Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry folks, but as I stated in the last post among all of the threads, I believe that we should all become the "Manifest Destiny SKY Spy Gang". Does it sound corny? Heck yeah... lol But check it out, when I thought of it, I thought I'm all the way over here in Los Angeles, couldn't get any more West, right? And some of you are all the way over there, on the East Coast, right? Well what I remember from school was that Manifest Destiny had to do with moving west in the states.... but when I looked it up just now, I read it and had a revelation: This is an American made car, yes? yes? And we're going for an all new look, ye? yes? Well check out the first explanation I looked up for "Manifest Destiny" and tell me this doesn't ring perfect:

No nation ever existed without some sense of national destiny or purpose.

Manifest Destiny -- a phrase used by leaders to explain continental expansion by the United States -- revitalized a sense of "mission" or national destiny for Americans.

The people of the United States felt it was their mission to extend the "boundaries of freedom".

But there were other forces and political agendas at work as well. As the population of the original 13 Colonies grew and the U.S. economy developed, the desire and attempts to expand into new land increased. For many colonists, land represented potential income, wealth, self-sufficiency and freedom. Expansion into the western frontiers offered opportunities for self-advancement.

Okay, so freedom and opportunity... isn't that what Saturn is offering? Isn't that what buying an American car should be about? Dang, Saturn should hire me for this stuff.... It's the perfect segway for a superbowl commercial I already thought of. Ya'll are gonna have to pay me to hear about it. Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Sorry folks, but as I stated in the last post among all of the threads, I believe that we should all become the "Manifest Destiny SKY Spy Gang". Does it sound corny? Heck yeah... lol But check it out, when I thought of it, I thought I'm all the way over here in Los Angeles, couldn't get any more West, right? And some of you are all the way over there, on the East Coast, right? Well what I remember from school was that Manifest Destiny had to do with moving west in the states.... but when I looked it up just now, I read it and had a revelation: This is an American made car, yes? yes? And we're going for an all new look, ye? yes? Well check out the first explanation I looked up for "Manifest Destiny" and tell me this doesn't ring perfect:

Manifest Destiny -- a phrase used by leaders to explain continental expansion by the United States -- revitalized a sense of "mission" or national destiny for Americans.

The people of the United States felt it was their mission to extend the "boundaries of freedom".

But there were other forces and political agendas at work as well. As the population of the original 13 Colonies grew and the U.S. economy developed, the desire and attempts to expand into new land increased. For many colonists, land represented potential income, wealth, self-sufficiency and freedom. Expansion into the western frontiers offered opportunities for self-advancement.

Okay, so freedom and opportunity... isn't that what Saturn is offering? Isn't that what buying an American car should be about? Dang, Saturn should hire me for this stuff.... It's the perfect segway for a superbowl commercial I already thought of. Ya'll are gonna have to pay me to hear about it. Let me know your thoughts.
Hear, hear!.....The young lady deserves a standing ovation. well said! Now that took some thought and you definitely did your research.............I'm with you, now.....what's the rest on the "low, Low"!:D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Angelqute1 said:

Yah, and it sure sounds better than "let's kill the Indians and steal their land" :lol:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Your husband is in for a real treat this Fall and Winter as you eat, sleep, and talk about nothing but getting a new Sky. :)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Saturn Sales:

Would you believe I sent them an email???? I gave them a little snipit of my ideas. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Wow, sorry if I said anything that insulted any of you. I certainly didn't mean that.
Hey, fogetaboudit. It was meant as a bit of humour (although it may not be for native americans (aka "injuns")..
BTW, just to correct your original assumptions & hypothesis, regarding the Sky, all we really have so far is the design and while we assume it will be an adequate performer, it's main feature is its dynOmite design and sorry to say, that ain't American, but Brit as the SKY is a not so thinly disquised Vauxhall VX Lightning Concept -- created at GM's Advanced Design Studio in Birmingham , England..
So perhaps, rather than Manifest Destiny, it should be Rule Britannia, eh? :D

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Point taken, but remember it was the Englanders that came here for "opportunity" to begin with, yes, yes? So, on that note, how cool is that if we SKYROADSTER.com"ers" all in a commercial as the pioneer drivers of this vehicle. I've got some ideas up my sleeve. I'd like to pitch the Super Bowl commercial to them and I don't want to go with the obvious "sky" stuff, like "in the sky" stuff, ya know? Too easy. I want something mysterious, sexy and exciting. I want people to say, WHAT IS THAT?????? And I think Saturn wants that too. I have some great ideas, maybe Goodby and Silverstein will call. Maybe Saturn will call. I sent Goodby an email. If they're interested, they'll let me know. If not, then my ideas will go down in vain. Either way, WE ARE THE PIONEERS. We are all in the know as much as possible. We are all hyped about this. We can pump the masses and I'd like to do with with my ideas.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Point taken, but remember it was the Englanders that came here for "opportunity" to begin with, yes, yes? So, on that note, how cool is that if we SKYROADSTER.com"ers" all in a commercial as the pioneer drivers of this vehicle. I've got some ideas up my sleeve. I'd like to pitch the Super Bowl commercial to them and I don't want to go with the obvious "sky" stuff, like "in the sky" stuff, ya know? Too easy. I want something mysterious, sexy and exciting. I want people to say, WHAT IS THAT?????? And I think Saturn wants that too. I have some great ideas, maybe Goodby and Silverstein will call. Maybe Saturn will call. I sent Goodby an email. If they're interested, they'll let me know. If not, then my ideas will go down in vain. Either way, WE ARE THE PIONEERS. We are all in the know as much as possible. We are all hyped about this. We can pump the masses and I'd like to do with with my ideas.
I wouldn't say that your ideas would go down in vain.....This is "SKYROADSTER.COM" and around here, opinions and thoughts are valuable. Juust look at how it has grown and is still growing.....SOMEONE FROM UP TOP IS BOUND TO TAKE NOTICE..........(IF THEY HAVEN'T ALREADY). So keep coming up with those ideas. It may definitely pay-off in the long run. :cheers:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ok.. so we get the moderators to give us permission to use the "SkyRoadster.Com" logo on some nice polos. We get cards made and pretend we are from the press core. We can sneak into all the really great sky parties and continue from there. and tomorrow we can take over the world!! Um.. or get some more information.

Overtime we can pick up a cool nick name for us.. like Skysters.. or Skyniacs.. do a documentary about how obessed we've become (grain of salt people). Overtime we can have conferences (that has come up before.. Sky Club and what not)

It's gonna be a cult.. I mean club... :)

And as crazy as all this sounds.. this is definately the place to get those crazy ideas out. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
:lol: Uuuhhh what are we going to do tonight Brain? Why Pinky we are going to take over the world of course! Hypnotizing everyone that can see us driving in our beautiful new SKY! SOON THE WORLD WILL BE OURS!! :lol:

·
Registered
242 Posts
sky_vue said:
Ok.. so we get the moderators to give us permission to use the "SkyRoadster.Com" logo on some nice polos. We get cards made and pretend we are from the press core. We can sneak into all the really great sky parties and continue from there. and tomorrow we can take over the world!! Um.. or get some more information.

Overtime we can pick up a cool nick name for us.. like Skysters.. or Skyniacs.. do a documentary about how obessed we've become (grain of salt people). Overtime we can have conferences (that has come up before.. Sky Club and what not)

It's gonna be a cult.. I mean club... :)

And as crazy as all this sounds.. this is definately the place to get those crazy ideas out. :cool:
hey! the "logo" thingy sounds cool!!!!!!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
" Uuuhhh what are we going to do tonight Brain? Why Pinky we are going to take over the world of course! Hypnotizing everyone that can see us driving in our beautiful new SKY! SOON THE WORLD WILL BE OURS!! "

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just want you all to know that I thought it would have been absolutely FABULOUS if we all (skyroadster.com) regular "posters" did the first SuperBowl commercial for Saturn. I had it all set up that all of us get our cars a little early picturing us anxiously waiting to get our car and then they surprise us. A little one liner from each of us, and our mugs (a little reality thang going on) from the East Coast to the West to keep my Manifest Destiny original theme going. But just so you all know.....
GOODBY & SILVERSTEIN were not interested in my "unsolicited" ideas.
So forget about them. I can still dream. We ARE and will be the PIONEERS of the SKY, yes, yes?
I mean why would Saturn want to televise US, the most anxious people to geth their new SKY, who all used to have a life before this forum and now we're all somehow related...??? Like we're family. I mean, why would Saturn want to have their advertisement company want to do that? Get everyone all excited about the car and want to buy it??? Oh yeah, the other idea (tie in) is that starting Thanksgiving"ish", all of us (well, the top 10 of us - okay, or the 10 I pick WHATEVER) there would be these 10 second bios with nothing revealing about the SKY (I haven't figured the whole thing out yet). But why would they want an idea from someone who wants to do that, for probably cheaper, with the best group of folks in one forum? I'm such an idiot, I'm sorry.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts