Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Sky this week as soon as the image was available my Dealer Put it through. He talked about it coming real soon 3-4 weeks from order acceptance. I live in DuPage County Illinois and we still have plenty of winter left. I told I don't need the car and it is just going to sit in my garage in the winter. I said I would be willing to leave it in his showroom with conditions till at least the middle of March. I will pay for it, it will be roped off, no test rides, no one sitting in it. It will do what it was designed to do, bring traffic into the dealership. This is not out of the goodness of my heart that I will do this. First off keeping one as a demo is at least 25k on his floorplan. Letting me driveoff when it arrives eliminates the buzz of a "Come see the Saturn Sky we have one in stock" campaign to build traffic in the store. How much is that worth for a month or two, the enviromental package ( Got to protect it while it stays on the lot) free scheduled maintenance for a few years. I would think this would be very cheap use of advertising budget. Get back some of your pain and suffering waiting to order your car.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am sort of on the same page with you! I have to leave my Sky in for a month as well when it arrives and while that is okay with me, I still find myself thinking "What are you going to do for me?" I say at least one-two year(s) of free scheduled maintenance would make me happy! After all this car WILL being business in and will bring the $$$ to the dealership and interest in Saturn (customers will be like wow Saturn is going a new direction and we like it)!! Am I selfish in thinking or even requesting this service?

·
Registered
3 Posts
if they told me i have to leave it ,then i'd want alot more $$$$...if i didn't have anywhere to put it then that would be another story..(i would take whatever they would give me)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I think I'd want a bit of maintenance -- it sounds reasonable...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Bad idea!

I think you will be sorry. What are the chances of it getting scratched in your garage? Much better chance of it being damaged by people who are "just looking". They may tell you roped off, but I bet they will let prospective buyers open and close the hood and rear clamshell to show how the top works. Real care is needed when you close that rear clamshell. It's not worth the little you will be geting from the dealer, but it is your call. Good luck!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Chip said:
I think you will be sorry. What are the chances of it getting scratched in your garage? Much better chance of it being damaged by people who are "just looking". They may tell you roped off, but I bet they will let prospective buyers open and close the hood and rear clamshell to show how the top works. Real care is needed when you close that rear clamshell. It's not worth the little you will be geting from the dealer, but it is your call. Good luck!
i must agree with you....
no body will take better care of it than you.... even if they say they will have ropes.... (i dont belive that a sales man will tell a customer that preordered not to sit on it)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I agree. I was allowed to jump the barrier and sit in one of the prototypes months ago. what if that was your sky I was sitting in? and someone on the forum said those 10 or so orig protoypes that were travelling the country were 250k$$ each!!! I don't know if thats true but I'm sure they weren't 23690.00

1 - 7 of 7 Posts