Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAS ANYONE TAKEN A GOOD LOOK AT THE PAINT TRIM AROUND THE FRONT WINDSHIELDS OF THE SKY AND SOLSTICE??????????????

ITS ALWAYS "SILVER" NO MATTER WHAT COLOR YOUR CAR IS!

HOW CAN THIS BE? IS THIS A MAJOR DEFECT LET GO BY pontiac and saturn???

If I have a red SKY I dont want the paint trim around the windshield to be "SILVER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you all want the PAINT trim to match the color of your SKY or SOLSTICE I recommend getting either car in SILVER!!!!

Thants the only way IT SEEMS!

·
Registered
389 Posts
REDSKY said:
HAS ANYONE TAKEN A GOOD LOOK AT THE PAINT TRIM AROUND THE FRONT WINDSHIELDS OF THE SKY AND SOLSTICE??????????????

If I have a red SKY I dont want the paint trim around the windshield to be "SILVER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you all want the PAINT trim to match the color of your SKY or SOLSTICE I recommend getting either car in SILVER!!!!

It is not a paint problem, but the style the designers have chosen. I for one really like it. Makes these cars stand out from all the other cars on the road.
I guess you could have the dealer paint your trim but through my artist eyes that would make the car look really bland.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Look up pictures of the Audi S4. Same thing and that is a $100,000 (Cdn) vehicle. I think it looks classy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
REDSKY said:
saturn???
QUOTE]

You may want to get your keyboard looked at - the '?' and '!' keys are sticking.:jester:

The new Thunderbird has a chrome trim around the windshield.
Personally I like it on the SKY - think it looks good on the midnight blue car that was posted from the auto shows.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I don't mind it but with a Red Sky and a tan roof with Tan and Black interior and then throw in the Silver it is a lot of colours. Looks like someone couldn't commit!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
REDSKY said:

This isn't a problem, the reason it is this way is all the framework is assembled first and then all painted the same color, the body panels are painted seperately and then assembled onto the frame later.... If you don;t like it silver then have you dealer's body shop paint it the same color as the car, remember though you will also need to paint the siver behind the passenger compartment or it will look out of place...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'm one that think it looks good that way also, makes the car really standout, and with my midnight blue with painted wheels to match ummmmmmm. I think my "m" key is stuck:lol: :cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
For keyboard sticking keys I recommand a good can of Pepsi poured into the keyboard to flush out all the little vermin that are underneath the board. Preferably with the computer on. It always works for me.:lol: :lol: Skip...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Man...Chill! That's a lot of yelling over a very minor issue. Think about using small caps. every now and then will you. You might well blow a head gasket if you ever hear "the Kappa clunk", but that's OK too. Really!:cheers:

·
Registered
38 Posts
REDSKY said:
Just like everyone else says, it's normal for manufactureres to have the paint trim on convertible A pillars a different color. Look at many of them on the market and you will see many that are like that.

Same thing was on my 2000 S2000, except Honda chose Black for the trim color. Now, I don't know if the Sky will be like the S2000, as on the S...it wasn't actually painted Black. It was some sort of protective tape that you could peel off to get to the actual car color below. However, many people damaged their trim by pulling the tape off....

·
Registered
411 Posts
I just want to say for the record that CHIP, SKIP & NIGHTTRIP are Freeking Hilarious

oh, and Johnny(5) too

:brentil:LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang it! muh keyboards stuck now too
:banghead:!!!!!!!!! :banghead:!!!!!!!!

--> I have nuthing productive to add to this Blog <--

·
Registered
411 Posts
Oh,... Wait, I do,...

||
\/

If I were to buy this car in any color but Silver Pearl or Graphite.

I would need to paint the Trim to match. Fo-Real!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Automakers are starting to make winshield surrounds silver or black to make them stand out from the rest of the paint on the car. If you are under 40 you won't know this, but old convertibles often had nice gleaming chrome windshield surrounds to make them look sporty or because they just were not worth the effort to paint. Of course, that was back in the day when all it had to do was hold the windshield, and was not expected to hold up in a rollover crash.

There is an MX5 model that has a silver windhield surround. The Mini convertible has a black windshield surround.

You either like it or you don't. I like it. You can paint yours.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
My old Triumph TR3A had a removable windshield for weekend racing, 4 fasteners and you were ready to rock:thumbs:

It also had a hand crank so if the battery was to low for starter, you could turn it over and start it with the crank. It wasn't my idea of fun, but it savesd but on more then one occasion!:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
68 Posts
First off I'd like to say I totally agree with your post. & 2nd I wouldn't want any aftermarket paint job on my pride & joy. I think the whole idea is beyond belief.
And as one of the dumbass's that has waited to drive one before ordering it. Let me say this. Pass me the chilli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Skip said:
For keyboard sticking keys I recommand a good can of Pepsi poured into the keyboard to flush out all the little vermin that are underneath the board. Preferably with the computer on. It always works for me.:lol: :lol: Skip...
I'm a little worried about that kitty. Is it dead?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of this? Are we referring to fake chrome trim, that is silver paint rather than chrome? Example please..

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
boots said:
I'm a little worried about that kitty. Is it dead?
No the kitty-kitty is not dead, it just stayed up all nite long catting around. It was hungry and fell asleep. Don't worry. The mices woke it up. :lol: :cool: Skip...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
wakebord99 said:
Does anyone have a pic of this? Are we referring to fake chrome trim, that is silver paint rather than chrome? Example please..
Referring to the trim around the windscreen. It is silver and is part of the frame in case of rollover.Skip...:cheers:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts