Saturn Sky Forum banner

Magnaflow Exhaust Update Please?

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  SWTSKY 
#1 ·
Hey, anybody seen or heard any news about the Magnaflow Dual Exhaust for the Sky? Haven't seen anything in the threads lately. Wish! Wish!

#4 ·
The MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust that they put on your car as a test looks and sounds great, and has me thinking I would like to get that installed on my car when it is out. However, I wonder what impact such a modification has on any GM warranties, especially drive train or other engine warranties.

#5 ·
it won't void any warranties.

The only thing you need to worry about is cops, at least in California anyway. They will ticket you or use it as an excuse to pull you over, even if you tell them its legal they don't care. I think they are just jealous of cool looking cars.

#6 ·
MagnaFlow Info

Went to my local speed shop (MAS) the other day. They called Magnaflow with a part # I got for it off a web site I found. Single Exhaust last two #'s is 47 and the dual quad exhaust part # is 64. Like 16664 or something. They told MAS they had no price yet and that it will be available 3rd week Sept. I also got a part # for the rear facit for the red line exhaust exit from my dealer but part is not yet available. Part #'s means it's almost here.

#7 ·
sky looney said:
Went to my local speed shop (MAS) the other day. They called Magnaflow with a part # I got for it off a web site I found. Single Exhaust last two #'s is 47 and the dual quad exhaust part # is 64. Like 16664 or something. They told MAS they had no price yet and that it will be available 3rd week Sept. I also got a part # for the rear facit for the red line exhaust exit from my dealer but part is not yet available. Part #'s means it's almost here.
whats the part # for the rear facia?

#8 ·
Did they order a new rear lower facia for the quad tips?

#9 ·
SKYRCKET said:
Did they order a new rear lower facia for the quad tips?
he said the part wasn't available for order yet, my dealer said the same thing but... he says he has a part # which is more than my dealer had. What I really want to know is cost!

#10 ·
usmc said:
he said the part wasn't available for order yet, my dealer said the same thing but... he says he has a part # which is more than my dealer had. What I really want to know is cost!
I agree USMC, I'm waiting to hear the cost also so I can make up my mind between cutting my own hole (as jdigiant), or buy a new facia. I have a sneeky suspecion that it is going to be an expensive piece of fiberglass.

Larry

#11 ·
longwaitlarry said:
I agree USMC, I'm waiting to hear the cost also so I can make up my mind between cutting my own hole (as jdigiant), or buy a new facia. I have a sneeky suspecion that it is going to be an expensive piece of fiberglass.

Larry

I'm with ya on that! I don't even think its fiberglass... its just about 1.50 worth of plastic. :jester:

#12 ·
usmc said:
I'm with ya on that! I don't even think its fiberglass... its just about 1.50 worth of plastic. :jester:
Just for the heck of it, I'll guess between $210.00 and $250.00. Probably won't be far off.

Larry

#14 ·
Robotech said:
The new lower facia will be the one off the Redline. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it will probably be about as much as the current one and made out of the same material.

I cut mine like John did.
Robotech........Do you have any idea off hand what the regular Sky facia costs? Maybe SkySpy would know.

Larry

#15 ·
longwaitlarry said:
Robotech........Do you have any idea off hand what the regular Sky facia costs? Maybe SkySpy would know.

Larry
When I had mine in the body shop for repairs they could only replace the stock facia. It was listed as $190.00

#16 ·
Seagull said:
When I had mine in the body shop for repairs they could only replace the stock facia. It was listed as $190.00
thats less than I was expecting... hope it doesn't change much for the RL version. Heck, it should be cheaper since it has an extra hole in it therefore less plastic! :jester:

#19 ·
Robotech said:
The new lower facia will be the one off the Redline. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it will probably be about as much as the current one and made out of the same material.

I cut mine like John did.
So are you gonna stick with the stock fascia with the manual cut, or are you going to replace it with the Red Line part? I'm sticking with mine as is and consider it "more than adequate." What do you think? Worth two hundred bucks and the hassle?

#20 ·
How does the facisa look close up? the pics look great! What did they cut it with? How long did it take them? Do they have instructions?

#21 ·
SKYRCKET said:
How does the facisa look close up? the pics look great! What did they cut it with? How long did it take them? Do they have instructions?
It turned out really well. They rounded the edges and everything. I was concerned about the internal structure supporting it, but with the way it is attached it's not going to be a problem. You have to get on your hands and knees, look at it real close - and then it still looks fine. You only notice a difference if you look at the right, then the left, then the right again - moving back and forth on your hands and knees or on a sled under the car.

I don't plan to do that, so it's fine by me. Lots of other things to spend two hundred bucks on besides replacing a part that looks fine...

My thread on the hole, with links to the entire project...

#22 ·
jdigiant said:
It turned out really well. They rounded the edges and everything. I was concerned about the internal structure supporting it, but with the way it is attached it's not going to be a problem. You have to get on your hands and knees, look at it real close - and then it still looks fine. You only notice a difference if you look at the right, then the left, then the right again - moving back and forth on your hands and knees or on a sled under the car.

I don't plan to do that, so it's fine by me. Lots of other things to spend two hundred bucks on besides replacing a part that looks fine...

My thread on the hole, with links to the entire project...
John, why don't you make a durable template out of plastic, patent the darn thing, and sell it on the forum for those of us that have more money than sense. LOL

Actually, if it came with detailed instructions I'd probably buy one.

Larry

#23 ·
Checked out your past threads....Man they look great:thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.