Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i know this is old news but i'm new to forum & to facts about these rides. was checking out some posts about the mallet conversion & the BMW Z8 roadster came to mind. its about same size as Sky/Sol roadster and has 394hp V8. its an example of a small roadster with big engine. personally im going with the RL turbo though.

BMW Z8 Specifications

General Info
Price: $128,000
Miles Per Gallon: 14/23 mpg
Curb Weight: 3494 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual

Engine
Type: V8
Displacement: 4941 cc
Horsepower: 394 bhp @ 6600 rpm
Torque: 369 lb-ft @ 3800 rpm
Redline: 7000 rpm

Wheels & Tires
18 x 8.0 in. rims (front)
P245/40ZR18 tires
18 x 9.5 in. rims (rear)
P275/35ZR18 tires

Dimensions
WheelBase 98.6 in
Length 172.2 in
Height 51.9 in
Width 72.1 in
Weight 3494 lbs
Front / Rear Track
F 61.1 in
R 61.7 in

Performance
0-60 mph: 4.2 sec
0-100 mph: 10.2 sec
Quarter Mile: 12.6 sec @ 112 mph
Skidpad: .92g
Top Speed: 155 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 116 ft
Slalom Speed: 61.3 mph
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
swatthefly said:
good eye!

the two have their differences, but they are similar in many ways. (especially if you have the LS2 in there)
looks like mallet version will be quicker than BMW though . compare curb weight, hp & torque of both cars. basically even except Z8 will be a couple hundred pound heavier than V8 Sky/Sol. but peformance of Z8 is good indicator of what to expect.

Performance
0-60 mph: 4.2 sec
0-100 mph: 10.2 sec
Quarter Mile: 12.6 sec @ 112 mph
Skidpad: .92g
Top Speed: 155 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 116 ft
Slalom Speed: 61.3 mph
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
PaulWall said:
looks like mallet version will be quicker than BMW though . compare curb weight, hp & torque of both cars. basically even except Z8 will be a couple hundred pound heavier than V8 Sky/Sol. but peformance of Z8 is good indicator of what to expect.

Performance
0-60 mph: 4.2 sec
0-100 mph: 10.2 sec
Quarter Mile: 12.6 sec @ 112 mph
Skidpad: .92g
Top Speed: 155 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 116 ft
Slalom Speed: 61.3 mph
BMW Z8
0-60 mph: 4.2 sec

YuhYeeeaaahhhh!!
Saturn SKY LS2 425hp: Upper 3's im guessing 3.8 sec.
since there's more HP and torque and alot less weight even with the edition of the LS2 engine. it doesn't add that much more than the ecotec engine.

although im probably gonna just go with redline at 253hp and mabey save a Hell of a load of cash and just up it to Like 300hp or more
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slade said:
BMW Z8
0-60 mph: 4.2 sec

YuhYeeeaaahhhh!!
Saturn SKY LS2 425hp: Upper 3's im guessing 3.8 sec.
since there's more HP and torque and alot less weight even with the edition of the LS2 engine.
no doubt...it should do under 4 secs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
PaulWall said:
i know this is old news but i'm new to forum & to facts about these rides. was checking out some posts about the mallet conversion & the BMW Z8 roadster came to mind. its about same size as Sky/Sol roadster and has 394hp V8. its an example of a small roadster with big engine. personally im going with the RL turbo though.
Indeed, good comment!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
I don't see the similarities, besides the obvious 2 door roadster w/ same color scheme. The back end is blocky on one and slopy on the other, etc, etc, etc...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
Love the comparisons! I'll stick with my SKY! Put the other $100,000 into my retirement!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
Love the comparisons! I'll stick with my SKY! Put the other $100,000 into my retirement!

yeah, or put that 100k into my bussiness's, Real Estate and other investments. then once profitable,.. buy more Sky's, different colors for each season..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
I’ll be sticking with the SKY. I might see what upgrades are available for the ECOTEC later but the cost of that still pales in comparison to complete power plant change.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top