jdigiant said:
Bring along a sheet of cardboard and a marker and some scissors and you can cut a template by tracing my hole...
That sounds bad.

But I'll bring some cardboard and a marker anyway. The reason I say X-acto and soldiering iron is I am worried about the complex corners and having the sucker get away from me. (If you only knew how I worked.) I can get a close cut with the x-acto setup and then finish with a sander/grinder in a dremel.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Robotech said:
That sounds bad.

But I'll bring some cardboard and a marker anyway. The reason I say X-acto and soldiering iron is I am worried about the complex corners and having the sucker get away from me. (If you only knew how I worked.) I can get a close cut with the x-acto setup and then finish with a sander/grinder in a dremel.
You are not trying to turn out the product in mass quantities. Slow and steady wins the race. Use the X-acto to score, the iron to cut and the dremel to knock off the rough spots and produce an exact opening to copy the other side.

·
Super Moderator
11,550 Posts
Maverick...I'm thinking more of the X-acto blade IN the soldering Iron. Like a "hot knife" through plastic sort of thing. Then cleaning up that mess with a dremel to make it look just like the other side.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts