20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LS2 under the hood (Sol).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Nice photochop. :lol:

I know it's a photochop, because there are many elements in the photochop you uploaded that are specific to the ecotec and would never have made the transition for the LS2 transplant.

Besides, the steering reservoir has magically disappeared... ;) Guess it doesn't need power steering anymore.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kappaman said:

I know it's a photochop, because there are many elements in the photochop you uploaded that are specific to the ecotec and would never have made the transition for the LS2 transplant.

Besides, the steering reservoir has magically disappeared... ;) Guess it doesn't need power steering anymore.
hehe :D

OK...u got me. thought it might be mildly entertaining to do :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kappaman said:

uuhhh...its steer by wire. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
swatthefly said:
TAR AND FEATHER HIM!

stupid getting my hopes up and everything.... :brentil:
sorry man...forum is getting a bit slow & i was bored. but dont worry...the Mallet conversion WILL happen as soon as the Sol starts shipping. theres no doubt about that. Mallet may already have one for all we know.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
PaulWall said:
hehe :D

OK...u got me. thought it might be mildly entertaining to do :lol:
Well, if you had talked to me, I could have helped you pull it off much better...

...good 4 a laugh, though...

·
Registered
62 Posts
As I've said before.. if Mallett DOESN'T have a fully functional LS2 solstice by now.. I would be very worried..

Think about it - Mallett has offered it up on his website and I quote "New for 2005 – Keep your eyes open for the latest adventure yet to come... V8 Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky!" to make such a claim and NOT have a complete car at this point would be irresponsible. Mallett has done an excellent job keeping this mystery car just that.. a mystery. But when he unveils it at the SEMA show, I will be there to validate this mystery car.

SEEEMMMAAAAA!!! WOOOOHHOOOO!! :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
PaulWall said:
sorry man...forum is getting a bit slow & i was bored. but dont worry...the Mallet conversion WILL happen as soon as the Sol starts shipping. theres no doubt about that. Mallet may already have one for all we know.
ah, dont worry... just got my hopes up then had them smashed. nice photoshop though! if you arent looking for the details, the overall picture could be believable!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
geerhed said:
As I've said before.. if Mallett DOESN'T have a fully functional LS2 solstice by now.. I would be very worried..
today Mallet sent me the Solstice V8 Specs & Contract (pdf).

im looking to get the Sky RL but who knows...i might get excited, and Malletize the base Sky, when i see what he comes out with at SEMA.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Does the specs show anything we don't already know about it? Since it is a PDF, any chance you could post it to the forum for us to check it over?

That is an awfully big down payment! Not sure I would put that kind of cash down without knowing for certain whether he actually has a running LS2 Solstice that is acceptable. I know many assume he does, because he has been making big claims. Just call me a pessimist, but if he had his first car completed, I think he would be more forthcoming with his plans, pictures, and details to help sell these things.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
sorry i cant--its a private invite. info. will be made public fairly soon though.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Just call me a pessimist, but if he had his first car completed, I think he would be more forthcoming with his plans, pictures, and details to help sell these things.
he doesnt want to show all his competition how he's doing it! exclusivity!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts