Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm glad to say that our manager gave us our money back on our forced mandatory "options". My husband called the manager a few days after we bought the car after all the anger and frustration settled down. (For those of you who don't know- we were promised msrp with no added dealer options and at the last minute found out that there were $5,400 worth of options that we had to buy in order to get the car). Had talked to a few friends who happen to be lawyers and told us what to say. Husband told manager that we were unsatisfied with our sales experience and were misled. Also said it was illegal what they were doing by forcing us to buy options. If they didn't take off the options then we would go and file a complaint with the DMV investigator and GM corp. He was fighting us at first, but after hearing about the DMV thing he got silent and said he would refund our money on the options that we didn't want. We're talking $600 for polyshield coating, $800 for alarm, $400 for vehicle theft recovery (6 VIN# stickers that you put on your car). He said he didn't want any bad publicity. We are so happy that the manager did the right thing and keeping us happy loyal customers.

All you newbies out there, make sure you get everything in writing and signed. Our salesperson told us one thing, the manager told us one thing, and all we had was a computer printout of our order that the salesperson made which couldn't prove anything. If it had been signed by the salesperson then we could have said "see, she promised us this car with these options".

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Glad to hear that things finally worked out in the end even if it did take some arm twisting. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Great post !!! Perfect. You got it done, and did well.
Great education for all of us.
Hopefully your clean resolution will help others who face the same challenge.
Thanks for updating us.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice to hear the customer winning one. It'd be tough to walk away from the car and let someone else get it and I'm sure that's what some companies think. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Having a bit of issues as well

Not on the same level, but annoying none the less. Saturn of P..... in northern california. Was called by my salesmen telling me my order was placed and that I should expect delivery at the end of August.... walked in and found out they havent ordered the car yet.... quite upset. I was todl it was ordered about a month or so ago. Because I was quite angry they offered me the demo.... problem is the demo is not up to par. One salesmen already told me they lit the tires up.... they put aftermarket rims on it and told me they can't take them off even though they have the stock ones, there are 3 dents in the driver door, and has some options I dont want.... Im impatient to begin with and the problem is if they ordered today...I wouldn't see the car until Novemebr or Later..... Im so frustrated I might throw in the towel altogether and just forget it.... i wouldnt be happy with a different car so i may just keep what I have and get my deposit back. :mad: :banghead: :cuss: :nonod: :rant: :bs:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ken said:
Not on the same level, but annoying none the less. Saturn of P..... in northern california. Was called by my salesmen telling me my order was placed and that I should expect delivery at the end of August.... walked in and found out they havent ordered the car yet.... quite upset. I was todl it was ordered about a month or so ago. Because I was quite angry they offered me the demo.... problem is the demo is not up to par. One salesmen already told me they lit the tires up.... they put aftermarket rims on it and told me they can't take them off even though they have the stock ones, there are 3 dents in the driver door, and has some options I dont want.... Im impatient to begin with and the problem is if they ordered today...I wouldn't see the car until Novemebr or Later..... Im so frustrated I might throw in the towel altogether and just forget it.... i wouldnt be happy with a different car so i may just keep what I have and get my deposit back. :mad: :banghead: :cuss: :nonod: :rant: :bs:
Same thing happened to me. Was top on the dealers list with my deposit and told the car was ordered and would be 2-3 months. 2 months later I get the call to confirm my options for the order that they are placing. What? I thought my car was already ordered? The salesperson had no clue and thought the manager placed the order and was just as surprised as I was. So 2-3 months turned into 5 months. Was it worth the extra 2 months and the anxieties? It is soooo worth the wait! You won't regret it. It's like childbirth...As soon as you drive off the lot and get your first :thumbs: from someone and you have the wind blowing in your hair you forget about all the pain and suffering. Don't give up!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks Moni6.... Everyone around me is telling me to wait it out..... just soooo frustrating.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Awesome news, Moni6! Glad it worked out to your satisfaction!

Ken, wait it out. I got so frustrated during my 15 months of waiting that I started looking at Solaras and actually test drove a Hyundai Azera (wanted to see what I would be missing for my $27 Grand) because I couldn't take it any more. After all the tears, anxiety, and aggravation, I would go through it all again tomorrow if I had to. The payoff in the end is that great. The car is definitely worth suffering for.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
reedred said:
Awesome news, Moni6! Glad it worked out to your satisfaction!

Ken, wait it out. I got so frustrated during my 15 months of waiting that I started looking at Solaras and actually test drove a Hyundai Azera (wanted to see what I would be missing for my $27 Grand) because I couldn't take it any more. After all the tears, anxiety, and aggravation, I would go through it all again tomorrow if I had to. The payoff in the end is that great. The car is definitely worth suffering for.
:agree: :agree: 110%!!!!! All the worries and anxiety seem to drift away when you get in your SKY, turn the key and drive off the lot. It all seems so distant & trivial then. :thumbs: :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
God. lawyers do suck. (At least the Johnnie Cochran types do.) But they sure can help when you need the correct words!!!!!

Sure am glad the Sales Manager refunded your money. BUT, he didn't "do the right thing". He bought your silence and kept DMV off his butt. The LAST thing a dealership needs is any trouble with DMV. No license, NO DEALERSHIP! If the owner had to answer to the DMV, the SM would probably been "down the road".

The important lesson for others is if this is happening, or happened, to you contact your states DMV and see what they have to say about this. Each state is different. Moni6, a fish stinks from the head back. Think twice about their service department.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You listed $600. for coating, $800. for alarm, and $400 for vin stickers, thats $1800.00. What was the remainder of the overcharge of $5400.00 for ????

·
Registered
316 Posts
:D mark one up forthe good guys that being us

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
SKYBOYONE said:
You listed $600. for coating, $800. for alarm, and $400 for vin stickers, thats $1800.00. What was the remainder of the overcharge of $5400.00 for ????
They were trying to slam dunk her with a $3000 suspension kit, and a few more items as well. It was all listed in the original thread.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Ken said:
DON'T LET SOMEONE ELSE STEAL YOUR DREAM!! Go with the flow...but never recommend that dealer to anyone. :nono:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Saturn is very proud of it's high J.D.Powers customer satisfaction rating, as well as the internal ratings Saturn does on it's dearships. If anything is wrong with your order, just bring up that you will include ALL OF YOUR NEGATIVE FEELINGS in the survey they mail you after the sale and the one from J.D.Powers. I bet alot of items of concern are quickly fixed. Mine were dealt with nicely.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
TX-Sky said:
Saturn is very proud of it's high J.D.Powers customer satisfaction rating, as well as the internal ratings Saturn does on it's dearships. If anything is wrong with your order, just bring up that you will include ALL OF YOUR NEGATIVE FEELINGS in the survey they mail you after the sale anfd the one from J.D.Powers. I bet alot of items of concern are quickly fixed. Mine were dealt with nicely.
Excellent point :thumbs: . CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index) is a holy grail. I have seen salesmen go so far as to offer the customer "help" in filling out the survey for some sort of free service from the dealership. (NOT a Saturn store!)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Its been my experience that slimy car dealerships HATE being sued. They seem to cave faster than any other retail establishment. I say fight fire with fire. Just paying an attorney the $350 to write them a letter will have them eating out of your hand. They only prey on the weak, don't put up with it :nono:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts