Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been keeping on eye on when they would come out. If you checked availiblity on the single exhaust early this week it said the 14th. Now it has 46 there!!!!

Click on the dual it says the 21st...if they hold to form a cat back dual will be there next Thursday!!! Hoping it is.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Well I have been keeping on eye on when they would come out. If you checked availiblity on the single exhaust early this week it said the 14th. Now it has 46 there!!!!

Click on the dual it says the 21st...if they hold to form a cat back dual will be there next Thursday!!! Hoping it is.

are you talking about the catback?

it tells me to call a 1-800 number when I click availability

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I am on the single it says 46 are there, on the dual it said the 21st well it did earlier today...

Now I get a web page error on both Check Availability buttons :banghead: , I celebrated to early it seems.

Back to the wait I guess

·
Registered
420 Posts
I got the page error as well.

LOL...we must have broken it with all our page hits.

But seriously, if you saw it say the 21st, then I hope they stick to that.

As Jar Jar Binks would say, "Meesa going go craaazy iffen they don't hurry!"

·
Registered
323 Posts
Same things I heard this week....

Yep, I saw the 46 yesterday on the single 16647 but the dual 16664 was "------"....

I recieved a reply e-mail from a large Magnaflow web dealer today from a request earlier this week:

"Hello Rob,
The single Dual tip is in stock....The dual Quad Tip is coming shortly (not yet released from Magnaflow)...Would you like to be notified upon release of the Quad system? Anticipated ship date is currently the 29th of this month... Your price will be in the 500 range for the system..."

Let's see....September 29 at the store...order placed October 1st....delivery around October 7th....install around October 10th....first snow forecasted October 11th.

I really dislike Wisconsin some years....decades....lifetimes....:leaving:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ordered the single / dual tip Friday...delivered TODAY!

Order placed on 9/15 at night, shipped Monday 9/18 and received today 9/20 (free shipping from the web store!!!). Great packaging!!! Tons of form-fitted foam and bubble wrap around the polished muffler and exhaust tips.

The kit is really, really simple (if you have a means of lifting the car). I estimate my shop will take only 20 minutes to install. It's basically a couple of bolts, 3 clamps, and that's all!

Here are the pics of the non-installed parts. The exhaust tip is about 1 inch wider than the rectangular stock tip. The tip is offset on the outside for balance compared to the fascia.

I'll post tomorrow after 2 PM when I have it completed.:cheers: :cool:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,619 Posts
That looks familiar! LOL You're going to love that. Believe it or not, with a couple of ramps you could do that yourself and save you some money Trust me, this stuff isn't hard.

Yesterday I just put an engine back in my Grand Prix...in 40 minutes...first time I've ever done it. Just over a year ago changing plugs and oil was the max of my abilities. An exhaust would be cake if you're even the slightest bit mechanically inclined.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Order placed on 9/15 at night, shipped Monday 9/18 and received today 9/20 (free shipping from the web store!!!). Great packaging!!! Tons of form-fitted foam and bubble wrap around the polished muffler and exhaust tips.

The kit is really, really simple (if you have a means of lifting the car). I estimate my shop will take only 20 minutes to install. It's basically a couple of bolts, 3 clamps, and that's all!

Here are the pics of the non-installed parts. The exhaust tip is about 1 inch wider than the rectangular stock tip. The tip is offset on the outside for balance compared to the fascia.

I'll post tomorrow after 2 PM when I have it completed.:cheers: :cool:
I too am in Wisconsin and share your "early winter" fears. :mad: What sort of shop are you going through to order the Magnaflow parts and have them installed.

·
Registered
323 Posts
That looks familiar! LOL You're going to love that. Believe it or not, with a couple of ramps you could do that yourself and save you some money Trust me, this stuff isn't hard.

Yesterday I just put an engine back in my Grand Prix...in 40 minutes...first time I've ever done it. Just over a year ago changing plugs and oil was the max of my abilities. An exhaust would be cake if you're even the slightest bit mechanically inclined.
I looked at ramps and feared the incline / low ground clearance would be an issue. I figure 6 ft. in the air will be much easier (though afew bucks out of my pocket).

As for my dual CAI, it went MIA from Saturn Motorsports. I know they had a backorder...hopefully it will be soon. That one will be a 20 minute install by yours truly.:thumbs:

·
Registered
323 Posts
I too am in Wisconsin and share your "early winter" fears. :mad: What sort of shop are you going through to order the Magnaflow parts and have them installed.
The kit I ordered through a Magnaflow dealer (hottexhaust.com - please webmaster, do not punish me if I revealed something I should not have...:eek: )

They had it for $488 less a 6% immediate discount (for no reason). Then, John Grohovaz in Sales e-mailed me back that SkyRoadster forum members get ANOTHER discount. Don't know it yet, but he said he'll get it back to my credit card shortly. Great service!!!:thumbs:

Free shipping, ordered last Friday night and received today (Wednesday) - fastest free shiping I have ever seen!!!:willy::cheers:

BTW, I love your AVATAR - I did not go to the University but am a proud grad of Marquette University High School just up Wisconsin Ave a few blocks. My folks are MU alumni (I settled for lowly UW-Whitewater).

Golden Eagles? Golden Arches? Gold?? It gives me a headache thinking about that mess!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like the dual will be the 27th and be $1023.09 or ...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I am car stupid. I am curious about the dual exhaust and cai just wondering if it would give me that little extra to get out of the way of the aggressive drivers here in ATL.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Looks like the dual will be the 27th and be $1023.09 or ...

I just got off the phone with their customer support-- they said MSRP = 869.00. I think thats a little to high for my tastes.

I really wanted a catback over just changing out the muffler but I may reconsider now.

how much HP difference can the bends in the pipes make on a 4cyl sky?

my guess is 1-2

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I just got off the phone with their customer support-- they said MSRP = 869.00. I think thats a little to high for my tastes.

I really wanted a catback over just changing out the muffler but I may reconsider now.

how much HP difference can the bends in the pipes make on a 4cyl sky?

my guess is 1-2
I agree. You'd have to put a pretty serious kink in the tubing to offset the gain of replacing the stock muffler with a more free-flowing one. My quad conversion cost just over $400. Looks and sounds great.

·
Registered
877 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Got my Magnaflow single / dual tip installed today with my garage guys in 35 minutes. Install charge was a paltry $44.98.

If anyone out there is remotely thinking about a new sound, DO IT!!!!! This thing sounds awesome and has much more 2nd gear power than before.

I pulled 2 redline shifts (6500 / 6300 in 1st / 2nd before hitting 5,000 in 3rd at 70 MPH on the highway tonight.

The entire time all I heard was GROOOOOWWWWWLLLLLLLLL.:thumbs: :cool: :thumbs: :cool:

I cannot wait for my dual CAI. I may end cancelling my RL order since this is so much more fun!!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,619 Posts
Told you that you'd like it. And adding the second tip deepens it even more. Has a whole new sound to it on the road. If you think it is a kick now, wait until the ECM relearns the exhaust. Also, and this may be me, but around 7,500 miles it seems the engine really woke up. Seems like I have more umph now than I did before. Dang butt dyno isn't the best but it sure feels better now.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts