Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
24203 Pontiac Solstice / Saturn Sky 2.4L

This converter is specifically formulated for maximum performance with a budget in mind. Our parts uses all OEM connections and will fit any aftermarket parts using OEM connections, including shorty headers and cat-back exhaust systems. This is an OBDII Compliant 49 state legal part.

Our new converter fits the following applications:
2006-2007 Pontiac Solstice 2.4L
2007 Saturn Sky 2.4L

These cats have shown that they will flow 325-330 CFM vs the stock 275-280 CFM. Our 400 cell density (compared to the stock 600 cell density) substrate will allow for nearly a 20% improvement in cold flow. This is good enough to produce a solid 3 rwhp ins a bone stock car and upto 5 with other exhasut modifications.

Contact your local dealer and/or board sponsor for pricing. These parts should be on the market under $190.

·
Registered
70 Posts
MagnaFlow Doesn't Have A Quality Sound

I heard a Solstice with the MagnaFlow catback on it and it is MUCH louder than stock and it didn't have a quality sound to it. It sounded like a Chevy Colorado pickup truck with a hole in the muffler.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I heard a Solstice with the MagnaFlow catback on it and it is MUCH louder than stock and it didn't have a quality sound to it. It sounded like a Chevy Colorado pickup truck with a hole in the muffler.
Indeed you are in the minority, but still entitled to your opinion ... might want to keep your posts relivant to the subject.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Question

I have a question about the exhaust clip you have for the Sky vs. the Clips you have for the Solstice. They sound different to me. The solstice clip sounds better to my ear.... shouldn;t they sound the same?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well hmmm... Surprise Surprise, can't even get an answer from Magnavox on their own thread! Yuo know, I emailed magnaflow a few times trying to get this question answered and well, that was a couple of weeks ago... no time to answer emails I assume? Well, if the exhaust sounds as rattle-ly as the clip does, I think I'll pass.....:confused: :rolleyes: :rant:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well hmmm... Surprise Surprise, can't even get an answer from Magnavox on their own thread! Yuo know, I emailed magnaflow a few times trying to get this question answered and well, that was a couple of weeks ago... no time to answer emails I assume? Well, if the exhaust sounds as rattle-ly as the clip does, I think I'll pass.....:confused: :rolleyes: :rant:
You might want to post questions regarding something on topic or relivant threads ... we are not going to be looking for internet feedback for cat-backs on a thread dedicated to high flow cats. Quite honestly, don't you think you should offer more than 14 mins to respond. Your post was 11:20am and your rant was 11:34am ... we don;t monitor the internet as fucntion of sales. Feel free to call one of my staff @ 800-990-0905 for technical details.

Lastly, You don't need to buy what you don't like. Each has their own opinion about what they like in an exhaust note. To each his own.

·
Registered
141 Posts
good enough.... how about the emails though? Might as well try somewhere on this forum since you wouldn;t give me an answer back anyway.:rolleyes: :chill:

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
First off, highly interested in the cat...mmmm...and for that price very cheap. Are they CARB compliant? (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE)

As for the exhaust, I really need to hear the clip Magnaflow has. My system here at work has no sound so I can't see it here and my home system is slow as heck. However, I can tell you I love the sound of it (that's my car on their site) especially the dual exhaust. I'll try to download it later and get back to you on the Magnaflow exhaust thread about how much different I think the recording vs. real life is. I can tell you that I've heard the Kappasphere exhaust and it sounds very much like the single outlet Magnaflow.

Is it louder than stock? Yes...but that IS one of the tradeoffs with going with almost any aftermarket exhaust. I've yet to hear one that produces the same level of sound that a stock exhaust does.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good enough.... how about the emails though? Might as well try somewhere on this forum since you wouldn;t give me an answer back anyway.:rolleyes: :chill:
My sales staff sees between 150-200 e-mails daily. We are an international company who services both end consumers and our distribution network. It does take time, but anyways if you need an expedited answer to something feel free to PM me and I will happily answer your questions.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thank you.:cheers:

·
Registered
128 Posts
First off, highly interested in the cat...mmmm...and for that price very cheap. Are they CARB compliant? (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE)

As for the exhaust, I really need to hear the clip Magnaflow has. My system here at work has no sound so I can't see it here and my home system is slow as heck. However, I can tell you I love the sound of it (that's my car on their site) especially the dual exhaust. I'll try to download it later and get back to you on the Magnaflow exhaust thread about how much different I think the recording vs. real life is. I can tell you that I've heard the Kappasphere exhaust and it sounds very much like the single outlet Magnaflow.

Is it louder than stock? Yes...but that IS one of the tradeoffs with going with almost any aftermarket exhaust. I've yet to hear one that produces the same level of sound that a stock exhaust does.
I Absolutely love the sound of the Magnaflow system especially the dual, I also would love to know if this will be compliant or not I am interested and I dont even have any idea when I am getting my sky :lol: :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts