Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
For those searching for the dual outlet look that is perfect for the car ...

Here you go:

We have taken our stylish dual tip outlet and mirrored it to the other side. We will be offering both single out dual tip and dual outlet quad tips for this application.

We will have sales data adn availability shortly.

Thanks Robotech for use fo the car ... ENJOY!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey btlfed1500 any word when that will be available? Is that a catback or a full system?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
migg750 said:
Hey btlfed1500 any word when that will be available? Is that a catback or a full system?
From a development point of view this system is ready to roll. We still however need to wrap up packaging and final cost roll before i can say it is completely "ready."

This is a cat-back ... not so sure what you mean by full system. We mate at the lower flange on the catalyst and work from there to the tips.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
More info please...................................:willy: I love it

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looks great :thumbs: , might be the system I am looking for to put on my Mallett Sky.

Is that a custom cut on the rear or did you get one intended for the Factory Turbo?

·
Registered
248 Posts
btlfed1500 said:
From a development point of view this system is ready to roll. We still however need to wrap up packaging and final cost roll before i can say it is completely "ready."

This is a cat-back ... not so sure what you mean by full system. We mate at the lower flange on the catalyst and work from there to the tips.

By full system I meant connecting from the headers pre cat- I spoke to a guy in Miami a mechanic who told me that he installed a Magna Flow dual exhaust on a Solstice. It came with a Cat and connected to the motor. Sounded real good too. I was just a bit confused since I was under the impression that Magna flow hadnt done anything yet for the Sky/Solstice. He could b confused too but OH WELL Ill just wait for the one u r showing.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
CyaL8r said:
Is that a custom cut on the rear or did you get one intended for the Factory Turbo?
Thanks MagnaFlow for a SWEET looking and sounding exhaust. The tone actually changed a bit with the second set of tips...sounds darker for lack of a better term.

I cut the valance myself. It looks best from about 10 feet away or more. LOL I started with a die grinder and cutting wheel but then my quick connect on the air hose broke. Of course, since the hole was already there and just needed to be cleaned up I couldn't stop there. I wound up having to use a drill with a sanding drum chucked in it then clean up work with a very small dremmel. The drill was not the best tool for the job and slipped a couple times so I have marks on the valance but, again, from 10 feet away you can't see them. I'll get a Redline or aftermarket valance at some point in time but it looks okay for now. At least it is the right shape.

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
her sky said:
will this be available in canada. still waiting:mad:
While I don't know for certain I'd imagine that if you can get MagnaFlow products in Canada now then it will be available to you. Understand though that these pictures were posted while I was driving back from their shop once they had put them on...so it's REALLY new. LOL

Oh, and found this on MagnaFlow's web site...kind of cool...video with sound of the exhaust system (single outlet dual tip).

http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/sportsound/07sky.html

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'll take that for my Red Line for sure. Quad tips look great and help to break up the boat tail shape to the rear end.

..but it's still a four banger will always sound like a four banger.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
Looking at those headers you'd have the same restrictions that you do with the stock exhaust...mainly that you'd have to cut the exhaust and mate it to either the headers or the relocated CAT...

Which, in CA I know, relocating the CAT is an automatic fail for smog.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
theirishgonzo said:
will ther be a exhast for the redline too?
Yes. It wil have the same general appearance BUT of course the muffler internals and front pipe orientation will differ.

·
Registered
325 Posts
An "offroad" cat delete down pipe would be awesome by the way!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts